what do you mean? it looks like his has straight pockets.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 114post #1696 of 93823/15/13 at 12:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1697 of 93823/15/13 at 1:16pmpost #1698 of 93823/15/13 at 1:20pmQuote:
I'm not runner skinny, and I have a fairly deep chest, and I find the Sienna to be just about right. It has a slimming profile without being tight on me. Unlike, say, the Washington or Roma, which I can't wear without sizing up.post #1699 of 93823/15/13 at 1:30pmpost #1700 of 93823/15/13 at 2:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Howfener
Well I decided to go it alone like the brave young man I am and this is what I ended up buying. I think it's fundamentally sound, but -- even after a few minor in-store adjustments -- having worn it a little and examined the photographs it seems that it still needs some other modifications.
In-store adjustments were to shorten the trousers, narrow the jacket waist slightly and square the back of the jacket neck. Looking at these photographs I suspect I'm going to have to get the trouser legs slimmed slightly, and possibly the jacket arms as well. I may also need to get the trouser waist taken in a little, but I'll try wearing a smaller belt first as there's not a great deal of excess in the waist and I don't want it to be too tight whilst sitting down after a full day of eating.
I am a little worried about taking in the trousers and ending up looking top-heavy, so would appreciate any advice.
Personally, I think the pants look pretty down the middle. Not nut hugging slim, but not full. But how you like your pants is a personal preference really, unless you really just like #beingdressedbytheinternet.post #1701 of 93823/16/13 at 12:03amQuote:
I think Suitsupplys pants cut is always a bit off. When the jacket fits nicely, pants most of the time are not...post #1702 of 93823/16/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
Good to know. I'd love to try a SS suit, but I kind of want to wait until the Toronto store opens up so I can try them in person.post #1703 of 93823/17/13 at 8:12ampost #1704 of 93823/17/13 at 8:23am
If you go to the website, there is a short video with the major differences between the two. The Sienna is a super 130's wool, with less shoulder padding and a ticket pocket. It also fits a bit slimmer as well. The Napoli is a 110's wool I am not well versed enough to know the major difference in quality although I am sure there is. I will let others comment on that.post #1705 of 93823/17/13 at 8:49ampost #1706 of 93823/17/13 at 9:20am
I was wondering if you guys have some good experiences with the suitsupply trousers? Are they similar in quality to the trousers which come with the suits? I'm asking this because I really like the linnen blue trousers with a nice cuff.
As you can see these trousers are from the soho-fitpost #1707 of 93823/17/13 at 10:26amQuote:
Suitsupply do a pretty good job of explaining the different cuts on their site. As to the premium, well, ypu get nicer fabrics, lots of lovely details that only you will notice. You should ultimately buy the suit that fits you best. if that is the Napoli, good for you and your wallet. if it is the Sienna, spend that little bit extra. You will probably save it on the alterations bill anyway.post #1708 of 93823/17/13 at 10:46ampost #1709 of 93823/17/13 at 11:16am
- Suitsupply NYC
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...