Do not buy the SS tux if you are short. I ordered a 38 short and it fit like a tent, probably the biggest 38 ive ever tried on. It's a drop 4 (says it on the pants) which is really weird.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Last edited: 7/9/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 78
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1157 of 976911/30/12 at 9:04ampost #1158 of 976911/30/12 at 9:28ampost #1159 of 976911/30/12 at 10:00ampost #1160 of 976911/30/12 at 10:08ampost #1161 of 976911/30/12 at 10:35ampost #1162 of 976911/30/12 at 10:41ampost #1163 of 976912/1/12 at 12:49pmpost #1164 of 976912/2/12 at 7:42am
Why is that? Do short people in Europe tend to be fat or something? It's just strang that the starting short size would run so big. Anyways, its too bad because I love their suits but because of the working buttonholes, buying a regular size would be impossiple for me.post #1165 of 976912/2/12 at 10:02amQuote:I am not very tall (172cm) and have the same problem as you, I have a 38 short (24) suit on its way to me right now, but I am afraid that it will be too big. However, with alterations it might work. A 38 regular would fit me perfect, problem is that the sleeves would be too long and as you said, the working buttonholes makes it "impossible" to alter the sleeves lenght as much as wanted.Originally Posted by ferragamo2012
Why is that? Do short people in Europe tend to be fat or something? It's just strang that the starting short size would run so big. Anyways, its too bad because I love their suits but because of the working buttonholes, buying a regular size would be impossiple for me.
So if it's way to big, then I'm going to swap it for a 36 and just take it out in the sides and trouser waist.post #1166 of 976912/2/12 at 10:11ampost #1167 of 976912/2/12 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Rankiz
I am not very tall (172cm) and have the same problem as you, I have a 38 short (24) suit on its way to me right now, but I am afraid that it will be too big. However, with alterations it might work. A 38 regular would fit me perfect, problem is that the sleeves would be too long and as you said, the working buttonholes makes it "impossible" to alter the sleeves lenght as much as wanted.
So if it's way to big, then I'm going to swap it for a 36 and just take it out in the sides and trouser waist.
Hopefully the one you bought is cut differently. The one I tried had 34 in pants! I considered trying a 36 but the sleeves are an inch longer than the 38 short and on the 38 i had to remove about as much as you could get away with without having to shorten at the shoulder. I'm 5'6, 31 in waist, 38in chest.post #1168 of 976912/4/12 at 9:21pmpost #1169 of 976912/4/12 at 9:57pm
- Suitsupply NYC
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › GAY? 6 minutes ago
- › BNWT Naked & Famous Weird Guy Size 30 Green 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...