Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 706

post #10576 of 14655
....
post #10577 of 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtorres94 View Post

I personally like the La Spalla more. It's a beautiful full canvassed suit and a bit more professional with flap pockets. The Hudson is nice but definitely looks more casual and seems like a suit I would wear a lot more separate. Plus the Hudson's higher button stance makes me never want to button it. Just my opinion.
Thanks - it's good enough for a decision . La Spalla it is ....
post #10578 of 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsake89 View Post

looking to buy first blazer.. which one should I get?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) I plan on lifting weights and gaining about 8 more pounds of super lean muscle.
When that happens, can these jackets be let out an inch or 2?

The 2nd one. I've head that there is an inch, maybe inch and a half, among the various seams. The Suit Supply associate guy answered something similar a few posts back (sorry don't remember his name).
Edited by CousinDonuts - 10/23/15 at 12:41pm
post #10579 of 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbro View Post
 

Also not sure if this is Australia specific, but there is now a "premium packaging" option and a small box option - I always liked the tombstone boxes I received from SuSu, now it seems like I need to pay if I don't want the suits folded during shipping :(

 

Same here in France. Well the tombstone boxes are a hassle to open and then throw away...

post #10580 of 14655
Views?

post #10581 of 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

Views?


I stated my opinion.  It went something like this "As beautiful as I think the colorful overcoat is, it's hard to picture myself being taken seriously by others while wearing it."

post #10582 of 14655
Anyone with a Sienna that normally wears a 38 find that they sized down to 36? It's my first SuSu I purchased but the shoulders seem just a tad bit big and the body is definitely pretty boxy on me. I'm thinking of ordering the La Spalla since I heard its cut a little slimmer but fits similar. I was thinking of maybe going from a 38S in the Sienna and try a 36R in La Spalla. I only ordered one suit at first just to gauge sizing. Would sizing down be a wise choice or should I try another 38S in the La Spalla?
post #10583 of 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTukker View Post

Views?

 

This looks like an outfit that would look great on a woman.

post #10584 of 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

I was holding out for the Jort line to come out. Not as strong as the S/S line IMHO. I may pick up that brown Hudson suit and wear the jacket with odd trousers on occasion with the money I'm saving from not Jort-ing out this time, it looks pretty versatile.

 

Agree. I was expecting more too. I also noticed that they completely stopped making 3-2 roll Jorts.  Since those 3-2 rolls have to be handmade (the top button is made inside out - I believe) , I suppose it got too expensive to make.  That was the Neapolitan character I loved the most on the Jorties. Looks like everything is two button now. Meh.  

post #10585 of 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy650 View Post

Anyone with a Sienna that normally wears a 38 find that they sized down to 36? It's my first SuSu I purchased but the shoulders seem just a tad bit big and the body is definitely pretty boxy on me. I'm thinking of ordering the La Spalla since I heard its cut a little slimmer but fits similar. I was thinking of maybe going from a 38S in the Sienna and try a 36R in La Spalla. I only ordered one suit at first just to gauge sizing. Would sizing down be a wise choice or should I try another 38S in the La Spalla?

I've got a Sienna and La Spalla each in a 36R, and the Sienna feels boxier - though it was a pretty easy fix at the local tailors (got the chest and waist taken in at the back), so not sure you should size down. The La Spalla defn was slimmer - I didn't need to alter it. Shoulders felt pretty similar,maybe a tad wider for the Sienna but nothing significant.
post #10586 of 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by riton View Post

Same here in France. Well the tombstone boxes are a hassle to open and then throw away...

Agree, tombstone boxes are a hassle to throw away, and personally I would rather they save some trees and use less boxes for delivery.
post #10587 of 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhtl View Post

Agree, tombstone boxes are a hassle to throw away, and personally I would rather they save some trees and use less boxes for delivery.
Agreed- massive hassle throwing them. Plus takes a lot of car space bringing them home.
post #10588 of 14655
Bump, any opinions on this fit? Should I try a different model?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs311 View Post

Sorry, I meant to say, "is Super 130s too fine for weekly wear?" I have a navy York and dark grey Napoli now, and need a 3rd suit. I tried the Sienna in store which fits great, but I didn't buy it because I was concerned about that fabric may be too delicate (the bright red lining also gave me slight pause). I am also a little skeptical of the salespeoples' opinions in the store, because I stupidly bought a Havana sportcoat that was way too small last year when I should have sized up. From now on, I'm just going to order online to try on at home and avoid the awkwardness of "should I pin that up for you".

The York in 40R fits perfectly, and I had to size up to 42R in the Napoli (6' 195ish, with an unfortunately slight belly relative to the typical suitsupply body typ. Napoli has a lot of cuts, but I'm concerned it's too big in the shoulders and its not a great fit. The seam ends at the shoulder bone, but there is like 1/2" of padding that juts out. Do the shoulders look overly big in these pictures? Sometimes I can't tell if lurking on this forum is distorting my reality and it's less nerve wracking to settle for "good enough".






post #10589 of 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs311 View Post

Bump, any opinions on this fit? Should I try a different model?

Shoulders look fine. The jacket looks a little short and buttoning position looks a little high. Try the lazio in 42 and 44. One of those might work better for you.

As far as super 130s, at once a week they should be fine. All 130s are not created equal. If the fabric feels extremely delicate it probably is. Also, I've read Birdseye fabrics can be more prone to friction, causing wear in the crotch more quickly than other fabrics. You may want to avoid a Birdseye weave.
post #10590 of 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post


Shoulders look fine. The jacket looks a little short and buttoning position looks a little high. Try the lazio in 42 and 44. One of those might work better for you.

As far as super 130s, at once a week they should be fine. All 130s are not created equal. If the fabric feels extremely delicate it probably is. Also, I've read Birdseye fabrics can be more prone to friction, causing wear in the crotch more quickly than other fabrics. You may want to avoid a Birdseye weave.

Thanks, fieldofdreams I appreciate the feedback. There was something markedly different between this and the York jacket that I couldn't quite put my finger on - maybe it was the button stance. I'll have to do some more reading up on these conventions. This Napoli purchase was slightly rushed because I needed a 2nd suit rather quickly, so I want to be a bit more measured in my next pickup. Thanks for for the heads up on the birdseye as well.

 

I'll give the Lazio a shot. Sadly, all the SS jackets I've tried have been a little too short, the Havana egregiously so to the extent that I think I'll going to sell mine. I've never really thought I would be a "Long", but maybe I should try 42L/44L as well. Plus I can use the tombstone boxes as halloween decorations. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC