or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 686

post #10276 of 13736

This is probably a naive question, but searching (both on the forum and on Google) didn't lead me to the answer. Which are the slimmer cuts among SuitSupply's suits (compared to Napoli which is the only fit I've tried -- not slim at all)? Google just told me Sienna, Lazio and Washington are slimmer cuts, but no conclusive answer on which is the slimmest.

 

If anyone can arrange the slimmer cuts in the order of slimmest to Napoli, I would hugely appreciate it. I'm 5' 7", 140 lb, and the J Crew Ludlow 34/S suits me best. I don't live near a SuitSupply store, and I would rather buy two of the slimmest cuts first to wear and see rather than buying a bunch and returning them.

 

Thanks!

post #10277 of 13736

I've think the range is (from slimmest to conservative): the Copenhagen, then Havana/Hudson/Washington and Washington Half, then Lazio, and on the larger end of the spectrum, you have the Napoli and then the York!

 

Someone please confirm!

post #10278 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

This is probably a naive question, but searching (both on the forum and on Google) didn't lead me to the answer. Which are the slimmer cuts among SuitSupply's suits (compared to Napoli which is the only fit I've tried -- not slim at all)? Google just told me Sienna, Lazio and Washington are slimmer cuts, but no conclusive answer on which is the slimmest.

If anyone can arrange the slimmer cuts in the order of slimmest to Napoli, I would hugely appreciate it. I'm 5' 7", 140 lb, and the J Crew Ludlow 34/S suits me best. I don't live near a SuitSupply store, and I would rather buy two of the slimmest cuts first to wear and see rather than buying a bunch and returning them.

Thanks!

Napoli
Sienna
Hudson
Lazio
Havana
Washington
Copenhagen

Hudson lazio and Havana are all pretty equally slim. Washington slimmer.

This is in my experience.
post #10279 of 13736
Washington is definitely the slimmest. It's a very distinctive cut but it doesn't work on everyone.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #10280 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by theplayerking View Post

Washington is definitely the slimmest. It's a very distinctive cut but it doesn't work on everyone.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


The Copenhagen is actually slimmer.

post #10281 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldofdreams View Post


The Copenhagen is actually slimmer.
Truth.
post #10282 of 13736
The Washington isn't just very slim, but it's length makes it stand out from the other fits. It's pretty much like a "semi long size". It's in the length of the jacket, sleeves as well as the height of the rise.
post #10283 of 13736

I've got 5 SuSu suits and the one button which fell off they were happy to fix in 10 minutes. Not a big deal.

post #10284 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
 

 

I don't like the direction these new items are taking Suitsupply in, and hopefully it's just a one-off thing.

 

 

The price is higher than usual, but it's written wool blend, that's don't mean that there is poly in the blend, right ? Where do you find this information ?

post #10285 of 13736

I note you are a fellow Aussie.

 

It looks like nice material on that suit. I wish you luck with the tailor.

 

I am very keen to know what and where that tie came from ... it is beautiful!

post #10286 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spandexter View Post
 

I decided to have a stab at this one, a Lazio blue flannel:

 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/lazio-blue-plain/P3967.html?cgid=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Classic-Lazio

 

Here it is in the wild (directly out of the box).

 

 

Fabric is nice, very soft. Jacket is too tight through the waist and needs to be let out. I assume there is enough material to ensure this won't be a problem? The fit of the pants is just...off. Really tight through the hips with lots of excess fabric in the crotch. They will need some work by my tailor. I wish the blue was a shade darker but that's not a show stopper.

 

Thoughts?

 

Ah. This is the tie I am referring to!

post #10287 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by bienluienapris View Post
 

The price is higher than usual, but it's written wool blend, that's don't mean that there is poly in the blend, right ? Where do you find this information ?



From the fabric description. 

Perfectly suited for the cooler months, our wool blend waistcoats are versatile, durable and insulate superbly. Easy to maintain and resistant to deformation, they're the definitive seasonal essential. For nearly a hundred years, the Ferla fabric mill in Biella has created some of the world's finest fabrics in everything from silk and wool, to cotton, alpaca, and even bamboo! It's this unrelenting creativity that makes this northern Italian weaver one of our favorites. This blend features a small amount of polyamide without which the delicate fabric would be prone to quicker wear and tear.

post #10288 of 13736

What do you fellows think of their shirts? Are they worth the money or you have a better alternative within the price range?

post #10289 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucrat View Post
 



From the fabric description. 

Perfectly suited for the cooler months, our wool blend waistcoats are versatile, durable and insulate superbly. Easy to maintain and resistant to deformation, they're the definitive seasonal essential. For nearly a hundred years, the Ferla fabric mill in Biella has created some of the world's finest fabrics in everything from silk and wool, to cotton, alpaca, and even bamboo! It's this unrelenting creativity that makes this northern Italian weaver one of our favorites. This blend features a small amount of polyamide without which the delicate fabric would be prone to quicker wear and tear.

Thanks you, sorry i was watching the description of the Ferla blend wool of the Harris suit and there is no mention of polyamide for this suit.

post #10290 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

What do you fellows think of their shirts? Are they worth the money or you have a better alternative within the price range?

They are nice. I like Kamakura better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC