or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 738

post #11056 of 13736

Quick question for you guys living in -and ordering from- the US, where does your mechandise come from? Within the US or from Europe? Do you have to pay Custom taxes if the clothes come from Europe? 

post #11057 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post

Quick question for you guys living in -and ordering from- the US, where does your mechandise come from? Within the US or from Europe? Do you have to pay Custom taxes if the clothes come from Europe? 

Seacaucus, New Jersey, US 95% of the time. rarely something will come from the Netherlands. We only pay state sales tax, if the state we live in has a physical store front.
post #11058 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post


Seacaucus, New Jersey, US 95% of the time. rarely something will come from the Netherlands. We only pay state sales tax, if the state we live in has a physical store front.

Thank you for answering! :)

 

We have to pay taxes for everything coming from the US, sometimes whatever we buy could end up costing us an extra 40% more... 

post #11059 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post

Thank you for answering! smile.gif

We have to pay taxes for everything coming from the US, sometimes whatever we buy could end up costing us an extra 40% more... 

Our suitsupply purchases cost about 25% more than they would in euros after accounting for exchange rates. I'm sure that is due to VAT and suitsupply passing the tariffs on to us.
post #11060 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by nttdocomo View Post

Which particular shirts would you recommend from their massive selection? I have a tab of their site open almost all the time, and am just after two shirts, but find it hard to know which to take a punt with at first! smile.gif

If this is the wrong thread, please PM me or redirect me!

There's actually a Kamakura thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/333221/kamakura-shirts-madison-ave-store/1350#post_8236874

They do have a large selection - although they run out of certain sizes, which is why the keep adding new fabrics. They keep them all on the site until sold out of all sizes. Make sure to use the zoom tool, because sometimes the solids are actually dobby/textured fabrics.
post #11061 of 13736

So let me get this straight, I'm measured as a 37 inch chest (wearing 34-36R OTR suits from UK) but I should buy a size 42 suit from SS due to the size conversion?

post #11062 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post
 

So let me get this straight, I'm measured as a 37 inch chest (wearing 34-36R OTR suits from UK) but I should buy a size 42 suit from SS due to the size conversion?

They have different cuts each will have different chest measurements.  Some are more generous while others are very slim fitting, though in general Suit Supply will fit on the slimmer side.  I wear a 42R but had to get a 44L in a Havana jacket and it is the slimmest fitting jacket I own.

post #11063 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by colco View Post
 

They have different cuts each will have different chest measurements.  Some are more generous while others are very slim fitting, though in general Suit Supply will fit on the slimmer side.  I wear a 42R but had to get a 44L in a Havana jacket and it is the slimmest fitting jacket I own.

Thanks mate.  If I get a 42R for Washington and Lazio, it's fine?  Or should I size up to a 44?

post #11064 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post
 

Thanks mate.  If I get a 42R for Washington and Lazio, it's fine?  Or should I size up to a 44?

Don't own them and havn't tried them on, can't advise you.  I can't imagine sizing up that much if your chest measurement is 37" though.  You should probably try and make a trip to a B&T Suit Supply store for yoru first purchases.

post #11065 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by colco View Post
 

Don't own them and havn't tried them on, can't advise you.  I can't imagine sizing up that much if your chest measurement is 37" though.  You should probably try and make a trip to a B&T Suit Supply store for yoru first purchases.

Not an option as I live outside all SS stores/countries.

Thanks though.

post #11066 of 13736

@Suntory you can just get two sizes and then return the one that doesn't fit you right. Everytime I have chat with the online help from SuSu they always encourage me to do that so it is part of their policy.

post #11067 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post

Thanks mate.  If I get a 42R for Washington and Lazio, it's fine?  Or should I size up to a 44?

If you have a 37 inch chest, in guessing you'd wear a size 36 (46 it). I have a 41 inch chest and wear a 40. I also have a relatively small waist. Pay no attention to size advisor. Get a 36 and 38 and return the one that doesn't fit. Is there not a store in your city?
post #11068 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

I ordered 5 from garliardi the other day at 10 a pop. Same exact quality. I usually just snag drakes ones off eBay for still less money then what ss sells them for.

Just got my order of these in. They are phenomenal value.
post #11069 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post
 

@Suntory you can just get two sizes and then return the one that doesn't fit you right. Everytime I have chat with the online help from SuSu they always encourage me to do that so it is part of their policy.

 

The import tax would cost too much! :( 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post


If you have a 37 inch chest, in guessing you'd wear a size 36 (46 it). I have a 41 inch chest and wear a 40. I also have a relatively small waist. Pay no attention to size advisor. Get a 36 and 38 and return the one that doesn't fit. Is there not a store in your city?

 

No, I live in NZ :(  

But wouldn't a size 36 chest be around 42 for SS sizes?

post #11070 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post

The import tax would cost too much! frown.gif 


No, I live in NZ frown.gif  
But wouldn't a size 36 chest be around 42 for SS sizes?

I'm a 37 inch chest and wear a 34 for my narrow shoulders. Depends on more then just the chest.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC