Quick question for you guys living in -and ordering from- the US, where does your mechandise come from? Within the US or from Europe? Do you have to pay Custom taxes if the clothes come from Europe?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/26/16 at 4:24am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 738post #11057 of 1465112/19/15 at 8:36amQuote:
Seacaucus, New Jersey, US 95% of the time. rarely something will come from the Netherlands. We only pay state sales tax, if the state we live in has a physical store front.post #11058 of 1465112/19/15 at 10:48amQuote:
Thank you for answering! :)
We have to pay taxes for everything coming from the US, sometimes whatever we buy could end up costing us an extra 40% more...post #11059 of 1465112/19/15 at 11:41amQuote:
Our suitsupply purchases cost about 25% more than they would in euros after accounting for exchange rates. I'm sure that is due to VAT and suitsupply passing the tariffs on to us.post #11060 of 1465112/19/15 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by nttdocomo
Which particular shirts would you recommend from their massive selection? I have a tab of their site open almost all the time, and am just after two shirts, but find it hard to know which to take a punt with at first!
If this is the wrong thread, please PM me or redirect me!
There's actually a Kamakura thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/333221/kamakura-shirts-madison-ave-store/1350#post_8236874
They do have a large selection - although they run out of certain sizes, which is why the keep adding new fabrics. They keep them all on the site until sold out of all sizes. Make sure to use the zoom tool, because sometimes the solids are actually dobby/textured fabrics.post #11061 of 1465112/20/15 at 4:43ampost #11062 of 1465112/20/15 at 4:52amQuote:
They have different cuts each will have different chest measurements. Some are more generous while others are very slim fitting, though in general Suit Supply will fit on the slimmer side. I wear a 42R but had to get a 44L in a Havana jacket and it is the slimmest fitting jacket I own.post #11063 of 1465112/20/15 at 4:54amQuote:Originally Posted by colco
They have different cuts each will have different chest measurements. Some are more generous while others are very slim fitting, though in general Suit Supply will fit on the slimmer side. I wear a 42R but had to get a 44L in a Havana jacket and it is the slimmest fitting jacket I own.
Thanks mate. If I get a 42R for Washington and Lazio, it's fine? Or should I size up to a 44?post #11064 of 1465112/20/15 at 4:57amQuote:
Don't own them and havn't tried them on, can't advise you. I can't imagine sizing up that much if your chest measurement is 37" though. You should probably try and make a trip to a B&T Suit Supply store for yoru first purchases.post #11065 of 1465112/20/15 at 5:03amQuote:
Not an option as I live outside all SS stores/countries.
Thanks though.post #11066 of 1465112/20/15 at 6:17ampost #11067 of 1465112/20/15 at 7:36amQuote:
If you have a 37 inch chest, in guessing you'd wear a size 36 (46 it). I have a 41 inch chest and wear a 40. I also have a relatively small waist. Pay no attention to size advisor. Get a 36 and 38 and return the one that doesn't fit. Is there not a store in your city?post #11068 of 1465112/20/15 at 12:06pmpost #11069 of 1465112/20/15 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Chulillo
@Suntory you can just get two sizes and then return the one that doesn't fit you right. Everytime I have chat with the online help from SuSu they always encourage me to do that so it is part of their policy.
The import tax would cost too much! :(Quote:Originally Posted by fieldofdreams
If you have a 37 inch chest, in guessing you'd wear a size 36 (46 it). I have a 41 inch chest and wear a 40. I also have a relatively small waist. Pay no attention to size advisor. Get a 36 and 38 and return the one that doesn't fit. Is there not a store in your city?
No, I live in NZ :(
But wouldn't a size 36 chest be around 42 for SS sizes?post #11070 of 1465112/20/15 at 1:34pm
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Nespresso Club 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › 250 NWT Ermenegildo Zegna + Canali Suits 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 19 minutes ago
- › BNWT $5000 Ralph Lauren/Purple Label Made in Italy Lambskin-Leather... 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 29 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...