• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the Worst Town in California?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Inspired by these poasts:

Originally Posted by mordecai
Lodi. And Fresno.

Originally Posted by thinman
Barstow, CA

Originally Posted by Saul Silver
Los Angeles

Originally Posted by Connemara
San Jose

No poal because the options are too limitless.

I think the clear winner must be El Centro but let's see what people have to say.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I said Lod, which is a slummy city in Israel. Fresno is awful, but I guess it depends on your definition of "worst." Irvine is pretty sterile.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
whoops

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fontucky. Maybe San Bernadino? I've heard its bad, never really been there though...just heard its a concentrated version of the IE.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Those are both truly terrible. Fontana is worse than San Berdu.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Can we make this the California hate thread? If so, I submit Valencia, California

fountainglenvalencia.jpg

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fresno's not really so bad. i've spent a lot of time there. or maybe it just seemed like a lot. it's just a bigger version of the SF valley. Bakersfield is worse, but it has the redemption of basque restaurants and Merle Haggard. if i had to guess, it probably be one of those Riverside County cities that are now half-vacant or someplace on the west side of the san joaquin valley like coalinga, mendota or los banos.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
valencia has Magic Mountain, so, fail.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
fresno's not really so bad. i've spent a lot of time there. or maybe it just seemed like a lot. it's just a bigger version of the SF valley. Bakersfield is worse, but it has the redemption of basque restaurants and Merle Haggard. if i had to guess, it probably be one of those Riverside County cities that are now half-vacant or someplace on the west side of the san joaquin valley like coalinga, mendota or los banos.

I have spent a lot of time in B'field and less time but significant in Fresburg and I have to say that as sucktastic as B'Fied is, it's better then Fres. B has the river and some trees and some green. There are two very nice neighboorhoods (but sadly only two). I like the Basques too though all the menus are identical no matter where you go, and have been since I was born.

Coalinga could be a lot worse.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
valencia has Magic Mountain, so, fail.

Oh yes, I forgot about one of the few places you can find thugs, rednecks, and skinheads all breathing the same air.
sarcasm.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
Oh yes, I forgot about one of the few places you can find thugs, rednecks, and skinheads all breathing the same air.
sarcasm.gif

Few? WTF, you have described the entire inland empire!

Oh and COLOSSUS!!!!

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manton;4590447 said:
I have spent a lot of time in B'field and less time but significant in Fresburg and I have to say that as sucktastic as B'Fied is, it's better then Fres.
hmmm, check the map. i think fresno is the one with the river (mighty mighty king river). also the reason there's fruit and vegetable ag there while bfield is almost entirely cotton (and now almonds).

Coalinga could be a lot worse.
i'm sure you're right, but i'm sure i can't imagine how.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think any truly crappy town has to be far away enough from other places so it's not too easy to escape. That would probably mean one of those towns in the middle of IE, or something in the central valley. But isn't the default answer always Bakersfield?

BTW, what Basque restaurant in Bakersfield do you guys recommend? I'm going to be in the area in a couple of weeks.

--Andre

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
The kern river is really beautiful, I guess I haven't paid any attention to the king river.

When you get out east in b'fied near Panorama and cliffs and then out toward hart park the natural landscape is lovely.

Fresburg is just ... flat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads