or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 689

post #10321 of 13747
In addition to the above: I find that the overcoats in L size are in harmony with the rest of their product portfolio. When you wear L sized SS shirt the sleeves will extend beyond their L size overcoats. Don't know if this also is valid with regular sizes, but at least for the L sizes I don't see how anyone could wear a SS shirt and overcoat at the same time. Their sizing seems off for me at least.
post #10322 of 13747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swell View Post

In addition to the above: I find that the overcoats in L size are in harmony with the rest of their product portfolio. When you wear L sized SS shirt the sleeves will extend beyond their L size overcoats. Don't know if this also is valid with regular sizes, but at least for the L sizes I don't see how anyone could wear a SS shirt and overcoat at the same time. Their sizing seems off for me at least.

Edit: of course I meant to say NOT in harmony...
post #10323 of 13747
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

Hmmm your brother and I are the same height. Can you elaborate on "too long for his height"? Do you mean the sleeves were too long for him or the actual length of the coat was too long? I'm asking because the SS coat I want only has 38L left in stock. I have naturally longer than average arms and I also here the 38R is too short arm-length wise. Thanks

Arms were fine but it was the actual length of the coat that I found disproportionate. I don't remember the model, I'm afraid.

Depending on the model I suppose it might be OK. Their return possible is excellent so just try it out.
post #10324 of 13747

Hi, I am looking to buy a suit from Suit Supply - my first one. I saw this one and I like it because it looks nice and it would also be easy to wear it with another pair of trousers. But I am slightly dubious about the check and colour, any thoughts ? Has anyone bought that one yet ?

post #10325 of 13747

That's quite bold pattern. 

post #10326 of 13747
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this Hudson and the blue check Wash, but I'm hoping the blue specks aren't obnoxious IRL


I really wanted a brown check jacket, but the one left in my size is dark brown with bright blue lines. Yikes.
post #10327 of 13747

It's a long shot, but does anyone have a photo in the wild of this one? Still not certain if I should order it. It's a cool Autumn colour, it's just those massive Madison lapels could be a deal breaker .. 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/madison-brown-check/P3944.html?vpid=P394405


 

post #10328 of 13747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satmoche View Post



Hi, I am looking to buy a suit from Suit Supply - my first one. I saw this one and I like it because it looks nice and it would also be easy to wear it with another pair of trousers. But I am slightly dubious about the check and colour, any thoughts ? Has anyone bought that one yet ?

I think it looks ridiculous. Is it your first suit or first suitsupply suit? If it's your first suit you'd be better off getting a solid navy. If you have other suits and like this one, why not. I don't like it fwiw.
post #10329 of 13747

I just received 2 coats from suit supply, and am debating between the two. I got their standard charcoal single breasted wool coat, and the double breasted in navy wool/cashmere. I much prefer the feel of the double-breasted coat, however I find that it is quite long. 

 

Any estimates on how much it would cost to have it shortened? It would only be an inch or 2 to maintain proportions. The pleat at the back will likely complicate things and i"m not sure if it would be worth it. 

post #10330 of 13747

I am quite sad about the lack of DB releases for F/W 2015-16. I hope there is more coming. Why would SS drop their DB lines?

post #10331 of 13747
Anyone used the courier pickup for a return? Do you actually have to be present or can you leave it in a building lobby and they'll find a way in just like UPS/Fed-Ex does? Effectively, is the courier UPS itself or some third-party service?

I'll probably call their customer service anyway but figured one of you might have been in this situation.
post #10332 of 13747

Took delivery of my Blue Waistcoat yesterday and I'm wearing it today.


Really pleased with the quality - it doesn't feel inferior at all, you wouldn't even know it was a Polyamide mix (20% Polyamide). The baby Alpaca is very very soft and I will definitely be keeping the piece. The blue is a little more subtle than it looks on the website.

 

Wish they'd kept the price at £89 though. £129 is very pricey for a waistcoat.

post #10333 of 13747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

It's a long shot, but does anyone have a photo in the wild of this one? Still not certain if I should order it. It's a cool Autumn colour, it's just those massive Madison lapels could be a deal breaker .. 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/madison-brown-check/P3944.html?vpid=P394405


 

 

post #10334 of 13747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

It's a long shot, but does anyone have a photo in the wild of this one? Still not certain if I should order it. It's a cool Autumn colour, it's just those massive Madison lapels could be a deal breaker .. 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/madison-brown-check/P3944.html?vpid=P394405


 

 

I don't have a photo of it but tried it out in the store. Really liked it but the fabric is even more casual than on the website.

post #10335 of 13747
Quote:
Originally Posted by rye225 View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 


Thanks a lot! Really handsome suit. Goes surprisingly well with the black shoes too. Have you end up buying it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUtroll View Post
 

 

I don't have a photo of it but tried it out in the store. Really liked it but the fabric is even more casual than on the website.


Thanks for letting me know. I did plan on purchasing it as a casual suit and possibly split&mix it with gray trousers later .. 

Wish I have a SS store somewhere near so I could try it on without ordering it first.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC