Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 12/15/15 at 7:37am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 95
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1412 of 118531/23/13 at 11:33ampost #1413 of 118531/23/13 at 11:49am
Perhaps they accidentally went live with the pre-order before they meant to.
Some of the Spring collection items are still live on the US site if you search for them. For example, the blue plain Havana wool/linen blend:
Or the red plain Havana linen jacket:
Or the beige linen Copenhagen:
The linen Napoli suits have disappeared, though. Most likely they didn't mean to put them up yet :)
EDIT: I mis-remembered, it's the Lazio with more linen options, not the Napoli. You can search for "Pre-Order" and all the Spring collection items show up. At least, on the US site. http://us.suitsupply.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Search-Show?q=Pre-Order
Edited by katabatic - 1/23/13 at 12:06pmpost #1414 of 118531/23/13 at 12:32pmpost #1415 of 118531/23/13 at 1:24pmpost #1416 of 118531/23/13 at 1:38pmQuote:From tight to loose:
Not sure about Copenhagen, but I do not like it anyways.post #1417 of 118531/23/13 at 1:59pmpost #1418 of 118531/23/13 at 2:01pmpost #1419 of 118531/23/13 at 2:20pm
Based on the sizing tables, the Copenhagen seems like it's a pretty tight fit mostly, and possibly more suppressed at the waist. I'm a 42R in cuts like the Sevilla and Sienna, but need to size up to a 44R in the Washington and Roma. I haven't tried on the Copenhagen, but looking at the chart I think I might need a 46. The back length is a full inch shorter than the Napoli.post #1420 of 118531/23/13 at 2:28pmpost #1421 of 118531/23/13 at 3:02pmpost #1422 of 118531/23/13 at 6:36pmQuote:
Disagree on the order.
Sienna fits me more closely than my Lazio of the same size. Napoli is definitely their least slim, though.
Havana is tighter than Lazio though.post #1423 of 118531/23/13 at 7:07pmQuote:
I personally thought the Napoli shoulders are more "true to size", meaning true to the size you've come to expect. I.E. if you wear a 40 for most other brands, the 40 will probably fit you best in the shoulders. However, the body of the Napoli is fuller than the other cuts.post #1424 of 118531/23/13 at 7:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
I personally thought the Napoli shoulders are more "true to size", meaning true to the size you've come to expect. I.E. if you wear a 40 for most other brands, the 40 will probably fit you best in the shoulders. However, the body of the Napoli is fuller than the other cuts.
Not for me, I usually fit 36R or 38s in most suits. The Napoli 36R was just too big for me in the shoulders and too long... SS sizing is kind of strange, you really need to experience it for yourself in person
Order for me (from what I've tried on) is
Too slim for me:
Next 3 are very close:
Too full cut and long:
- Suitsupply NYC
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Paul Smith London IT48R/US38R Double-Breasted Camel Cashmere (50%)... 5 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Supreme x Schott NYC Perfecto Double Rider 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 14 minutes ago
- › NIGEL CABOURN Everest Parka survival yellow anarctic arctic Ventile 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?