• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JM Weston Opinions

tennisguru

Reaction score
On a recent wander around Mayfair I found myself in the JM Weston Boutique on Vigo Street and fell in love with a pair of Oxfords in Bordeaux Vocalou leather (an antique burgandy colour).

Does anybody have any experience with JM Weston shoes, construction, wear rate etc etc. The only threads I can find are from at least 4 years ago?

Cheers

Ash

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Hi, I wear JM Westons.

IMHO, the leather is superior to those used by C&J and EG - ofcourse, this is highly subjective.

Their box calf is so supple and look extremely refined.

Their leather soles are extremely hard at the beginning, but they wear-in very nicely.

Will be my choice for many years to come.

rsuhandy

Reaction score
I love westons though I've recently had a problem with micro cracking on the burgandy box calf
leather the OP mentioned. Great shoes, and IMHO at the same level construction-wise as JL.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tennisguru
On a recent wander around Mayfair I found myself in the JM Weston Boutique on Vigo Street and fell in love with a pair of Oxfords in Bordeaux Vocalou leather (an antique burgandy colour).

Does anybody have any experience with JM Weston shoes, construction, wear rate etc etc. The only threads I can find are from at least 4 years ago?

Cheers

Ash

I used in my early twenties to only wear Westons...

They were great quality...

My last pair was 10 years ago and I have sold them to a friend...

He is very happy with them.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most of my casual loafers are Weston. I'm very happey with the current production.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you guys, much appreciated.

When I go up for my next suit fitting, i'll have to take a few extra notes I think!

Cheers

The shop in London is very nice and the girls there are very friendly...

tennisguru

Reaction score
yeah, I found that Lasbar, they couldn't have been more helpful or apologetic when they didn't have the style I liked in the leather finish I wanted, they the style in a different finish, or the right finish on a different style. They are ordering the correct pair in for me for when I next go up. There was a young, French sales assistant I was particularly taken with!
smile.gif
Cheers

Nick V.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We work on lot's of Westons.
I would consider them among the best of the high-grades in terms of materials, construction, detail and, workmanship.
They are the only maker that I'm aware of that has their own tannery manufacturing their own soles. From start to finish it takes approximately one year to produce their soles. In fact, they make the soles for one of their top competitors.
Weston is so particular about the products they use they actually make their own thread for their Norwegian welted shoes.
That's just an example of how committed they are to maintaining total control over the quality of their materials and products.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, I found that Lasbar, they couldn't have been more helpful or apologetic when they didn't have the style I liked in the leather finish I wanted, they the style in a different finish, or the right finish on a different style. They are ordering the correct pair in for me for when I next go up.

There was a young, French sales assistant I was particularly taken with!
smile.gif

Cheers

The dark hair one...
devil.gif

Reaction score
dammit i have to go to weston in london. the weston in hk has some old chinese lady always on the phone.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guest
dammit i have to go to weston in london. the weston in hk has some old chinese lady always on the phone.

I thought the Weston boutique at the IFC mall closed a while ago, did they reopen or move?

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers

Ash

Amazing shoes. Better than my Testoni, Santoni, and streets ahead of my AE. Unless you're going Lobb or bespoke like G&G, buy with confidence. The leather/tanning is exquisite.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guest

Old and always on the phone?

Not a good mix...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads