The Sienna fit - how does it fit? How's the length? How slim is it compared to the other fits?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/26/16 at 4:24am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 904post #13546 of 1428610/12/16 at 6:30ampost #13547 of 1428610/12/16 at 3:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by pomor
Wow, today they added 3 jackets, 2 Soho suits, 3 overcoats and a new waistcoat.
I am grabbing the dark green jacket personally.
The gray Soho suit will probably sell out in a matter of days. $499 Reda. I would have grabbed it except I just bought a Reda gray Havana suit a few weeks ago...
P.S. I knew this was going to be a slow rollout. I mean, they added the first pieces of the collection July 31, and it's now October 11, and they are still adding this year's FW
I also purchased the dark green jacket. Receiving it on Friday. Selling like hot cakes, almost sold out in every size.post #13548 of 1428610/12/16 at 4:24pmpost #13549 of 1428610/12/16 at 4:53pm
@villagepark As others have mentioned, sleeves are way too short. I had a similar experience with my first (and probably last) SC purchase at SS. Tried on a jacket in 36S and everything fit perfectly except for the sleeves which were too short. Had them let out the sleeves (was told by staff there was enough fabric to let out) but turned out there was not enough fabric to get the proper length. So the jacket's been sitting in the closet. I know it's a difficult thing to do, but do the right thing and return it. You'll thank me later!post #13550 of 1428610/12/16 at 6:18pmQuote:
I'm also thinking about it but I am worried about the wool. I tend to favour tighter weaves for durability and I'm not sure how long the pants would last. I've had bad luck with things like loose herringbone weaves.post #13551 of 1428610/12/16 at 9:07pmpost #13552 of 1428610/12/16 at 11:04pmpost #13553 of 1428610/12/16 at 11:26pmpost #13554 of 1428610/12/16 at 11:30pmpost #13555 of 1428610/12/16 at 11:36pmRe sizing control: A few nights ago I measured the shoulder width of my SuSu jackets (a Lazio, Havana and Hudson), and they were all a centimeter less than indicated on the site. It might just be that I'm not measuring correctly, but I'm definitely going to take their sizing guide with a pinch of salt in the future.post #13556 of 1428610/13/16 at 5:20amIt's nice to know there is actually a size control issue and it isn't just me - I've been in a Sienna where I'm basically swimming in a 36S and a Havana where I can barely get my arms in on the same size.
The big fit dilemma I have with them is that a 36 usually fits perfectly but my shoulders are 17.5" and their jackets are a 17.25" on the site. Not sure how the padding affects that measurement. I'm hesitant in case I put on mass from weightlifting on the shoulders. Their armholes run really slim too, would love to know which jackets afford some room there (probably the classic fit ones). The J. Crew Crosby is ideal (with the waist taken in) but the shoulders are a 18.5" (!!)post #13557 of 1428610/13/16 at 1:50pmDid anyone receive an email from SuitSupply like this, today, from "Travis", my "personal stylist"?
Share your preferences
Receive your first box
Pay for what you keep
Suitsupply invites you to the Box Office – our new personal styling service via Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp. No commitment, free shipping and returns.post #13558 of 1428610/13/16 at 2:44pmpost #13559 of 1428610/13/16 at 7:32pmSo just purchased that new grey Soho even though I already have one in a grey stripe coming to me from the Design Your Own Suit Program. I was disappointed because when I visited the store they could not show me the fabric I used for my custom suit, so I guess in the end that's why they offer free returns even on those.
Not sure if it's the wisest decision on their end but I guess they are confident someone will buy the suit down the line if one is ever returned.post #13560 of 1428610/13/16 at 7:53pmThoughts on this one as a grey "casual suit"?
I ordered it and I feel it looks borderline too bold. I actually think it looks better on the website than in real life; the pattern reads a bit larger in scale in person.
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › MC General Chat 35 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 52 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...