or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 105

post #1561 of 7380

Looking to get a new colorful blazer for spring/summer, narrowed it down between these two. Help me decide SF!  

 

post #1562 of 7380
Quote:
Originally Posted by azumi View Post

As I see, you have many Suit Supply, so I think you are very pleased with them. Could you please post some full - body photos with the suit? Do you have any experience with their Washington model?
Thank you.

here´s a full length shot of a Lazio. Excuse the poor picture quality...
post #1563 of 7380
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenbp11 View Post


here´s a full length shot of a Lazio. Excuse the poor picture quality...

Man, this makes me want to try out the Lazio... I have my eye on the light brown faux uni one being I don't have a decent brown suit in my staple.. so I'll have to give it a second look

post #1564 of 7380

^^^^ been eyeing that exact same light brown lazio as well just havent pulled the trigger yet. 

post #1565 of 7380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Smith View Post

Looking to get a new colorful blazer for spring/summer, narrowed it down between these two. Help me decide SF!  

 

The 2nd one is already on my purchase list.Hopefully the girlfriend will get it for my birthday coming in less than 2 months. I love the lapels on the 1st blazer but the color on the 2nd blazer did it for me.

post #1566 of 7380
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenbp11 View Post


here´s a full length shot of a Lazio. Excuse the poor picture quality...

You look like a model with this suit. Amazing.

post #1567 of 7380
Can anyone comment on the sienna blue birds eye? Does it have a "sheen" to the fabric? Some pics look like yes others no.
post #1568 of 7380
Quote:
Originally Posted by azumi View Post

As I see, you have many Suit Supply, so I think you are very pleased with them. Could you please post some full - body photos with the suit? Do you have any experience with their Washington model?

Thank you.

 

 

These are the best shots I can get one of my Washington models. The jacket has not been altered but I did hem the pants.

 

 

post #1569 of 7380
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 Degreez View Post

 

 

These are the best shots I can get one of my Washington models. The jacket has not been altered but I did hem the pants.

 

 


I like the cut on you except for those glaring dimples or divots in the shoulders..

post #1570 of 7380
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post


I like the cut on you except for those glaring dimples or divots in the shoulders..

These dimples appear because of the concave shoulder (structured shoulder) of the jacket.

SuitSupply said that the Washington is their slimmest model, but is this model much slimmer that the Lazio which is a slim modern fit as well?

I think I would go for a Lazio instead of an Washington although I'm looking for the slimmer model because I don't like the peak lapel and the structured shoulder of the Washington.

post #1571 of 7380
Quote:
Originally Posted by azumi View Post

These dimples appear because of the concave shoulder (structured shoulder) of the jacket.

SuitSupply said that the Washington is their slimmest model, but is this model much slimmer that the Lazio which is a slim modern fit as well?

I think I would go for a Lazio instead of an Washington although I'm looking for the slimmer model because I don't like the peak lapel and the structured shoulder of the Washington.


I know that but it should still not dimple like that.. a lot of times its the ratio of the shoulder pads to the armhole to the way a persons arm naturally hang.. if they are not in harmony that usually happens. Thats what I meant with my comment azumi

post #1572 of 7380
First time getting a good look at this stuff. Good lord the shoulders are all fucked up. Anyone else notice this?
post #1573 of 7380
Quote:
Originally Posted by LankyNibs View Post

Hello everyone; long-time lurker, first-time poster.  I have been looking around for a suitable..err..suit for the last couple of weeks.  I need a good all-around suit for occasional business meetings but also for out-of-the office events that may be significantly less formal/businessy, so something with a bit of a fashion-forward tilt, but not so much that it will look conspicuous in a meeting with a bunch of stodgy guys or look ridiculous in 3-5 years.

Unfortunately for me, I am a rather tough size to find a good off-the-rack fit.  I'm 6'2" tall and weigh around 150 lbs, so I'm certified slim.  The best off-the-rack fit I've experienced recently was the Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald in a 39L - perfect in the shoulders and length, a little roomy in the body (but not bad) and the collar would need a little work to lie flat against my shirt collar.  I'm close to pulling the trigger because the fit is so good, but I just wanted to ask if there is anyone on this forum with a similar body type who has had good luck with any other lines of suits?  I've checked out SuitSupply, but find there different fits to be bewildering to the point that I can tell which might work best with my body type and how well it might strike a balance between business conservative and fashion-forward.

As for budget, although I would love to explore the $1k+ market, I don't think I could swing it any time in the near future, so around $1000 would be toward the upper end of my budget.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions you might have.

Try kent wang, fully canvassed MTM for sub 1k
post #1574 of 7380
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post

First time getting a good look at this stuff. Good lord the shoulders are all fucked up. Anyone else notice this?

Would you care to elaborate what you mean ? I have several Suitsupply suits, and haven't noticed any shoulder problems. What model did you look at ?
post #1575 of 7380
So, which of the suits have a lower buttoning point? Or are people having that adjusted for prior to placing an order?

Seems like Washington, Lazio, and Havana are nice cuts but by the photos online, the button point is still fairly high or "industry standard." Looking for a navy and charcoal/gray suit.

The Lazio suit above looks to have a much lower buttoning point than the online photos suggest, which is promising.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC