or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 778

post #11656 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hargin View Post
 

You'd outlet, but we have preseason :) There must be some justice :)

 

In the US appears likely with a slight delay

 

UPDATE:  There are now more available on the U.S. site.  Apparently things are being updated as we speak.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #11657 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

Many thanks.

 

It was as I feared, alas:  you're in Europe.  U.S. customers will be redirected to the U.S. site, on which there's only one pre-order suit available:

 

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/pre-order/havana-off-white-plain/P4813I.html?cgid=pre-order

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

Seem to be a bunch available at http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/pre-order 

Weird advertising images as usual for SuSu.

post #11658 of 13736
Was hoping for a new db suit or two in the next collection, but to no avail
post #11659 of 13736

I'd like to try DB, but maybe next year. This year I should nail the SB.

post #11660 of 13736

The three-piece striped Havana is almost perfect. I love the way it looks but I don't feel the need for patch pockets on a pinstripe suit, nor am I in need of a pure linen suit. If it had a nice amount of wool mixed into it I'd probably purchase it, the patch pockets are not a deal-breaker IMO, just kinda unecessary.

 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suits/havana-blue-stripe/P4849.html

 

Everything else looks great but I'm disappointed in the lack of wool, though this is probably because I live in England.

post #11661 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
 

The three-piece striped Havana is almost perfect. I love the way it looks but I don't feel the need for patch pockets on a pinstripe suit, nor am I in need of a pure linen suit. If it had a nice amount of wool mixed into it I'd probably purchase it, the patch pockets are not a deal-breaker IMO, just kinda unecessary.

 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suits/havana-blue-stripe/P4849.html

 

Everything else looks great but I'm disappointed in the lack of wool, though this is probably because I live in England.

The Havana pinstripe did immediately catch my eye as well among the selections, but I have also been shying away from pure linen, especially for a full suit. I reckon the stripes will disguise some wrinkling. Agree that some tropical wools would be nice.


Edited by professorclee - 1/30/16 at 12:08pm
post #11662 of 13736



Napoli jacket. Trousers are at the tailor right now being hemmed. I went TTS, despite the recommendation for sizing down. I think the fit is OK, nothing is jumping out at me yet, I was afraid the shoulders would be too large given the measurements on the site, but what does a few more sets of eyes hurt. This is a 36S, I typically wear a 36S in other brands as well. It is a little fuller in the chest and shoulders than I'm used to, but I can't tell if it's too large or if my other suits are just too small facepalm.gif My suspicion is that if I went down to a 34, the jacket would be too tight.

(a MTM jacket for comparison... ignoring the fact that it is clearly too short...)
post #11663 of 13736
I think the Napoli looks great actually! I do not think the chest is too full (from the pictures you provided, at least!).
post #11664 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorclee View Post

The Havana pinstripe did immediately catch my eye as well among the selections, but I have also been shying away from pure linen, especially for a full suit. I reckon the stripes will disguise some wrinkling. Agree that some tropical wools would be nice.

I try to avoid linens also because of the wrinkling. Does this is collection have more linen items than previous s/s collections?
post #11665 of 13736

Kimistry, all my summer stuff from them last year was linen, so I think they have always been linen-heavy for the summer. I only started with them last year though.

post #11666 of 13736
Lots of linen and linen blends (almost entirely, it seems!). The Havana pinstripe does look like a winner but the pure linen fabric is a deal breaker. I'd love a 3-piece pinstripe suit in blue though.
post #11667 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorclee View Post

Kimistry, all my summer stuff from them last year was linen, so I think they have always been linen-heavy for the summer. I only started with them last year though.

What is your experience with their linens? Would you say they tend to wrinkle less than might be expected?
post #11668 of 13736
Wow, my wallet is ready http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/havana-blue-plain/P4865I.html?cgid=Suits&prefn1=collection&prefv1=Spring%2fSummer

Seems like the perfect shade of navy and it looks like summer wool with subtle texture
post #11669 of 13736
I counted at least 4 suits and 4-5 jackets I want. Seems like I need to re-prioritize my next 3-4 months' purchases
Edited by pomor - 1/30/16 at 3:00pm
post #11670 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post

The three-piece striped Havana is almost perfect. I love the way it looks but I don't feel the need for patch pockets on a pinstripe suit, nor am I in need of a pure linen suit. If it had a nice amount of wool mixed into it I'd probably purchase it, the patch pockets are not a deal-breaker IMO, just kinda unecessary.

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suits/havana-blue-stripe/P4849.html

Everything else looks great but I'm disappointed in the lack of wool, though this is probably because I live in England.

So, yeah -- I would totally be getting it this year except I got a similar style one last summer but all cotton instead of linen. Must. Not. Look. Again...
Edited by pomor - 1/30/16 at 2:59pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC