Still too tight (upper back as well as chest). There's another problem visible in both suits - dents in the sleevehead, maybe due to square shoulders. Frankly, SuitSupply might not have anything that fits well on you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 118post #1756 of 97243/23/13 at 11:46am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1757 of 97243/24/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
The jacket looks to be too small in general for you. I doubt this is a problem you'll solve by choosing another fit. The sleeves are also too long, though that's a problem more easily rectified.
Try taking the next size up, and try the short size while you're at it if you aren't doing so already (or pick the normal if this is the long).post #1758 of 97243/24/13 at 4:08pmpost #1759 of 97243/24/13 at 5:16pmQuote:
Fixing pants is much easier than jackets. It's pretty easy to slim pants. You never know, you might need more room in the thighs if you squat. I figure you lift, given the size of your chest.post #1760 of 97243/24/13 at 6:00pmpost #1761 of 97243/24/13 at 6:35pmQuote:
Jesus christ man, you're a drop 10?! My lord!
Forget OTR then.
SS offer a MTM service, which you might be interested in, but there is probably better MTM out there for the same price point.post #1762 of 97243/24/13 at 7:26pmpost #1763 of 97243/24/13 at 9:33pmpost #1764 of 97243/25/13 at 2:22pmpost #1765 of 97243/25/13 at 3:32pmQuote:
Is that the midnight shawl collar option that they had only in stores a while back? If so then I am curious about this as well (including good alternatives). I've been looking for something like this for a while with no luck.post #1766 of 97243/25/13 at 4:16pmQuote:
It was an in-store exclusive, although I've heard rumors that it may be joining the regular lineup in the fall. I unfortunately don't know of any RTW alternatives that have a similarly robust shawl collar.post #1767 of 97243/25/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
I think it's directly integrated their next F/W collection (as opposed to what it was this past year - an exclusive). Not sure you can still get any now.post #1768 of 97243/26/13 at 8:08ampost #1769 of 97243/26/13 at 8:24amQuote:
Not sure about the quality though
http://www.tmlewin.com/Guiness-Slim-Fit-1-Button-Black-Dinner-Suit/45219B,en_US,pd.html?start=2&cgid=Mens-Suit-Bundles&prefn1=suitType&prefv1=Dinnerpost #1770 of 97243/26/13 at 9:21amQuote:Originally Posted by quuz
Not sure about the quality though
The description mentions a "floatnig chest piece" so I assume that means half-canvassed.
- Suitsupply NYC
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 33 seconds ago
- › How do these look? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › My Harris Tweed Pocket Square 5 minutes ago
- › Patrik Ervell x Carson Street Clothiers Charcoal/Navy Leather... 6 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Regent Cut 40R Grey Suit 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › recommend me some places to go to in nyc alone 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...