Anyone know how slim the shirts are or the extra slim? Usually wear tm lewin slim fit and fit great. Would that compare to the slim or extra slim? About 175 6'3 long athletic build
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Three-piece suits: waistcoats & side-tabs Last post on 2/21/15 at 7:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Sicilian tailors Last post on 2/21/15 at 11:48pm in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE February 20, 2015 - "Dress down your suit" Last post on 2/26/15 at 5:37am in Classic Menswear
- A suit to last me 10-20 years? Last post on 2/20/15 at 3:00pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 2/21/15 at 10:48pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 71post #1051 of 824511/10/12 at 3:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1052 of 824511/10/12 at 7:41pmpost #1053 of 824511/11/12 at 10:18amQuote:
I don't know how to figure how much is available to let out, but here is a picture of an SS jacket that has not had the cuffs touched.
(I also can't get this picture right side up no matter what I try)post #1054 of 824511/11/12 at 7:58pmpost #1055 of 824511/11/12 at 8:11pmpost #1056 of 824511/11/12 at 10:42pmpost #1057 of 824511/11/12 at 11:30pmpost #1058 of 824511/11/12 at 11:58pmpost #1059 of 824511/12/12 at 1:25amGot my Washington plain blue suit last week and am extremely pleased. Had considered getting my usual 40R, but having read that the Washington was rather slim, decided to get a 42R.
Customer service was outstanding. 42R was not available online, however I was told to simply order in a different size, and forward the request to change to customer service. My suit arrived in 6 days (Australia), and included a large suit-shaped box, with a return sticker inside for UPS shipping back to the Netherlands should I not be pleased.
I've essentially purchased all my clothing online since about 2003-2004, and this is easily one of, if not the best customer service I've come across.
As for as the quality of the suit goes, I'm probably not the right person to ask, as I don't own anything high end. Having said that, I'm not really sure what I would be willing to pay a lot more for. The fabric seems of high quality, and has a lovely hand, the cut is spot on (trousers need hemming, possibly slight tapering), and when compared to my previous Hugo Boss and Calvin Klein suits, SS seems to be several leagues higher.
Anyway, I think my point is made, but I am very close to buying another suit and the tuxedo - this from someone who might need to wear suit a few times each year - simply because I'm so pleased with the product and the service.post #1060 of 824511/12/12 at 1:47ampost #1061 of 824511/12/12 at 6:30ampost #1062 of 824511/12/12 at 7:47ampost #1063 of 824511/12/12 at 9:22ampost #1064 of 824511/12/12 at 4:24pmpost #1065 of 824511/12/12 at 6:01pm
Yes..It does look a bit odd but you get used to it. It's not perfect per say but you could always add another buttonhole. My tailor however didn't want to add a buttonhole as he said he did not have the machine to make the new button identical to the old.
- Suitsupply NYC
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › joy=UFC 184 Zingano vs. Rousey Live 1 minute ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 1 minute ago
- › hot=UFC 184 Rousey vs. Zingano Live 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › live=UFC 184 Zingano vs. Rousey Live 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...