or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › JM Weston Opinions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JM Weston Opinions - Page 4

post #46 of 69
I just found a store with NOS JM Westons from 6 years ago. Good deal at $295?
post #47 of 69
Well, that sounds hard to beat! Would love to know what they have there? smile.gif
post #48 of 69
Burgundy oxford and possibly black. And black derbys.

Also black and burgundy suede derbys. Mostly smaller sizes, but decent selection in the suede derbys. I was kind of surprised to.

The soles on all the shoes were jet black and closed channeled.
post #49 of 69

If the sizes are good, it sounds like a good deal.

post #50 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post

Wow.  I have never seen this one before.  Gillie type shoes, I did not know Weston had this. 
Anyway just FYI I have listed them in Marketplace - since they don't fit me facepalm.gif
post #51 of 69
Check these out http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261333849067&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:3160
Anyone know are they genuine JMW? Seller appears to have several pairs - I am no expert on these but never saw them with Euro sizes like 43
post #52 of 69
Counterfeit
post #53 of 69
They sure look like it to me but I didn't think JMW would be an obvious target for fakes! Anyone else seen these anywhere?
post #54 of 69
No doubt fake. Thats not the sole they use, nor is it the heel or, sock liner. On top of that it looks like the sock liner is made of pig skin.
post #55 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by labravajazz View Post

Check these out http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261333849067&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:3160
Anyone know are they genuine JMW? Seller appears to have several pairs - I am no expert on these but never saw them with Euro sizes like 43


You have been a SF member for over 5 years. That's long enough to recognize poorly made shoes? The "43" is the only thing you saw wrong? puzzled.gif
post #56 of 69
Well said ....but .... Of course I can see rubbish shoes - just to clarify that in Australia ebay welcomes fakes being reported and this seller has several listed at that price, while I have genuine JMW on same site. so I just wanted to get some verification. Ebay would not know JMW and no stores in Australia, so SF is a good authority. I was also surprised as I hadnt ever seen fakes of this brand - Amazing that they don't seemto copy any feature of the reeal thing.....
post #57 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedCrab View Post

For purposes of sizing reference I thought I world jump in and share my experience with my first jmw bought from the leather soul last pair sale page. I'm a pretty tts 12d with a narrow heal and slightly wide forefoot. I got this Demi chasse in jmw marked 11.5 which on the shoe and box appears as "11/" the slash is .5 in jmw land.
The fit is almost perfect just ever so slightly roomy. Justin at LS Honolulu is a pleasure to deal with and he knows his stuff. So in short -.5 from us tts worked for me in this shoe.
The leather, workmanship and finishing is outstanding among the best of any shoe I've seen, and I have lobb, SC, EG etc...

 

 

I was in the NYC store trying the exact pair of shoe and it is so beautiful.  Is it still stiff after you break in?  Does the shoe stretch much?  really appreciate your opinion. 


Edited by Edmund K - 12/1/13 at 4:47pm
post #58 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund K View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedCrab View Post

For purposes of sizing reference I thought I world jump in and share my experience with my first jmw bought from the leather soul last pair sale page. I'm a pretty tts 12d with a narrow heal and slightly wide forefoot. I got this Demi chasse in jmw marked 11.5 which on the shoe and box appears as "11/" the slash is .5 in jmw land.
The fit is almost perfect just ever so slightly roomy. Justin at LS Honolulu is a pleasure to deal with and he knows his stuff. So in short -.5 from us tts worked for me in this shoe.
The leather, workmanship and finishing is outstanding among the best of any shoe I've seen, and I have lobb, SC, EG etc...

 

 

I was in the NYC store trying the exact pair of shoe and it is so beautiful.  Is it still stiff after you break in?  Does the shoe stretch much?  really appreciate your opinion. 


Hi. I have the same model with different color and rubber sole.  (I think this version is Japan only model).  In my opinion, it does stretch.  I got a very snag fit one but after careful break-in and 5 times wearing, it becomes totally OK.   

post #59 of 69
Edmund sorry for the late response I haven't checked this thread in a while. I find them to be very stiff, but beginning to break in. Not bad stiff just very, very sturdy stiff. Really quite unlike any shoe I've ever owned, and I own many brands, the closest comparison to feel on the foot would be a double soled Crockett and Jones, but not even that close. Note, I've only wore them 3 or maybe 4 times, for a full day each time though. I couldn't really say I'm expecting them to stretch though. Maybe because they are a little roomy fit the way I sized them...
Bamboo glad to hear yours are working out, would love to see your version with rubber sole.
post #60 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedCrab View Post

Edmund sorry for the late response I haven't checked this thread in a while. I find them to be very stiff, but beginning to break in. Not bad stiff just very, very sturdy stiff. Really quite unlike any shoe I've ever owned, and I own many brands, the closest comparison to feel on the foot would be a double soled Crockett and Jones, but not even that close. Note, I've only wore them 3 or maybe 4 times, for a full day each time though. I couldn't really say I'm expecting them to stretch though. Maybe because they are a little roomy fit the way I sized them...
Bamboo glad to hear yours are working out, would love to see your version with rubber sole.

 

Crackedcrab thanks for your reply.  I bought the shoe yesterday and I agree it is unlike C&J and ALDEN.  It kind of reminds me of Tricker's but a lot better finish quality.  The steel toe is a nice touch.  I bet it will take a long time to break in.  feel extremely solid.

 

http://nymag.com/guides/everything/shoes/27345/

 

http://lyramag.blogspot.com/2008/01/jm-weston-updated-new-image-for.html

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › JM Weston Opinions