Do not buy the SS tux if you are short. I ordered a 38 short and it fit like a tent, probably the biggest 38 ive ever tried on. It's a drop 4 (says it on the pants) which is really weird.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 2/27/15 at 6:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 3/3/15 at 3:25pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Suitsupply NYC - Page 78
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1157 of 940411/30/12 at 9:04ampost #1158 of 940411/30/12 at 9:28ampost #1159 of 940411/30/12 at 10:00ampost #1160 of 940411/30/12 at 10:08ampost #1161 of 940411/30/12 at 10:35ampost #1162 of 940411/30/12 at 10:41ampost #1163 of 940412/1/12 at 12:49pmpost #1164 of 940412/2/12 at 7:42am
Why is that? Do short people in Europe tend to be fat or something? It's just strang that the starting short size would run so big. Anyways, its too bad because I love their suits but because of the working buttonholes, buying a regular size would be impossiple for me.post #1165 of 940412/2/12 at 10:02amQuote:I am not very tall (172cm) and have the same problem as you, I have a 38 short (24) suit on its way to me right now, but I am afraid that it will be too big. However, with alterations it might work. A 38 regular would fit me perfect, problem is that the sleeves would be too long and as you said, the working buttonholes makes it "impossible" to alter the sleeves lenght as much as wanted.Originally Posted by ferragamo2012
Why is that? Do short people in Europe tend to be fat or something? It's just strang that the starting short size would run so big. Anyways, its too bad because I love their suits but because of the working buttonholes, buying a regular size would be impossiple for me.
So if it's way to big, then I'm going to swap it for a 36 and just take it out in the sides and trouser waist.post #1166 of 940412/2/12 at 10:11ampost #1167 of 940412/2/12 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Rankiz
I am not very tall (172cm) and have the same problem as you, I have a 38 short (24) suit on its way to me right now, but I am afraid that it will be too big. However, with alterations it might work. A 38 regular would fit me perfect, problem is that the sleeves would be too long and as you said, the working buttonholes makes it "impossible" to alter the sleeves lenght as much as wanted.
So if it's way to big, then I'm going to swap it for a 36 and just take it out in the sides and trouser waist.
Hopefully the one you bought is cut differently. The one I tried had 34 in pants! I considered trying a 36 but the sleeves are an inch longer than the 38 short and on the 38 i had to remove about as much as you could get away with without having to shorten at the shoulder. I'm 5'6, 31 in waist, 38in chest.post #1168 of 940412/4/12 at 9:21pmpost #1169 of 940412/4/12 at 9:57pm
- Suitsupply NYC
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 16 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 31 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 1 minute ago
- › La camicia con l'anima - Mary Frittolini bespoke shirts 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 10th of July: DTO Claghorn 4 minutes ago
- › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...