or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Interior accents--taxidermies and bonsai
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Interior accents--taxidermies and bonsai - Page 3

post #31 of 77
This thread needs more Bonsai.


Not an interior suitable specimen though. Taken from here.

If anyone is passing through the Seattle area on I-5, I recommend a quick stop in Federal Way to visit Weyerhauser's Bonsai collection.
post #32 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
This thread needs more Bonsai.


Not an interior suitable specimen though. Taken from here.

If anyone is passing through the Seattle area on I-5, I recommend a quick stop in Federal Way to visit Weyerhauser's Bonsai collection.

I was advised that Bonsai will not survive long indoors anyhow. Is this true?
post #33 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault78law View Post
I was advised that Bonsai will not survive long indoors anyhow. Is this true?
Yes and no. There are many tropical varieties (along with some pine types) that are safe to keep inside, but most will do far better outdoors as they need strong constant sunlight and a cold winter period for dormancy.

There are some good articles on wikipedia about both:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indoor_bonsai
post #34 of 77
Thread Starter 
Robin, do you have any bonsai?
post #35 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
Robin, do you have any bonsai?
No.

I move around too much, and live in apartments that would not be suitable for them. The day I settle down though, is the day I start a bonsai garden.
post #36 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault78law View Post
I was advised that Bonsai will not survive long indoors anyhow. Is this true?

Yes it`s basically true.

You keep bonsai outdoors and spend 99% of the time making it look the way you want. The other 1% of the time, you display it indoors for show.
post #37 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post
^That first one is very funny and cute.


Ah! This puts your love of "distain" in a new context. I'm now reminded of various Asian religions, and the Jesuit "indifferentia." Both of which I find legitimate, though dangerous if misunderstood and poorly practiced.
How would you define distain? What are your influences?

I wish I love the human race; I wish I loved its silly face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spertia View Post
Indeed, that piece is probably my favorite work by Cattelan. Then again, I do have a bit of a fetish for miniatures....



Quote:
Originally Posted by RJman View Post
One forum member suggested I have the RJ cat stuffed at Deyrolle.

Why not?
post #38 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
If anyone is passing through the Seattle area on I-5, I recommend a quick stop in Federal Way to visit Weyerhauser's Bonsai collection.

I never thought I would read about Federal Way on this forum -- big ups to my home town!!
post #39 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Here you go:


We had one of those in my old office. People thought it was amusing to leave in bathroom stalls or under someone's desk.
post #40 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
We had one of those in my old office. People thought it was amusing to leave in bathroom stalls or under someone's desk.

LOL. That happened with the shark heads when we dissected them...
post #41 of 77
Thread Starter 
I find good taxidermy rather charming.
post #42 of 77
Thread Starter 
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...8/ai_n12782927 My favorite aspect of taxidermy is its social inappropriateness.
post #43 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
My favorite aspect of taxidermy is its social inappropriateness.
Heh. There was a local artist (who's name I can't recall at the moment), that had his dead dog stuffed and presented in a curled up sleeping position and was later put on display in a large gallery in a glass case. I'll post it if I can find it, but there's an amusing video available of a bunch of a young children banging on the glass trying to get it wake up.
post #44 of 77
Thread Starter 
I love this:

post #45 of 77
While looking for the video, I just found this: http://blameitonthevoices.blogspot.c...-with-cat.html

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Interior accents--taxidermies and bonsai