what do you mean? it looks like his has straight pockets.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/21/16 at 7:51am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Suitsupply NYC - Page 114post #1696 of 133973/15/13 at 12:09pmpost #1697 of 133973/15/13 at 1:16pmpost #1698 of 133973/15/13 at 1:20pmQuote:
I'm not runner skinny, and I have a fairly deep chest, and I find the Sienna to be just about right. It has a slimming profile without being tight on me. Unlike, say, the Washington or Roma, which I can't wear without sizing up.post #1699 of 133973/15/13 at 1:30pmpost #1700 of 133973/15/13 at 2:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Howfener
Well I decided to go it alone like the brave young man I am and this is what I ended up buying. I think it's fundamentally sound, but -- even after a few minor in-store adjustments -- having worn it a little and examined the photographs it seems that it still needs some other modifications.
In-store adjustments were to shorten the trousers, narrow the jacket waist slightly and square the back of the jacket neck. Looking at these photographs I suspect I'm going to have to get the trouser legs slimmed slightly, and possibly the jacket arms as well. I may also need to get the trouser waist taken in a little, but I'll try wearing a smaller belt first as there's not a great deal of excess in the waist and I don't want it to be too tight whilst sitting down after a full day of eating.
I am a little worried about taking in the trousers and ending up looking top-heavy, so would appreciate any advice.
Personally, I think the pants look pretty down the middle. Not nut hugging slim, but not full. But how you like your pants is a personal preference really, unless you really just like #beingdressedbytheinternet.post #1701 of 133973/16/13 at 12:03amQuote:
I think Suitsupplys pants cut is always a bit off. When the jacket fits nicely, pants most of the time are not...post #1702 of 133973/16/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
Good to know. I'd love to try a SS suit, but I kind of want to wait until the Toronto store opens up so I can try them in person.post #1703 of 133973/17/13 at 8:12ampost #1704 of 133973/17/13 at 8:23am
If you go to the website, there is a short video with the major differences between the two. The Sienna is a super 130's wool, with less shoulder padding and a ticket pocket. It also fits a bit slimmer as well. The Napoli is a 110's wool I am not well versed enough to know the major difference in quality although I am sure there is. I will let others comment on that.post #1705 of 133973/17/13 at 8:49ampost #1706 of 133973/17/13 at 9:20am
I was wondering if you guys have some good experiences with the suitsupply trousers? Are they similar in quality to the trousers which come with the suits? I'm asking this because I really like the linnen blue trousers with a nice cuff.
As you can see these trousers are from the soho-fitpost #1707 of 133973/17/13 at 10:26amQuote:
Suitsupply do a pretty good job of explaining the different cuts on their site. As to the premium, well, ypu get nicer fabrics, lots of lovely details that only you will notice. You should ultimately buy the suit that fits you best. if that is the Napoli, good for you and your wallet. if it is the Sienna, spend that little bit extra. You will probably save it on the alterations bill anyway.post #1708 of 133973/17/13 at 10:46ampost #1709 of 133973/17/13 at 11:16ampost #1710 of 133973/17/13 at 11:17am
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 11 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Sutor Mantellassi Penny Loafers BNIB US12 (UK11) 28 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 29 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...