or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What is the Worst Town in California?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is the Worst Town in California?

post #1 of 230
Thread Starter 
Inspired by these poasts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
Lodi. And Fresno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post
Barstow, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Silver View Post
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
San Jose

No poal because the options are too limitless.

I think the clear winner must be El Centro but let's see what people have to say.
post #2 of 230


I said Lod, which is a slummy city in Israel. Fresno is awful, but I guess it depends on your definition of "worst." Irvine is pretty sterile.
post #3 of 230
Thread Starter 
whoops
post #4 of 230
Fontucky. Maybe San Bernadino? I've heard its bad, never really been there though...just heard its a concentrated version of the IE.
post #5 of 230
Thread Starter 
Those are both truly terrible. Fontana is worse than San Berdu.
post #6 of 230




post #7 of 230
Can we make this the California hate thread? If so, I submit Valencia, California

post #8 of 230
fresno's not really so bad. i've spent a lot of time there. or maybe it just seemed like a lot. it's just a bigger version of the SF valley. Bakersfield is worse, but it has the redemption of basque restaurants and Merle Haggard. if i had to guess, it probably be one of those Riverside County cities that are now half-vacant or someplace on the west side of the san joaquin valley like coalinga, mendota or los banos.
post #9 of 230
Thread Starter 
valencia has Magic Mountain, so, fail.
post #10 of 230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post
fresno's not really so bad. i've spent a lot of time there. or maybe it just seemed like a lot. it's just a bigger version of the SF valley. Bakersfield is worse, but it has the redemption of basque restaurants and Merle Haggard. if i had to guess, it probably be one of those Riverside County cities that are now half-vacant or someplace on the west side of the san joaquin valley like coalinga, mendota or los banos.

I have spent a lot of time in B'field and less time but significant in Fresburg and I have to say that as sucktastic as B'Fied is, it's better then Fres. B has the river and some trees and some green. There are two very nice neighboorhoods (but sadly only two). I like the Basques too though all the menus are identical no matter where you go, and have been since I was born.

Coalinga could be a lot worse.
post #11 of 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
valencia has Magic Mountain, so, fail.

Oh yes, I forgot about one of the few places you can find thugs, rednecks, and skinheads all breathing the same air.
post #12 of 230
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
Oh yes, I forgot about one of the few places you can find thugs, rednecks, and skinheads all breathing the same air.

Few? WTF, you have described the entire inland empire!

Oh and COLOSSUS!!!!
post #13 of 230
[quote=Manton;4590447][quote]
Quote:
I have spent a lot of time in B'field and less time but significant in Fresburg and I have to say that as sucktastic as B'Fied is, it's better then Fres.
hmmm, check the map. i think fresno is the one with the river (mighty mighty king river). also the reason there's fruit and vegetable ag there while bfield is almost entirely cotton (and now almonds).

Quote:
Coalinga could be a lot worse.

i'm sure you're right, but i'm sure i can't imagine how.
post #14 of 230
I think any truly crappy town has to be far away enough from other places so it's not too easy to escape. That would probably mean one of those towns in the middle of IE, or something in the central valley. But isn't the default answer always Bakersfield?

BTW, what Basque restaurant in Bakersfield do you guys recommend? I'm going to be in the area in a couple of weeks.

--Andre
post #15 of 230
Thread Starter 
The kern river is really beautiful, I guess I haven't paid any attention to the king river.

When you get out east in b'fied near Panorama and cliffs and then out toward hart park the natural landscape is lovely.

Fresburg is just ... flat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What is the Worst Town in California?