or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 86

post #1276 of 7372
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedose View Post

Ok, so I got my blue Lazio fit, this thing fits me like a G L O V E. The shoulders, chest, waist = PERFECT. The sleeves need to be taken in maybe .5" maybe even less. The pants need to be shortened but nothing more, literally PERFECT FIT. The Jacket length also might need to be shortened by no more than .5" I am sooo happy right now!

 

In the first picture I had my arms out (dunno why I did that)

 

What do you guys think?

 

 

1000

 

1000

 

 

 

1000

 

1000


Pretty Good Dose.. tel your tailor to move the top button at your buttoning point, up (I think) being that you have a low right shoulder.. that should help the creasing at the buttoning point. The sleeves are a preference but I like to show some shirt cuff on my stuff and maybe slightly taper the pants and def cuff them.. but really very little problems from the front.. might be issues in the back but for me thats not that big of a deal unless you are going made to measure or bespoke unless its a glaring problem. The shoulders look perfect, the sleeves look to have no pitch issues and the waist suppression is good.. shows off a good V. Great Job Dose!! By the way the length seems perfect to me.. I would not shorten it but hey its what you prefer

post #1277 of 7372

I am a cuff guy myself and will def get the sleeves shortened to show some. Will also get the pants shortened and see about that right shoulder (it might have just been the way the I was standing when the picture shot)

 

I am sooooo pleased!

post #1278 of 7372
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedose View Post

I am a cuff guy myself and will def get the sleeves shortened to show some. Will also get the pants shortened and see about that right shoulder (it might have just been the way the I was standing when the picture shot)

 

I am sooooo pleased!


yea every pic I have looked at you have a low right shoulder.. and from experience if the buttons are not moved to account for it then you see the wrinkling at the button..even taking out the sides will not help as much.. but yea ask your tailor see what he says.. when everything is done the suit will fit you very well..you'll look like a million bucks! Congrats on the purchase

post #1279 of 7372
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post


Pretty Good Dose.. tel your tailor to move the top button at your buttoning point, up (I think) being that you have a low right shoulder

Have you ever gone to a tailor? You can't just move buttons on a jacket. There's a hole in the fabric on the opposite side.
post #1280 of 7372
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluther View Post

Have you ever gone to a tailor? You can't just move buttons on a jacket. There's a hole in the fabric on the opposite side.

Lmao!!!

How big of a hole is it?
post #1281 of 7372
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluther View Post


Have you ever gone to a tailor? You can't just move buttons on a jacket. There's a hole in the fabric on the opposite side.


yes, you can move the button up or down not the button hole which I believe you are referring too..and to your question if you are active on this board then most likely you have been to a tailor.

post #1282 of 7372
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post


yes, you can move the button up or down not the button hole which I believe you are referring too..and to your question if you are active on this board then most likely you have been to a tailor.

and to add insult to injury, the shoulder that is lower happens to be the very shoulder/side of the jacket where the button itself is on... fing02[1].gif

post #1283 of 7372
How is the shoulder padding on the lazio? They say that Napoli is lightly padded but it has a big chunk of it.
post #1284 of 7372

If you think the Napoli is too heavily padded, you need to walk into a Macy's or Men's Wearhouse somewhere...

post #1285 of 7372
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuponoodles View Post

If you think the Napoli is too heavily padded, you need to walk into a Macy's or Men's Wearhouse somewhere...

But it is the most padded suitsupply model. And they are describing it as lightly padded, which it obv. is not.
post #1286 of 7372
post #1287 of 7372
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedose View Post

Ok, so I got my blue Lazio fit, this thing fits me like a G L O V E. The shoulders, chest, waist = PERFECT. The sleeves need to be taken in maybe .5" maybe even less. The pants need to be shortened but nothing more, literally PERFECT FIT. The Jacket length also might need to be shortened by no more than .5" I am sooo happy right now!

 

In the first picture I had my arms out (dunno why I did that)

 

What do you guys think?

 

 

1000

 

1000

 

 

 

1000

 

1000

Looks good. I wouldn't bother getting the jacket shortened. 0.5" is not that much, and you run the risk of messing with the nice finish on the bottom edge.

post #1288 of 7372

I'm driving up to the Georgetown spot today, Just going to get the sleeves shortened, maybe have the sides taken in and see what they can do about that top button. Also gonna get the trousers hemmed & cuffed.

 

Hoping to try on the other fits there as well :D

 

This forum is so awesome!

post #1289 of 7372

I would not move the top button, not sure why trending is going towards higher button stance, but it looks terrible.  Its perfect right where it is.  Get the pants and sleeves taken in and you'll be good to go.

post #1290 of 7372
I think the recommendation is just to move the button itself up .25" or so, simply so that the button is one the same horizontal plane is the buttonhole -- due to his low right shoulder, the button is slightly below that plane.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC