or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 731

post #10951 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post
 

Anyone can confirm/infirm whether or not the Lazio has seen it's lapels reduced in width? 


I asked customer service via Facebook, they confirmed it.

post #10952 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post
 


I asked customer service via Facebook, they confirmed it.

 

Ah man.. that sucks.

 

Now, only Hudson and their (slowly disappearing) DB models have proper lapel width. What have they done.

post #10953 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post
 

 

Ah man.. that sucks.

 

Now, only Hudson and their (slowly disappearing) DB models have proper lapel width. What have they done.


I don't know.  What's odd is that when the skinny lapel craze was going on, they stuck with the larger lapels.  Now large lapels are more popular, and they shrink them.  I don't get it.

post #10954 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post


I don't know.  What's odd is that when the skinny lapel craze was going on, they stuck with the larger lapels.  Now large lapels are more popular, and they shrink them.  I don't get it.

frown.gif I was Saad when the Washington started to shrink. Now with the lazio going slim I'm not sure I'll still want to shop here.
post #10955 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamless View Post


frown.gif I was Saad when the Washington started to shrink. Now with the lazio going slim I'm not sure I'll still want to shop here.


Washington still has wide lapels.  It's the half-lined Washington that has always had super wide lapels.  I don't think anything has changed.

 

EDIT:  Thank god they haven't changed the Hudson, other than making the sportcoats half lined.  I actually prefer that.  

post #10956 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post


Washington still has wide lapels.  It's the half-lined Washington that has always had super wide lapels.  I don't think anything has changed.

The shape of the lapels have changed quiet a bit from the first model and they aren't as wide as the first batch. They use to have the batwing on the full Washington. Now they have a straighter lapel.
post #10957 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamless View Post


The shape of the lapels have changed quiet a bit from the first model and they aren't as wide as the first batch. They use to have the batwing on the full Washington. Now they have a straighter lapel.


You're probably right.  I only really liked peak lapels for a short time.  I'm kind of over them now.  I don't see myself buying anything with that style lapel anytime soon.  I feel like Tom Ford single handedly was responsible for their extreme popularity.  Like all fads, it could have never lasted.

post #10958 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post


You're probably right.  I only really liked peak lapels for a short time.  I'm kind of over them now.  I don't see myself buying anything with that style lapel anytime soon.  I feel like Tom Ford single handedly was responsible for their extreme popularity.  Like all fads, it could have never lasted.

I prefer peaks. I have worn them for many years now. Sadly, outside myself, Tom Ford and the Washington I never found any others I Really enjoyed.
post #10959 of 13736
I'm also 5'8" 140 pounds with a 28" waist. I need the structure and like the build up of my small 38" chest.
post #10960 of 13736

I'm hoping someone can help me out here...

 

I am looking to buy either a SS Napoli or JCrew Ludlow as a suit to have for work and also weddings etc. My question is regarding sizing. I am not near any SS brick and mortar stores so have to order offline. What size would be the best guess for the Napoli? I am 5''7 140 lbs, 30-31 waist. If I bought a Ludlow I would more or less fit into a 36S off the rack pretty perfectly. Maybe a small alteration but sleeves, shoulders etc are pretty solid for my sizing.

 

Would I order a 34R in the Napoli? Also are the Napoli lapel width and shoulders too broad and wide for someone of my size. Thanks for any help. 

post #10961 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by auri View Post

I'm hoping someone can help me out here...

I am looking to buy either a SS Napoli or JCrew Ludlow as a suit to have for work and also weddings etc. My question is regarding sizing. I am not near any SS brick and mortar stores so have to order offline. What size would be the best guess for the Napoli? I am 5''7 140 lbs, 30-31 waist. If I bought a Ludlow I would more or less fit into a 36S off the rack pretty perfectly. Maybe a small alteration but sleeves, shoulders etc are pretty solid for my sizing.

Would I order a 34R in the Napoli? Also are the Napoli lapel width and shoulders too broad and wide for someone of my size. Thanks for any help. 
I'm a similar build and height. I found the lazio which is close to the Napoli to be great. I tried the Napoli only real difference was I would have to take in the waist of the jacket. Word of advice. Jcrew suits... isn't worth the thought.
post #10962 of 13736

Might I ask how wide the lapels on Madison are? I'm worried that they might look too wide on a size EU 44.

post #10963 of 13736

I prefer larger lapels.
post #10964 of 13736

What size did you try on for the Lazio and Napoli? Am I right in thinking a 34R is probably what I should be ordering? 

post #10965 of 13736

Sorry, may have missed this but the shrinking lapel on the Lazio is new to me. Is this including f/w 2015 or just going forward?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC