Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/26/16 at 4:24am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 748post #11207 of 141331/3/16 at 4:20pmpost #11208 of 141331/3/16 at 4:26pmQuote:
I had a similar experience. I went in to take a look around, I was given a 32r to try on in a suit. I couldn't get close to buttoning the jacket.post #11209 of 141331/3/16 at 5:03pmpost #11210 of 141331/3/16 at 5:10pmQuote:
I bought a wool cashmere one and it hasn't been cold enough to justify wearing it until probably tomorrow. I'll let you know, but as an aside I do well in the cold so I might not be the best representation.post #11211 of 141331/3/16 at 6:21pmpost #11212 of 141331/3/16 at 6:22pmQuote:
@OmniscientCause: many thanks and please do. Would be keen to also hear from others on wool or wool/cashmere coats.post #11213 of 141331/3/16 at 6:34pmQuote:http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/coats/blue-double-breasted-coat/J417I.html?cgid=Coats
That's the one I own. It's fairly warm, but definitely not heavy/blizzard-worthy. Today it was 28 degrees at one point, and I was wearing that overcoat, a blazer, and a scarf. I felt warm, but I was thankful for the blazer and scarf. Sans blazer, I'd want a rollneck/heavier turtleneck or sweater.post #11214 of 141331/3/16 at 6:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by oxfordsandties
I would definitely try the suit on before you buy it. The eu and us measurements are the same. I have bought suits from the Amsterdam and DC store (napoli and lazio fits) they both fit the same measurement wise. It is really unsettling that they mark the suits up so high for us in the US compared to EU countries.
I have tried this one on in store and the fit was good, I just wanted to make sure there weren't huge variations between suits that were marked the same size.post #11215 of 141331/3/16 at 7:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by CaptainTohm
That's the one I own. It's fairly warm, but definitely not heavy/blizzard-worthy. Today it was 28 degrees at one point, and I was wearing that overcoat, a blazer, and a scarf. I felt warm, but I was thankful for the blazer and scarf. Sans blazer, I'd want a rollneck/heavier turtleneck or sweater.
This is the one I bought for reference when I check back in tomorrow
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/coats/blue-double-breasted-coat/J411I.html?cgid=Coatspost #11216 of 141331/4/16 at 12:01amQuote:
I own a DB wool/cashmere overcoat from FW13 and while it is very warm indeed I definitely think you need to layer up - either with heavy knitwear or a suit/blazer - to be warm enough at below freezing.
For reference, I wear it often between 0-10°C with a lightweight wool or cashmere knit underneath and a scarf.post #11217 of 141331/4/16 at 12:13ampost #11218 of 141331/4/16 at 2:32am
I bought it in November. What would you like to know ?
It sold out fast in Europe.
Interestingly enough, I found almost 99.99% similar coat at Nodus and Hackett for at least twice the SS pricepoint... Well they did have fur around the cap.post #11219 of 141331/4/16 at 2:53ampost #11220 of 141331/4/16 at 3:08am
hi all, I'm looking at the Washington half-lined grey plain. Does anyone have experience with this suit? Will it be too warm for summer? Thanks!
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Official Sales Alert thread 56 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › PAUL STUART GunCheck Blazer 44L 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...