Do not buy the SS tux if you are short. I ordered a 38 short and it fit like a tent, probably the biggest 38 ive ever tried on. It's a drop 4 (says it on the pants) which is really weird.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/21/16 at 7:51am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Suitsupply NYC - Page 78post #1157 of 1340311/30/12 at 9:04ampost #1158 of 1340311/30/12 at 9:28ampost #1159 of 1340311/30/12 at 10:00ampost #1160 of 1340311/30/12 at 10:08ampost #1161 of 1340311/30/12 at 10:35ampost #1162 of 1340311/30/12 at 10:41ampost #1163 of 1340312/1/12 at 12:49pmpost #1164 of 1340312/2/12 at 7:42am
Why is that? Do short people in Europe tend to be fat or something? It's just strang that the starting short size would run so big. Anyways, its too bad because I love their suits but because of the working buttonholes, buying a regular size would be impossiple for me.post #1165 of 1340312/2/12 at 10:02amQuote:I am not very tall (172cm) and have the same problem as you, I have a 38 short (24) suit on its way to me right now, but I am afraid that it will be too big. However, with alterations it might work. A 38 regular would fit me perfect, problem is that the sleeves would be too long and as you said, the working buttonholes makes it "impossible" to alter the sleeves lenght as much as wanted.Originally Posted by ferragamo2012
Why is that? Do short people in Europe tend to be fat or something? It's just strang that the starting short size would run so big. Anyways, its too bad because I love their suits but because of the working buttonholes, buying a regular size would be impossiple for me.
So if it's way to big, then I'm going to swap it for a 36 and just take it out in the sides and trouser waist.post #1166 of 1340312/2/12 at 10:11ampost #1167 of 1340312/2/12 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Rankiz
I am not very tall (172cm) and have the same problem as you, I have a 38 short (24) suit on its way to me right now, but I am afraid that it will be too big. However, with alterations it might work. A 38 regular would fit me perfect, problem is that the sleeves would be too long and as you said, the working buttonholes makes it "impossible" to alter the sleeves lenght as much as wanted.
So if it's way to big, then I'm going to swap it for a 36 and just take it out in the sides and trouser waist.
Hopefully the one you bought is cut differently. The one I tried had 34 in pants! I considered trying a 36 but the sleeves are an inch longer than the 38 short and on the 38 i had to remove about as much as you could get away with without having to shorten at the shoulder. I'm 5'6, 31 in waist, 38in chest.post #1168 of 1340312/4/12 at 9:21pmpost #1169 of 1340312/4/12 at 9:57pmpost #1170 of 1340312/5/12 at 4:58pm
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 12 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 16 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 18 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Bally Shoes and how people feel about them 35 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 49 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 51 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...