or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 83

post #1231 of 7393
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider View Post

Question for you guys. Just got my plain navy Napoli in and tried it on (40R). I used the fit 'advisor' on their site. It's snug, but I really like the suit. The only thing I can see wrong is that the lapels are often not hanging smoothly on the inside roll. I don't know what the proper term is for what they're doing, but I googled pucker, pinch, etc and nothing similar came up. I'd rather not go up a size as the pants fit me perfectly with the 34" waist. Is this a common problem? Is it a problem at all? Thanks in advance!


I would have to see what you are talking about but the Napoli's with the wider lapels have a really nice roll that when buttoned will still roll a little bit. Sign of lapel that has a great roll.. all my suits with beautiful lapel rolls do this.. I'm thinking thats what you are talking about..

post #1232 of 7393
I think he means there is much air between the lapels and his chest.
post #1233 of 7393
I'll try and take a better pic. I'm talking about the inside 'v' edge that the lapel of the coat makes. There are points halfway up the 'v' on both sides where what appears to be extra fabric ripples. The canvas underneath doesn't feel like its doing the same thing, but the fabric along the roll pinches, puckers, whatever you call it. I think if there was a tad less fabric it wouldn't do it. I'd think that would be fixable since the fabric just floats freely over the canvas.
post #1234 of 7393
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gold Bug View Post

Timo, did you buy the Spalla? I thought I saw a jacket of the model on your tumblr. Would love to see how it looks when worn.

I just have a top shot with crappy lighting:


No alterations yet. Sleeves obv. too long, some sleeve pitch issues (I have those with all of my coats confused.gif).
Size is a 40r and it is this one: http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-blue-plain-la-spalla-p3343/P3343,en,pd.html?start=53&cgid=Suits&srule=Fit
post #1235 of 7393
Looks like it has potential. Are you keeping it ?
post #1236 of 7393
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenbp11 View Post

Looks like it has potential. Are you keeping it ?

Yes. I bought it BNWT from a user in another forum for a pretty low price (~450€)

I will go to my tailor after Christmas, the sleeves can be fixed.
post #1237 of 7393
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider View Post

I'll try and take a better pic. I'm talking about the inside 'v' edge that the lapel of the coat makes. There are points halfway up the 'v' on both sides where what appears to be extra fabric ripples. The canvas underneath doesn't feel like its doing the same thing, but the fabric along the roll pinches, puckers, whatever you call it. I think if there was a tad less fabric it wouldn't do it. I'd think that would be fixable since the fabric just floats freely over the canvas.

 

1000

 

I'm assuming that's what you're talking about?  I'm not sure what's causing that but I think the jacket fits well overall.

post #1238 of 7393
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleySnail View Post

1000


I'm assuming that's what you're talking about?  I'm not sure what's causing that but I think the jacket fits well overall.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about, thanks. The jacket does fit my contours well, just a little tight in the chest/back, but I'm thinking I'm ok with that. Back looks good too. Very impressed with quality, much much better than anything I've tried at the various malls all over Miami for past two weeks $1000 and below.
post #1239 of 7393
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider View Post

Question for you guys. Just got my plain navy Napoli in and tried it on (40R). I used the fit 'advisor' on their site. It's snug, but I really like the suit. The only thing I can see wrong is that the lapels are often not hanging smoothly on the inside roll. I don't know what the proper term is for what they're doing, but I googled pucker, pinch, etc and nothing similar came up. I'd rather not go up a size as the pants fit me perfectly with the 34" waist. Is this a common problem? Is it a problem at all? Thanks in advance! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) [

It might mean that the chest is a little tight. Or maybe it just needs to be steamed/pressed. A live tailor might know.
post #1240 of 7393
Can you guys please critique this fit? It's a 42L Washington, I'm 6"2.



post #1241 of 7393
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRider View Post

I'll try and take a better pic. I'm talking about the inside 'v' edge that the lapel of the coat makes. There are points halfway up the 'v' on both sides where what appears to be extra fabric ripples. The canvas underneath doesn't feel like its doing the same thing, but the fabric along the roll pinches, puckers, whatever you call it. I think if there was a tad less fabric it wouldn't do it. I'd think that would be fixable since the fabric just floats freely over the canvas.

The lapels are "bowing"
post #1242 of 7393

What do you guys think I should do with this? keep it or return it? i got it for pretty cheap 300 from Park and bond. The waist is pretty tight, (kind of was giving me a muffin top too :( could be the reason for being too tight in the waist) so ill loosen it up about .5-1 inch and how do you guys feel about the overall length of the jacket and sleeves? I am younger, 21, so I do like to more slimmer fit. But maybe its a tad too tight? I do plan on losing 10 more pounds since my goal weight is 155. oh and this is a size 35r according to suit supply, although Park and bond sized it as 34.

 

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #1243 of 7393
looks a bit snug, but after loosing another 10 pounds that might be a different story. Length looks ok to me.

I am jealous of that navy blue db, by the way.
post #1244 of 7393
SBP the shoulders ae good,but
the rest is way too tight.

I have no idea how large the outlets are to increase. the size.

the pants are way too tight everywhere.
this would be a good reason to return
post #1245 of 7393
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleySnail View Post

1000


I'm assuming that's what you're talking about?  I'm not sure what's causing that but I think the jacket fits well overall.

Pls take jacket flicks with a proper shirt on....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC