or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 732

post #10966 of 14293
Quote:
Originally Posted by brillopad View Post
 

Sorry, may have missed this but the shrinking lapel on the Lazio is new to me. Is this including f/w 2015 or just going forward?


fw 15/16.  So it's new for this season.  Makes me tempted to purchase one from previous seasons.

post #10967 of 14293
Quote:
Originally Posted by auri View Post

What size did you try on for the Lazio and Napoli? Am I right in thinking a 34R is probably what I should be ordering? 

Photos are me in 34r
post #10968 of 14293
Quote:
Originally Posted by auri View Post
 

What size did you try on for the Lazio and Napoli? Am I right in thinking a 34R is probably what I should be ordering? 


If your a 36s ludlow, you would probably wear a 36s.  I would try a couple sizes and return the one that doesn't fit.

post #10969 of 14293
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post
 


fw 15/16.  So it's new for this season.  Makes me tempted to purchase one from previous seasons.

Dang, glad I got one last season then. Not that it's just that bad or anything, would just prefer the extra cm or whatever. 

post #10970 of 14293
Quote:
Originally Posted by brillopad View Post
 

Dang, glad I got one last season then. Not that it's just that bad or anything, would just prefer the extra cm or whatever. 

 

This might force my hand to get a Lazio before all the models turn to a thinner lapel.

 

I wanted to get something a little different, like a 3-piece, but not sure when I would wear it. Let's see. Two suits (Lazio & Havana), still isn't so much money.


Edited by nttdocomo - 12/10/15 at 2:26pm
post #10971 of 14293
Does anyone know how the fit of the Brentwood and Richmond fit pants compare to the soho fit pant?
post #10972 of 14293

I just want to voice some support for narrower lapels on the Lazio to balance out the discussion a bit :P ...

 

Personally, I think an 8.5 cm (3.35") lapel is reasonable considering common tie widths, and especially for the Lazio since it's one of their slimmer cuts. The Lazio is now an option for skinny guys like myself who are mostly restricted to slimmer suits. The 9.5 cm (3.74") lapels were a deal breaker for me because they forced a 3.5"–4" tie, which looks totally comical on smaller frames.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baked Potato View Post
 

Might I ask how wide the lapels on Madison are? I'm worried that they might look too wide on a size EU 44.

This is what customer service told me when I asked them:

 

7 cm: Copenhagen

7.5 cm: Sienna, Havanna, Mercer

8 cm: Napoli

8.5 cm: Jort, La Spalla, Lazio

9 cm: Soho, Washington, Harris

9.5 cm: Hudson

11 cm: Madison

post #10973 of 14293
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveboy View Post

I just want to voice some support for narrower lapels on the Lazio to balance out the discussion a bit :P ...

Personally, I think an 8.5 cm (3.35") lapel is reasonable considering common tie widths, and especially for the Lazio since it's one of their slimmer cuts. The Lazio is now an option for skinny guys like myself who are mostly restricted to slimmer suits. The 9.5 cm (3.74") lapels were a deal breaker for me because they forced a 3.5"–4" tie, which looks totally comical on smaller frames.

This is what customer service told me when I asked them:

7 cm: Copenhagen
7.5 cm: Sienna, Havanna, Mercer
8 cm: Napoli
8.5 cm: Jort, La Spalla, Lazio
9 cm: Soho, Washington, Harris
9.5 cm: Hudson
11 cm: Madison

I wear 3 inch suitsupply ties with 4" lazio lapels. I'm wearing a Hudson with a suitsupply tie right now. I've heard people say you should match lapel and tie width exactly and I don't think that's true.
post #10974 of 14293
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveboy View Post
 

I just want to voice some support for narrower lapels on the Lazio to balance out the discussion a bit :P ...

 

Personally, I think an 8.5 cm (3.35") lapel is reasonable considering common tie widths, and especially for the Lazio since it's one of their slimmer cuts. The Lazio is now an option for skinny guys like myself who are mostly restricted to slimmer suits. The 9.5 cm (3.74") lapels were a deal breaker for me because they forced a 3.5"–4" tie, which looks totally comical on smaller frames.

 

Wearing 3.25" to 3.5" ties with wider 4" lapels is totally acceptable and is a great look. The tie and lapel size should be in the same neighborhood but let's not get crazy.

post #10975 of 14293
Quote:
Originally Posted by vriche View Post
 

Wearing 3.25" to 3.5" ties with wider 4" lapels is totally acceptable and is a great look. The tie and lapel size should be in the same neighborhood but let's not get crazy.


Yes. I  think that as long as neither tie nor lapel are "skinny" you are fine.  I even wear my suitsupply ties with the madison, which has huge lapels.

post #10976 of 14293
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post
 


Yes. I  think that as long as neither tie nor lapel are "skinny" you are fine.  I even wear my suitsupply ties with the madison, which has huge lapels.

My thought exactly. 

post #10977 of 14293

anyone get hands on with the new silk/linen blend s/s 16 sportcoats yet?  how are they?

post #10978 of 14293

@fieldofdreams @vriche: Glad that you guys think the range can be a bit bigger. I've only ever heard people say it should be +/- 0.25" between tie and lapel width, and I always thought that was a little tight. For my body though, ties above 2.75" start to look a bit too wide (or at least I don't like how they look) so I'm still in support of the 8.5 cm lapel. Yes this is a bit selfish but it's not like 8.5 cm lapels suddenly make the Lazio unworkable for everybody else.

 

Regarding the Madison, I thought the 'rule' (I really don't like calling it that) didn't/couldn't apply for very wide peak lapels? I always thought this was totally awesome and badass:

post #10979 of 14293
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveboy View Post
 

@fieldofdreams @vriche: Glad that you guys think the range can be a bit bigger. I've only ever heard people say it should be +/- 0.25" between tie and lapel width, and I always thought that was a little tight. For my body though, ties above 2.75" start to look a bit too wide (or at least I don't like how they look) so I'm still in support of the 8.5 cm lapel. Yes this is a bit selfish but it's not like 8.5 cm lapels suddenly make the Lazio unworkable for everybody else.

 

Regarding the Madison, I thought the 'rule' (I really don't like calling it that) didn't/couldn't apply for very wide peak lapels? I always thought this was totally awesome and badass:


@MrTopCat wears a 34 I believe.  He wears the Hudson and it looks great.  

post #10980 of 14293
Thoughts on this Washington? Shoulders seem a tad narrow, not sure if they are or if that's because of the extra padding compared to the lazio. Would that be something that goes away with wear or is it just not for me? (Again, my apologies for the poor picture)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC