or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 890

post #13336 of 13740

Initially really loved this Havana brown jacket, but after hearing someone's comment about its looking like a coffee sack and my wife commenting that it looked like I was wearing couch fabric, I'm not sure anymore. 

 

What do you guys think of this jacket? 

post #13337 of 13740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimistry View Post

Initially really loved this Havana brown jacket, but after hearing someone's comment about its looking like a coffee sack and my wife commenting that it looked like I was wearing couch fabric, I'm not sure anymore. 

What do you guys think of this jacket? 

Don't listen to them. I have a 3-piece suit from this past summer collection with a similar weave that I wear to my heart's content. (Actually, I liked the brown 3-piece so much I had to get the blue one as well)

post #13338 of 13740
EDIT: OK, so the weave is different, but I bet from a few feet away they would look like twin jackets.
post #13339 of 13740
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98muted View Post
 

Any experience with the design your own suit program?  I am skinny with broad shoulders, and the suit I have, I had to do too much tailoring to the pants and it caused them to drape a little funny.  The seperates I have for my suitsupply Tuxedo almost fit perfectly.  I want to go to the store and try on a few sizes of Lazio, washington and havana jackets and pants and see which fit best so I can order something through the design your own suit.

 

Does anybody know if they accept returns on these?

I was told in the London store that they are indeed returnable. 

post #13340 of 13740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimistry View Post
 

Initially really loved this Havana brown jacket, but after hearing someone's comment about its looking like a coffee sack and my wife commenting that it looked like I was wearing couch fabric, I'm not sure anymore. 

 

What do you guys think of this jacket? 

 

I have the same brown three-piece Havana as pomor and it's one of my favourites, nobody has ever made the coffee sack/couch comment before but I've thought it myself;  though it never bothered me.

 

If we can get away with wearing a full three-piece suit made of a very similar material and still look great, a standalone jacket will be no problem.

post #13341 of 13740
Any man who wants to be well dressed must immediately stop listening to what women think about style. They are in a completely different world. If you wear it right, and with panache, you will MAKE them love it.
post #13342 of 13740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Any man who wants to be well dressed must immediately stop listening to what women think about style. They are in a completely different world. If you wear it right, and with panache, you will MAKE them love it.

Fact. Nothing is worse than a man who won't make his own clothing decisions or requires approval by his wife/girlfriend.
post #13343 of 13740
Quote:
 Any man who wants to be well dressed must immediately stop listening to what women think about style. They are in a completely different world. If you wear it right, and with panache, you will MAKE them love it.

 

Haha, I would generally agree, but then I got this opinion from another SF member so I thought there might be some merit to it a while back...

 
Originally Posted by Kimistry View Post


Personally, I have way too many blue shade jackets, so I've been waiting for a brown jacket with a little more texture and this fits the bill perfectly:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/pre_order_jackets/havana-brown-plain/C1015I.html?cgid=pre_order_jackets

What do you guys think of it?
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

I would personally feel like I'm wearing a coffee sack .. 

post #13344 of 13740
Quote:
Originally Posted by joman8390 View Post


Fact. Nothing is worse than a man who won't make his own clothing decisions or requires approval by his wife/girlfriend.


I'm sure there are many things worse than that. haha 😄 

post #13345 of 13740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimistry View Post
 


I'm sure there are many things worse than that. haha 😄 


Nope. Nothing.

post #13346 of 13740

The central problem is that women, to paraphrase Jesse James, think they know about men's style... but they don't.

post #13347 of 13740
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomor View Post

Don't listen to them. I have a 3-piece suit from this past summer collection with a similar weave that I wear to my heart's content. (Actually, I liked the brown 3-piece so much I had to get the blue one as well)


The suit and jacket are great actually.
About your wives and girlfriends just tell them it's Ralph Lauren. They will love something they dislike if the brand tag is appropriate...

post #13348 of 13740
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomor View Post


Don't listen to them. I have a 3-piece suit from this past summer collection with a similar weave that I wear to my heart's content. (Actually, I liked the brown 3-piece so much I had to get the blue one as well)

 

Now you've got me wondering if I should just get the 3-piece suit instead for just $200 more. I also like the weave and subtle blue lines on the suit. I received the brown jacket and it is a bit on the heavier side. I don't think it would be something you could really wear in the summer (perhaps, at best, Spring). Is the suit also the same? 

post #13349 of 13740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimistry View Post





SuitSupply tie, waistcoat and shirt with Meermin shoes.


which tie is that?

post #13350 of 13740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimistry View Post
 

Initially really loved this Havana brown jacket, but after hearing someone's comment about its looking like a coffee sack and my wife commenting that it looked like I was wearing couch fabric, I'm not sure anymore. 

 

What do you guys think of this jacket? 

It's a lovely jacket! Perfect for the weekend. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC