Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:49 am in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 95
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1412 of 69241/23/13 at 11:33ampost #1413 of 69241/23/13 at 11:49am
Perhaps they accidentally went live with the pre-order before they meant to.
Some of the Spring collection items are still live on the US site if you search for them. For example, the blue plain Havana wool/linen blend:
Or the red plain Havana linen jacket:
Or the beige linen Copenhagen:
The linen Napoli suits have disappeared, though. Most likely they didn't mean to put them up yet :)
EDIT: I mis-remembered, it's the Lazio with more linen options, not the Napoli. You can search for "Pre-Order" and all the Spring collection items show up. At least, on the US site. http://us.suitsupply.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Search-Show?q=Pre-Order
Edited by katabatic - 1/23/13 at 12:06pmpost #1414 of 69241/23/13 at 12:32pmpost #1415 of 69241/23/13 at 1:24pmpost #1416 of 69241/23/13 at 1:38pmQuote:From tight to loose:
Not sure about Copenhagen, but I do not like it anyways.post #1417 of 69241/23/13 at 1:59pmpost #1418 of 69241/23/13 at 2:01pmpost #1419 of 69241/23/13 at 2:20pm
Based on the sizing tables, the Copenhagen seems like it's a pretty tight fit mostly, and possibly more suppressed at the waist. I'm a 42R in cuts like the Sevilla and Sienna, but need to size up to a 44R in the Washington and Roma. I haven't tried on the Copenhagen, but looking at the chart I think I might need a 46. The back length is a full inch shorter than the Napoli.post #1420 of 69241/23/13 at 2:28pmpost #1421 of 69241/23/13 at 3:02pmpost #1422 of 69241/23/13 at 6:36pmQuote:
Disagree on the order.
Sienna fits me more closely than my Lazio of the same size. Napoli is definitely their least slim, though.
Havana is tighter than Lazio though.post #1423 of 69241/23/13 at 7:07pmQuote:
I personally thought the Napoli shoulders are more "true to size", meaning true to the size you've come to expect. I.E. if you wear a 40 for most other brands, the 40 will probably fit you best in the shoulders. However, the body of the Napoli is fuller than the other cuts.post #1424 of 69241/23/13 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
I personally thought the Napoli shoulders are more "true to size", meaning true to the size you've come to expect. I.E. if you wear a 40 for most other brands, the 40 will probably fit you best in the shoulders. However, the body of the Napoli is fuller than the other cuts.
Not for me, I usually fit 36R or 38s in most suits. The Napoli 36R was just too big for me in the shoulders and too long... SS sizing is kind of strange, you really need to experience it for yourself in person
Order for me (from what I've tried on) is
Too slim for me:
Next 3 are very close:
Too full cut and long:
- Suitsupply NYC
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 35 seconds ago
- › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** 2 minutes ago
- › WTT AE MacNeil Black Caf Size 10.5 D 6 minutes ago
- › NWT Size 36” Thick grey flannel trousers by Incotex for K&C 7 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu 8 minutes ago
- › Hair style help!!! Need pics!!! 8 minutes ago
- › The perfect woman 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...