or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Anyone try the "Gap Gough"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone try the "Gap Gough"? - Page 2

post #16 of 121
I have the Gough's. I took the white back patch off. These have excellent detail and tons of selvage (outseam, both coin pockets, back pockets, waist band) and have 5 different colors of stitching throughout. I like the way they fit alot since I have a thicker body style. I wear a 36x32 most of the time, but I bought a 35x30 in these, and they fit well. Ive only been wearing these off and on for about a month.





post #17 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Those straight legs don't look that bad. I've never seen them in store though, but I haven't checked for a while. I'd get a 30" inseam instead of the usual 32" so I don't have to cuff to show off that funky selvage crap. The thigh could be a bit more fitted. The Morrisons have the same selvage, but a tapered fit. They were heavy, and I had to size down 3, and they still fit like crap. The Gough had better denim, better selvage, but again, I would have had to size down 3, maybe even 4 to make them look good on me. Also, very boxy as noted. Could be good if you like looser fitting, straight leg jeans.

They don't have that same selvage as the morrison's. You can see this in the poster above's pictures; these just have a simple red line selvage.
post #18 of 121
i was pretty impressed with the morrison, and at 50 bucks discounted, plus friends and family, and this is cdn money btw, i couldnt resist. I liked the fit much better than the loose gouge

yorkdale gap has the morrison, the gough and the 'red label' jean
post #19 of 121


Here's a screenie of the goughs. I really like them. I got them for 70 bucks. That's 30 bucks off retail. I figure 70 bucks for Japanese selvage isn't too bad considering I've paid way more than that for my Samurai's and 'Canes.

The size I'm wearing is 29w 30l. The actual measure inseam is 32.5''. I think they size for a 2inch cuff.
post #20 of 121
I can't find the Goughs anywhere, and I could only find the pigment dyed Morrisons, which sucked. This is annoying.
post #21 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I can't find the Goughs anywhere, and I could only find the pigment dyed Morrisons, which sucked. This is annoying.
Yeah, the Gap closer to me doesn't have any selvage at all. I'll have to get back to the other one soon and see if they've gotten any 30's in yet. I'm seriously thinking of grabbing a pair.
post #22 of 121
Man I went yesterday hoping to find the Goughs. Plenty of Morrisons but no Goughs to be found...
post #23 of 121
if anyone wants some gap gough's let me know, they're on sale for $45 at my store. I just got a pair. the fit is pretty good through the leg, but the cut through the knee and hem opening is pretty big. bigger than my rescues. But for that price, i couldn't say no, and i plan on tapering these to the cut of my samurai's so $40 for a pair of gap selvedge jeans that i can hone my sewing skills on is worth it in my mind. I have too many jeans that i kind of like, and would like to taper them a bit, but am too scared to try. again, if anyone wants these, please let me know, they had a HUGE STACK of these today.
post #24 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock
if anyone wants some gap gough's let me know, they're on sale for $45 at my store. I just got a pair. the fit is pretty good through the leg, but the cut through the knee and hem opening is pretty big. bigger than my rescues. But for that price, i couldn't say no, and i plan on tapering these to the cut of my samurai's so $40 for a pair of gap selvedge jeans that i can hone my sewing skills on is worth it in my mind. I have too many jeans that i kind of like, and would like to taper them a bit, but am too scared to try. again, if anyone wants these, please let me know, they had a HUGE STACK of these today.
How do you like your Rescues? I'm thinking of getting a pair. NS's aren't for me, but I want a pair of APC's.
post #25 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock
if anyone wants some gap gough's let me know, they're on sale for $45 at my store. I just got a pair. the fit is pretty good through the leg, but the cut through the knee and hem opening is pretty big. bigger than my rescues. But for that price, i couldn't say no, and i plan on tapering these to the cut of my samurai's so $40 for a pair of gap selvedge jeans that i can hone my sewing skills on is worth it in my mind. I have too many jeans that i kind of like, and would like to taper them a bit, but am too scared to try. again, if anyone wants these, please let me know, they had a HUGE STACK of these today.
If possible could you please post a measurement of the thigh width, knee and leg opening size? I have the worst luck in the thigh department and like a knee and leg opening at least 19". Also do you know what the rise is? Somewhere around a 10.25" works good for me. My typical waist size in jeans is 33", do they fit fairly true to size? I think someone also mentioned they have two lengths 30" and 32" but those are measured when cuffed so that 30" is really 32" and 32" is really 34" when uncuffed, is this true? If the measurements seem good I may take you up on the offer, that is a STEAL at $40. Thanks!
post #26 of 121
tried em on yesterday. Fit is like the old APC english cut. The selvedge is pretty decent but Im not a fan of the overdone selvedge anywhere we can put it details. Just selvedge outseams and maybe a coin pocket would have been enough. One thing i just noticed in the pics above is the dark blue stitching that may show once enough atari has occured on the back pockets. They are only 39.99 round my way but Im a lil strapped for cash as of now, that and the longest length they had was a 32......but if i can find a 31X34 i'd be all over these in a heart beat.
post #27 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionology
If possible could you please post a measurement of the thigh width, knee and leg opening size? I have the worst luck in the thigh department and like a knee and leg opening at least 19". Also do you know what the rise is? Somewhere around a 10.25" works good for me. My typical waist size in jeans is 33", do they fit fairly true to size? I think someone also mentioned they have two lengths 30" and 32" but those are measured when cuffed so that 30" is really 32" and 32" is really 34" when uncuffed, is this true?

If the measurements seem good I may take you up on the offer, that is a STEAL at $40.

Thanks!

I'm a 31-32 waist, but the 30 was still loose on me. If I were you, I'd go for a 30. The leg opening appeared to be at least 19" when I was there. These are a wider straight leg jean. Also, a 32" length fits like a 34" length.

I don't own a pair - the fit is too big for me, and the price is still too high.
post #28 of 121
Damn I wish I could try them on somewhere. I think I'm gonna go gap hunting tomorrow. There has to be a place in CT that has them. If not I'm gonna PM poly800rock.
post #29 of 121
I bought a pair of selvage Morrisons (taper cut) a couple days ago for $39.99. No luck on finding any Goughs in 3 Gap stores.
post #30 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionology
If possible could you please post a measurement of the thigh width, knee and leg opening size? I have the worst luck in the thigh department and like a knee and leg opening at least 19". Also do you know what the rise is? Somewhere around a 10.25" works good for me. My typical waist size in jeans is 33", do they fit fairly true to size? I think someone also mentioned they have two lengths 30" and 32" but those are measured when cuffed so that 30" is really 32" and 32" is really 34" when uncuffed, is this true?

If the measurements seem good I may take you up on the offer, that is a STEAL at $40.

Thanks!

will do measurement tomorrow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Anyone try the "Gap Gough"?