what do you mean? it looks like his has straight pockets.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 114post #1696 of 97703/15/13 at 12:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1697 of 97703/15/13 at 1:16pmpost #1698 of 97703/15/13 at 1:20pmQuote:
I'm not runner skinny, and I have a fairly deep chest, and I find the Sienna to be just about right. It has a slimming profile without being tight on me. Unlike, say, the Washington or Roma, which I can't wear without sizing up.post #1699 of 97703/15/13 at 1:30pmpost #1700 of 97703/15/13 at 2:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Howfener
Well I decided to go it alone like the brave young man I am and this is what I ended up buying. I think it's fundamentally sound, but -- even after a few minor in-store adjustments -- having worn it a little and examined the photographs it seems that it still needs some other modifications.
In-store adjustments were to shorten the trousers, narrow the jacket waist slightly and square the back of the jacket neck. Looking at these photographs I suspect I'm going to have to get the trouser legs slimmed slightly, and possibly the jacket arms as well. I may also need to get the trouser waist taken in a little, but I'll try wearing a smaller belt first as there's not a great deal of excess in the waist and I don't want it to be too tight whilst sitting down after a full day of eating.
I am a little worried about taking in the trousers and ending up looking top-heavy, so would appreciate any advice.
Personally, I think the pants look pretty down the middle. Not nut hugging slim, but not full. But how you like your pants is a personal preference really, unless you really just like #beingdressedbytheinternet.post #1701 of 97703/16/13 at 12:03amQuote:
I think Suitsupplys pants cut is always a bit off. When the jacket fits nicely, pants most of the time are not...post #1702 of 97703/16/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
Good to know. I'd love to try a SS suit, but I kind of want to wait until the Toronto store opens up so I can try them in person.post #1703 of 97703/17/13 at 8:12ampost #1704 of 97703/17/13 at 8:23am
If you go to the website, there is a short video with the major differences between the two. The Sienna is a super 130's wool, with less shoulder padding and a ticket pocket. It also fits a bit slimmer as well. The Napoli is a 110's wool I am not well versed enough to know the major difference in quality although I am sure there is. I will let others comment on that.post #1705 of 97703/17/13 at 8:49ampost #1706 of 97703/17/13 at 9:20am
I was wondering if you guys have some good experiences with the suitsupply trousers? Are they similar in quality to the trousers which come with the suits? I'm asking this because I really like the linnen blue trousers with a nice cuff.
As you can see these trousers are from the soho-fitpost #1707 of 97703/17/13 at 10:26amQuote:
Suitsupply do a pretty good job of explaining the different cuts on their site. As to the premium, well, ypu get nicer fabrics, lots of lovely details that only you will notice. You should ultimately buy the suit that fits you best. if that is the Napoli, good for you and your wallet. if it is the Sienna, spend that little bit extra. You will probably save it on the alterations bill anyway.post #1708 of 97703/17/13 at 10:46ampost #1709 of 97703/17/13 at 11:16am
- Suitsupply NYC
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 1 minute ago
- › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width) 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...