or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 690

post #10336 of 13742
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post
 

I am quite sad about the lack of DB releases for F/W 2015-16. I hope there is more coming. Why would SS drop their DB lines?

 

Someone on this forum said they were talking to a sales associate about the downfall of the Soho fit, and the sales associate said that their double breasted suits/jackets generally don't get many sales in the UK/EU, not sure about the US.

 

I don't actually see many people wear double breasted suits or jackets around here in London, 99% of the suits/jackets are single breasted.

 

I asked if there were any DB suits coming soon on the online chat and they said their next batch of suits should be coming mid-October, so we'll have to see what they come out with then. I don't think they are finished with DB suits just yet though, since there is a pinstripe Madison fit on the Suitsupply Spring/Summer 2016 shoot (Totally getting that).

post #10337 of 13742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post


Thanks a lot! Really handsome suit. Goes surprisingly well with the black shoes too. Have you end up buying it?


Thanks for letting me know. I did plan on purchasing it as a casual suit and possibly split&mix it with gray trousers later .. 


Wish I have a SS store somewhere near so I could try it on without ordering it first.

It's a great suit and perfect for winter. I work in IB and I don't get any issues. In fact I get many compliments!

It's in rotation at the moment for Winter. Very thick and warm.

SS offer free returns. You could always buy the suit and then return it if it isn't suitable.
post #10338 of 13742
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
 

 

Someone on this forum said they were talking to a sales associate about the downfall of the Soho fit, and the sales associate said that their double breasted suits/jackets generally don't get many sales in the UK/EU, not sure about the US.

 

I don't actually see many people wear double breasted suits or jackets around here in London, 99% of the suits/jackets are single breasted.

 

I asked if there were any DB suits coming soon on the online chat and they said their next batch of suits should be coming mid-October, so we'll have to see what they come out with then. I don't think they are finished with DB suits just yet though, since there is a pinstripe Madison fit on the Suitsupply Spring/Summer 2016 shoot (Totally getting that).


The SA told me there is a gray DB suit arriving in the "upcoming months" .. I just wish they make more of the Soho, it has much better proportions than Madison, IMO.

Could you please provide us a link of the SS SS '16 shoot?

post #10339 of 13742
Not dat hard to shorten the coat. I think it's about €20-30.

I got a coat in the same model and made it shorten myself. So a tailor could do this easaly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidanc View Post

I just received 2 coats from suit supply, and am debating between the two. I got their standard charcoal single breasted wool coat, and the double breasted in navy wool/cashmere. I much prefer the feel of the double-breasted coat, however I find that it is quite long. 

Any estimates on how much it would cost to have it shortened? It would only be an inch or 2 to maintain proportions. The pleat at the back will likely complicate things and i"m not sure if it would be worth it. 
post #10340 of 13742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satmoche View Post



Hi, I am looking to buy a suit from Suit Supply - my first one. I saw this one and I like it because it looks nice and it would also be easy to wear it with another pair of trousers. But I am slightly dubious about the check and colour, any thoughts ? Has anyone bought that one yet ?


Definitely an FU pattern. If you're into that sort of thing then it could be cool, especially around holidays. Curious, do you have many occasions to wear such a loud piece?
post #10341 of 13742
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
 

 

Someone on this forum said they were talking to a sales associate about the downfall of the Soho fit, and the sales associate said that their double breasted suits/jackets generally don't get many sales in the UK/EU, not sure about the US.

 

I don't actually see many people wear double breasted suits or jackets around here in London, 99% of the suits/jackets are single breasted.

 

I asked if there were any DB suits coming soon on the online chat and they said their next batch of suits should be coming mid-October, so we'll have to see what they come out with then. I don't think they are finished with DB suits just yet though, since there is a pinstripe Madison fit on the Suitsupply Spring/Summer 2016 shoot (Totally getting that).

I totally get that... 

 

Over here people who wear DB suits or jackets are, most of the time, men so "affected" and so pitti-inspired or however you would define that way of dressing that I think that puts off a lot of the regular folks that want/need to buy a suit/jacket. You end up associating that type of jacket/suit to that certaing type of man and you really don't want to look like that so you end up not buying. 

At least that has happened to quite a few guys I know. I have two DB single jackets and I love them but I can see people really staring at me when I wear them... sometimes makes me feel a little uncomfortable. 

post #10342 of 13742
I would try a DB from SuSu if my local shop had any to try on. I went in a few weeks ago and they only had one Madison (I think it was a Madison). Going TTS (42R) was ridiculously large on my frame. 40R was just a hair too snug to not look "affected"^
post #10343 of 13742

What's everyone's thoughts on a pure cashmere sportcoat in general? Is it too delicate? Too Formal? Too awesome?

 

I fell in love with the Havana Navy Cashmere, and I have a Navy Blazer from SanD that is mis-sized, been looking for an excuse for a new navy blazer (and camel, and wool hemp...)

 

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jackets/havana-navy-plain/C905I.html?cgid=Jackets

 

Maybe I should grab this one instead, at a much better price point:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jackets/havana-navy-plain/C847I.html?cgid=Jackets

 

I think it is pretty odd that a pure wool navy havana is $100 less than a wool/cotton blend?

post #10344 of 13742

Just purchased the following two ties. Looking forward to pairing them up soon with a new Lazio. Will upload photos when I've tried them on.

 

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_CA/tiessub/bordeaux-tie/D152014.html

 

and

 

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_CA/ties/brown-7-fold-tie/D152159.html?cgid=Ties

post #10345 of 13742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 


The SA told me there is a gray DB suit arriving in the "upcoming months" .. I just wish they make more of the Soho, it has much better proportions than Madison, IMO.

Could you please provide us a link of the SS SS '16 shoot?

 

I prefer the Soho too, though the Madison is still good enough for me. Lapels are a little wider than I'd like but it's not a deal breaker.

 

Here's Spring/Summer 2016:

 

http://shawnpunch.photoshelter.com/gallery/Suit-Supply-Spring-Summer-2016/G0000_3EA_hWNxWg/C0000d0qktxEWJqU

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post
 

I totally get that... 

 

Over here people who wear DB suits or jackets are, most of the time, men so "affected" and so pitti-inspired or however you would define that way of dressing that I think that puts off a lot of the regular folks that want/need to buy a suit/jacket. You end up associating that type of jacket/suit to that certaing type of man and you really don't want to look like that so you end up not buying. 

At least that has happened to quite a few guys I know. I have two DB single jackets and I love them but I can see people really staring at me when I wear them... sometimes makes me feel a little uncomfortable. 

 

I have two DB suits and when I wear them (either as a full suit or separately) people do stare a lot more than when I wear SB suits/jackets. Usually if I do talk to those that are staring they have nothing but compliments; whether that's what they're really thinking or not doesn't concern me though, I love the DB configuration far too much to let them take away from my joy. :laugh:

 

Same with DB overcoats over SB overcoats, but I think when it comes to coats it has less of an impact.

 

As for the pitti-inspired thing, that's up to your style. If you decide to over-accessorise, not wear socks with your shoes, mismatch your clothes, and grow questionable facial hair you will end up looking affected rather than having effortless style.

 

@Betelgeuse is a perfect example of someone who wears a DB quite often and knows how to style it effortlessly.

post #10346 of 13742
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
 

 

I prefer the Soho too, though the Madison is still good enough for me. Lapels are a little wider than I'd like but it's not a deal breaker.

 

Here's Spring/Summer 2016:

 

http://shawnpunch.photoshelter.com/gallery/Suit-Supply-Spring-Summer-2016/G0000_3EA_hWNxWg/C0000d0qktxEWJqU

 

I am surprised with the colour selection. With all the washed brown, pastel to dark green and almost a black double breasted it reminiscent more of a Autumn than Spring ..

I think I will stop by the SS Shop on my next visit to one of the EU cities and opt for a MTO DB blazer in colour I prefer. It's not much of a difference in price anyway and you get what you truly wish starting with lapels width to the fabric and colour choice. Waiting for the right style to appear for a 100 EUR difference is not a good idea IMO.

post #10347 of 13742
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
 

 

As for the pitti-inspired thing, that's up to your style. If you decide to over-accessorise, not wear socks with your shoes, mismatch your clothes, and grow questionable facial hair you will end up looking affected rather than having effortless style.

 

@Betelgeuse is a perfect example of someone who wears a DB quite often and knows how to style it effortlessly.


I am really not into accessorizing much when I suit up so that is not a problem for me. Look at my avatar, as simple as can be. In fact, people stare too much and that is  what makes me uncomfortable... and most of the times are "good" stares but I just don't like people looking at me too much. I prefer people going about their business and leaving the rest of us alone hahaha I dress for myself and not for anybody else... I guess I don't like to attrach too much attention... although I have to say I do, even if that makes me sound like a douche.

 

Anyways, my point was that people mostly see DB jackets or suits in magazines like GQ, or blogs or some tumbr sites that feature very extravagant styles so a lot of people can react to not buying something that they would consider to attrach too much attention. 

post #10348 of 13742

Does anyone have a York suit? How does a York  fit compare to a Lazio fit? Is the York fit as slim as the Lazio fit or no? Thanks

post #10349 of 13742
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post


Definitely an FU pattern. If you're into that sort of thing then it could be cool, especially around holidays. Curious, do you have many occasions to wear such a loud piece?


Not really, I just thought that it would be easy to wear them as separates as they appeared versatile.

I will probably stick to more classic things before attempting any bold move.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

post #10350 of 13742
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr1988 View Post

Does anyone have a York suit? How does a York  fit compare to a Lazio fit? Is the York fit as slim as the Lazio fit or no? Thanks

No, I had an SA talk me out of a York - EVEN THOUGH I LIKED IT - saying it was only intended for the "portliest" of clients. It's more generous than the Napoli.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC