or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 101

post #1501 of 7191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasakka View Post

Is it just me or are SS jackets meant to be worn with pretty high waisted trousers? The buttoning point seems kinda high on many of them.

Does anyone know if buttoning point is also altered on the long version of the same jacket or is it the same but with a longer hem and sleeves?

Different models have different buttoning points. I know the Washington, which has a high buttoning point, comes with high-rise trousers for the suit version. So I suppose the answer to your question is yes.

post #1502 of 7191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanGren View Post

Has anyone had experience with their "premium" line shoes? They're goodyear welted, but other than that there isn't , much info on the website...thinking of giving their double monks a try.

lurker[1].gif

post #1503 of 7191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miklas View Post

Since I´m still waiting for my blue Soho to come back from my tailor I figured I´ll post a pic of my Washington SC:



I know the tie really doesn´t fit the outfit but what the heck...




Looks awesome on you!!!!
post #1504 of 7191
Does their stuff go on sale when a new collection is introduced?
post #1505 of 7191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Does their stuff go on sale when a new collection is introduced?

Nope
post #1506 of 7191
After losing 110 lbs since Feb. of 2010, I finally bought a new suit. I bought the dark grey plain Napoli in a size 46R. This suit is incredible for the price!!!!!! It's lovely. I think I'll be buying another suit before the end of this week. Pics coming soon!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Oh, and don't worry guys I don't wear my old suits anymore at all LOL! I've sold and/or given them away.
post #1507 of 7191

Just got my new suit from SuitSupply. The only fit they had in charcoal was napoli, so I ended up buying a 38R/40R from SS to try on and return the one that didn't fit. I heard that the napoli fits bigger compared to other suits but the 40R fit me perfectly and 40R is what I fit into for all other suits. Decent quality and decent fit. One thing I didn't like about the suit is how baggy the pants are. Its a weird fitting pants.

 

Let me know what you think, I have yet to go see the tailor but other than the pants, I don't think I'll need to tailor it.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #1508 of 7191
I thinking of getting the navy peacoat, anyone have first hand experience on weight, fit etc? Is there just too many buttons?

Im also considering the sienna birds eye navy but its a really dark navy. Any suggestions in which ties would wok well with that shade of navy?
post #1509 of 7191

Pingu, horrible pictures make it hard to tell if the fit is correct

 

 

From experience and from looking at your pics, I hate the Napoli shoulder

post #1510 of 7191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da GOAT View Post

I thinking of getting the navy peacoat, anyone have first hand experience on weight, fit etc? Is there just too many buttons?

Im also considering the sienna birds eye navy but its a really dark navy. Any suggestions in which ties would wok well with that shade of navy?

I think the fabric is from VBC. I have the double-breasted overcoat with VBC fabric, and it's good quality- soft and warm.
post #1511 of 7191

400 Degreez - that tuxedo looks great.

post #1512 of 7191
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedose View Post

Pingu, horrible pictures make it hard to tell if the fit is correct


From experience and from looking at your pics, I hate the Napoli shoulder

From experience and looking at different pics, I hate ostriches. confused.gif
Edited by CousinDonuts - 2/5/13 at 11:52am
post #1513 of 7191

ill try to post some better pictures. My  camera is my iphone so quality isn't too great. Atm, my pants are at the tailor

 

Edit: Napoli pants are shit, look so baggy as if I took a shit in my pants. The jacket is superb tho for my athletic build. No alterations needed whatsoever. Maybe one thing I wish i could change is maybe a slightly higher armhole? (But that style/fit is just my personal preference) If ur athletic, only get sienna/napoli, others are too tight.

post #1514 of 7191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post

Just got my new suit from SuitSupply. The only fit they had in charcoal was napoli, so I ended up buying a 38R/40R from SS to try on and return the one that didn't fit. I heard that the napoli fits bigger compared to other suits but the 40R fit me perfectly and 40R is what I fit into for all other suits. Decent quality and decent fit. One thing I didn't like about the suit is how baggy the pants are. Its a weird fitting pants.

 

Let me know what you think, I have yet to go see the tailor but other than the pants, I don't think I'll need to tailor it.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 


I would not say they are baggy.. they look pretty slim from right above the knee down.. I think the problem is that you need more of a rise on the back of the pants..usually has to do with a persons hips but if they raise the back of the pants a little bit, then the mess around the thigh area front and back should clear up.. everything below the knee looks slim enough already.

post #1515 of 7191
I think the pants just needs to be pulled up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC