Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on Today at 10:25 am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 122post #1816 of 69284/4/13 at 4:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1817 of 69284/4/13 at 4:19ampost #1818 of 69284/4/13 at 7:35amQuote:
I prefer twill because I find that when I don't wear an undershirt poplin is too "see-through" for my tastes.
And another, unrelated question: Where are Suit Supply's OTR suits made? I know the site says the fabric is Italian, but at those prices I find it hard to believe they construct the suits there as well.post #1819 of 69284/4/13 at 7:37ampost #1820 of 69284/4/13 at 7:37amQuote:
All of the twill shirts I have are very subtle. You really woulnd't be able to see the texture from more than 2 feet away. I just like that the result is a thicker fabric than poplin.post #1821 of 69284/4/13 at 10:34amQuote:
I think there are some made in Europe, maybe Romania, but I heard that circa fall 2011.post #1822 of 69284/4/13 at 12:23pmpost #1823 of 69284/4/13 at 12:39pmQuote:
The one I was wearing when posting, bought in autumn 2012, says "Made in PRC".
Just went upstairs and checked my other suit, bought spring 2012, and it says "Made in U.E" which as best as I can make out means "Unione Europea" in Italian or "Union européenne" (I bought it in Brussels after all). Therefore I think you're quite right - it probably varies by suit.post #1824 of 69284/4/13 at 6:02pmpost #1825 of 69284/4/13 at 7:24pmpost #1826 of 69284/4/13 at 7:46pmpost #1827 of 69284/5/13 at 8:23ampost #1828 of 69284/5/13 at 8:42ampost #1829 of 69284/5/13 at 8:48am
Regarding my earlier comments about how Napoli pants fit slimmer than Jort/LaSpalla: I just checked the tag, and the Napoli (in 42S) is a drop-7. I assume the LaSpalla/Jort is a drop-6, which would account for the difference in fit. Its strange that they give you a drop-7 on their loosest fit.post #1830 of 69284/5/13 at 9:13pm
Hey guys, I wanted to see if I could get some feedback on 2 new Napolis that I purchased. I have two prior Napolis in a 36R but I think the coat is too big around the shoulders and back length as well, but it's too late now because they have already been altered and worn (although they fit much better than my prior suit). Some of the photos may look weird because it was windy. The suits will be for work after I graduate and I want to start building a proper suit rotation. Here is one of my current Napolis in navy:
The 2 new Napolis are a 34R and the coat feels perfect now in terms of fit and feel (feels snug and fitting), whereas my other 2 Napolis (36R) feel a bit bigger, but not too much. I have to let part of the coat out (if possible) around the upper waist because there is slight pulling at the top button. The only problem with the 34R is the pants are pretty snug in the upper thigh, waist and seat area, more so with the grey faux uni than the light gray. I am contemplating having a tailor let out the pants and waist if possible. I'm going to visit him tomorrow. Here are pictures of grey faux uni and light grey out of the box:
Thanks for your feedback regardless of how brutal I can sense some of the comments will be. If you guys find the 34R unfitting, I'm assuming OTR is not for me and I was contemplating trying black lapel for a made to measure suit instead.
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The multi-pattern Good Taste Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 10 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › Filson Rucksack Otter Green 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Suits Around $1500-1800? 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...