what do you mean? it looks like his has straight pockets.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:05 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 3/18/14 at 10:13am in Streetwear and Denim
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 114post #1696 of 62423/15/13 at 12:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1697 of 62423/15/13 at 1:16pmpost #1698 of 62423/15/13 at 1:20pmQuote:
I'm not runner skinny, and I have a fairly deep chest, and I find the Sienna to be just about right. It has a slimming profile without being tight on me. Unlike, say, the Washington or Roma, which I can't wear without sizing up.post #1699 of 62423/15/13 at 1:30pmpost #1700 of 62423/15/13 at 2:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Howfener
Well I decided to go it alone like the brave young man I am and this is what I ended up buying. I think it's fundamentally sound, but -- even after a few minor in-store adjustments -- having worn it a little and examined the photographs it seems that it still needs some other modifications.
In-store adjustments were to shorten the trousers, narrow the jacket waist slightly and square the back of the jacket neck. Looking at these photographs I suspect I'm going to have to get the trouser legs slimmed slightly, and possibly the jacket arms as well. I may also need to get the trouser waist taken in a little, but I'll try wearing a smaller belt first as there's not a great deal of excess in the waist and I don't want it to be too tight whilst sitting down after a full day of eating.
I am a little worried about taking in the trousers and ending up looking top-heavy, so would appreciate any advice.
Personally, I think the pants look pretty down the middle. Not nut hugging slim, but not full. But how you like your pants is a personal preference really, unless you really just like #beingdressedbytheinternet.post #1701 of 62423/16/13 at 12:03amQuote:
I think Suitsupplys pants cut is always a bit off. When the jacket fits nicely, pants most of the time are not...post #1702 of 62423/16/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
Good to know. I'd love to try a SS suit, but I kind of want to wait until the Toronto store opens up so I can try them in person.post #1703 of 62423/17/13 at 8:12ampost #1704 of 62423/17/13 at 8:23am
If you go to the website, there is a short video with the major differences between the two. The Sienna is a super 130's wool, with less shoulder padding and a ticket pocket. It also fits a bit slimmer as well. The Napoli is a 110's wool I am not well versed enough to know the major difference in quality although I am sure there is. I will let others comment on that.post #1705 of 62423/17/13 at 8:49ampost #1706 of 62423/17/13 at 9:20am
I was wondering if you guys have some good experiences with the suitsupply trousers? Are they similar in quality to the trousers which come with the suits? I'm asking this because I really like the linnen blue trousers with a nice cuff.
As you can see these trousers are from the soho-fitpost #1707 of 62423/17/13 at 10:26amQuote:
Suitsupply do a pretty good job of explaining the different cuts on their site. As to the premium, well, ypu get nicer fabrics, lots of lovely details that only you will notice. You should ultimately buy the suit that fits you best. if that is the Napoli, good for you and your wallet. if it is the Sienna, spend that little bit extra. You will probably save it on the alterations bill anyway.post #1708 of 62423/17/13 at 10:46ampost #1709 of 62423/17/13 at 11:16am
- Suitsupply NYC
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 15 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 12 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 15 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)