Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SuitSupply Denver Store Opening Last post on 1/24/14 at 2:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit Supply Suit -- Age Appropriate? Last post on 10/9/13 at 3:16am in Classic Menswear
- SuitSupply Shirts? Last post on 9/26/16 at 4:24am in Classic Menswear
- Critique the fit of Suit Supply Sportcoat Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:33am in Classic Menswear
- Did I spend too much at Suit Supply? Last post on 9/15/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Suitsupply NYC - Page 676post #10127 of 137369/8/15 at 12:23pmQuote:
What you have to do is take your $500 Suitsupply to Neiman Marcus and compare it to a $4000 Zegna. The difference in fabric quality is crazy. And to think, you can only get 8 Lazios for the price of a Zegna. This is ridiculous. Also, The fabric used on a La Spalla will be on par, if not better, than most of the stuff in a Nordstrom or Bloomingdales that's over twice the price.post #10128 of 137369/8/15 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Medwed
Impossible to explain something over the internet. Wear your best SS suit to the good men's store, or if you not near one swing by Sacks5th Ave, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Barney's, Luis of Boston, Mendel, whatever is available in your locale and then directly compare suits from good makers to yours. If all fails go to your nearest Ralph Lauren store and ask to see Black label suits. You will know instantly the difference in fabric quality.
When I lived in NYC, I went to these stores and felt many of both fabrics in person, but am not well-versed enough in assessing the quality of fabrics to compare them objectively. I was asking for concrete reasons of why you think SS is of inferior quality, so I can be more informed when I buy, or don't buy them. I can't wrap my mind around people here recommending items that are 3-5x the price, citing difference in quality as the reason. If I wanted to buy a $2000 suit, (or even a $1000 suit), I probably wouldn't be in the SuitSupply thread.
Quote:Originally Posted by fieldofdreams
What you have to do is take your $500 Suitsupply to Neiman Marcus and compare it to a $4000 Zegna. The difference in fabric quality is crazy. And to think, you can only get 8 Lazios for the price of a Zegna. This is ridiculous. Also, The fabric used on a La Spalla will be on par, if not better, than most of the stuff in a Nordstrom or Bloomingdales that's over twice the price.
I can't tell what point you're trying to get across here, but I think I agree with you.post #10129 of 137369/8/15 at 12:47pmpost #10130 of 137369/8/15 at 2:22pmfor those that have experience with the sienna fit .......
do you find the shoulder to be SuSu's attempt at a spalla morbida ? i'm can't say for certain whether i like the execution or not. I'm a major fan of the Jort and while i know these are nothing alike, i'm curious what those that either own or have extensively tried on, think of it. i've tried my fair share of eidos, but sadly, i'm always between sizes. thought i might experiment over here.post #10131 of 137369/8/15 at 3:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by n2pua
for those that have experience with the sienna fit .......
do you find the shoulder to be SuSu's attempt at a spalla morbida ? i'm can't say for certain whether i like the execution or not. I'm a major fan of the Jort and while i know these are nothing alike, i'm curious what those that either own or have extensively tried on, think of it. i've tried my fair share of eidos, but sadly, i'm always between sizes. thought i might experiment over here.
I get where you're coming from. I have a Sienna myself and find the spalla camicia stitching somewhat inconsistent. I suspect though that is intentional. I do like the soft shoulders though. I can't imagine going back to something more structured or padded.post #10132 of 137369/8/15 at 3:49pmQuote:
I'm interested in this question too and any general thoughts on SS wool-cashmere blend. I live in HK so am concerned it could be too warm. Looks great though!post #10133 of 137369/8/15 at 5:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by fieldofdreams
What does everyone think of the new La Spalla? It makes me wish I lived in a colder climate. The wool/cashmere blends are not ideal in Los Angeles.
I like the fabric a lot but sadly the La Spalla is out of my price range.post #10134 of 137369/8/15 at 5:55pmQuote:
I would move to the Bay Area -- still California, but 60s year round. Sometimes 70s -- never 80s and 90s like in SoCal.
I do think that you can get away with summer SuSu wool/cashmere blends in LA on a cooler day.
But you're right -- living in a more weather-diverse climate enables you to wear a variety of styles
Edited by pomor - 9/8/15 at 6:05pmpost #10135 of 137369/8/15 at 6:01pmpost #10136 of 137369/8/15 at 6:02pmpost #10137 of 137369/8/15 at 6:07pmpost #10138 of 137369/8/15 at 6:10pmpost #10139 of 137369/8/15 at 6:16pmQuote:
Where I work, in Brentwood, the average summer day is in the low 80s with low humidity. Normally I wear whatever I feel like. The problem is the weather isn't much different in the winter. So winter suits are out of the question. We don't get the unbearable heat and humidity that plagues the rest of the country during summer.post #10140 of 137369/8/15 at 8:46pm
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 12 minutes ago
- › Is ferragamo belt worth it vs a shell cordovan belt 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway