Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 122post #1816 of 93904/4/13 at 4:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1817 of 93904/4/13 at 4:19ampost #1818 of 93904/4/13 at 7:35amQuote:
I prefer twill because I find that when I don't wear an undershirt poplin is too "see-through" for my tastes.
And another, unrelated question: Where are Suit Supply's OTR suits made? I know the site says the fabric is Italian, but at those prices I find it hard to believe they construct the suits there as well.post #1819 of 93904/4/13 at 7:37ampost #1820 of 93904/4/13 at 7:37amQuote:
All of the twill shirts I have are very subtle. You really woulnd't be able to see the texture from more than 2 feet away. I just like that the result is a thicker fabric than poplin.post #1821 of 93904/4/13 at 10:34amQuote:
I think there are some made in Europe, maybe Romania, but I heard that circa fall 2011.post #1822 of 93904/4/13 at 12:23pmpost #1823 of 93904/4/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
The one I was wearing when posting, bought in autumn 2012, says "Made in PRC".
Just went upstairs and checked my other suit, bought spring 2012, and it says "Made in U.E" which as best as I can make out means "Unione Europea" in Italian or "Union européenne" (I bought it in Brussels after all). Therefore I think you're quite right - it probably varies by suit.post #1824 of 93904/4/13 at 6:02pmpost #1825 of 93904/4/13 at 7:24pmpost #1826 of 93904/4/13 at 7:46pmpost #1827 of 93904/5/13 at 8:23ampost #1828 of 93904/5/13 at 8:42ampost #1829 of 93904/5/13 at 8:48am
Regarding my earlier comments about how Napoli pants fit slimmer than Jort/LaSpalla: I just checked the tag, and the Napoli (in 42S) is a drop-7. I assume the LaSpalla/Jort is a drop-6, which would account for the difference in fit. Its strange that they give you a drop-7 on their loosest fit.post #1830 of 93904/5/13 at 9:13pm
Hey guys, I wanted to see if I could get some feedback on 2 new Napolis that I purchased. I have two prior Napolis in a 36R but I think the coat is too big around the shoulders and back length as well, but it's too late now because they have already been altered and worn (although they fit much better than my prior suit). Some of the photos may look weird because it was windy. The suits will be for work after I graduate and I want to start building a proper suit rotation. Here is one of my current Napolis in navy:
The 2 new Napolis are a 34R and the coat feels perfect now in terms of fit and feel (feels snug and fitting), whereas my other 2 Napolis (36R) feel a bit bigger, but not too much. I have to let part of the coat out (if possible) around the upper waist because there is slight pulling at the top button. The only problem with the 34R is the pants are pretty snug in the upper thigh, waist and seat area, more so with the grey faux uni than the light gray. I am contemplating having a tailor let out the pants and waist if possible. I'm going to visit him tomorrow. Here are pictures of grey faux uni and light grey out of the box:
Thanks for your feedback regardless of how brutal I can sense some of the comments will be. If you guys find the 34R unfitting, I'm assuming OTR is not for me and I was contemplating trying black lapel for a made to measure suit instead.
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Saddleback Leather Chestnut Travel Case 3 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 10 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 17 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 20 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 23 minutes ago
- › Buy sunken metal toe taps 29 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...