or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › JM Weston Opinions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JM Weston Opinions - Page 3

post #31 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

......true-to-size or something else entirely?

Definitely the latter!.....All JM Weston shoes are huge!!!


In a dedicated loafer last (EG 65 or 100) 9 C is the ideal size for me.

My Weston "Reference" loafer is a size 8 B and even that is a smidgeon loose. (Possibly 8 A might be the better size for me.)
The length (in mm or inches) of JMW size 8 and EG size 9 is more or less identical.
post #32 of 69

My size is usually US 6D.

 

I have JM Weston model 300 straight tip.  5.5 D. 

and JM Weston Golf: 5 D

I am considering getting 4.5D for 180 loafer in brown suede.

 

Ben

post #33 of 69
Great, thanks for the quick replies.

I find this sizing info odd. Weston states on its website that the signature loafer's last has gone through around 200 versions. One would think all that trouble would lead to something else than abnormally large and confusing sizing. French eccentricity indeed.
post #34 of 69

Some pictures of my pair in antiqued burgundy after one wearing:

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Re sizing: I usually wear a US 10.5 D. This pair is a 9 D in JMW's size. 

 

I initially wanted a pair of G&G on the DG70 last but could not try them on as opposed to JMWs.  At least from the pictures I've seen, the lasts look similar.  

post #35 of 69
Re sizing of J M Weston I recently bought on ebay a pair of Norwegian welt ptb in 11 C which I believed would be bigger than US 11 - I usually fit 11.5-12 D USA size or 10.5-11 UK - they are fabulous quality and I love them compared to JL EG Cj et al but the size is barely a US 11 IMO - size is hand written inside 11 C and the leather is amazing nice brown calf with super soft bellows at lace - Ridgeway style sole as on JL etc - will have to list in MarketPlace becuase they are just too small but would like to find out last and model name. Will post photos if anyone would like to see.....
Great shoes iMO
post #36 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by labravajazz View Post

Re sizing of J M Weston I recently bought on ebay a pair of Norwegian welt ptb in 11 C which I believed would be bigger than US 11 - I usually fit 11.5-12 D USA size or 10.5-11 UK - they are fabulous quality and I love them compared to JL EG Cj et al but the size is barely a US 11 IMO - size is hand written inside 11 C and the leather is amazing nice brown calf with super soft bellows at lace - Ridgeway style sole as on JL etc - will have to list in MarketPlace becuase they are just too small but would like to find out last and model name. Will post photos if anyone would like to see.....
Great shoes iMO


It sounds like 696.  It is written inside of the shoes.  Sizing of JM Weston is very tricky....

post #37 of 69
Thanks for that, actually i may have been a little vague about the decription as I am no expert at all, but these are plain toe storm welted which is what I meant by Norwegian anyway not split toe, and they have leather tabs for the laces as in Ghillie style or such, I guess.
I'll poste some photos just for interest when I get a chance.
As you say the sizing is tricky! Whereas some other opinion was that they run large in general. Is it the styleo r last that differs which makes this tricky? I have
read that one should size dowone size such that 11c should be US d or C but in this case no!
post #38 of 69
Actually i lookd for the number inside aside from 11C and I see the numbers 554-68
Inner sole is barely over 11 inches
Maybe its an old model - seller didn't know model name - anyway they are in mint condition fwiw.
Any suggestions?!
post #39 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by labravajazz View Post

Actually i lookd for the number inside aside from 11C and I see the numbers 554-68
Inner sole is barely over 11 inches
Maybe its an old model - seller didn't know model name - anyway they are in mint condition fwiw.
Any suggestions?!


Could be a discontinued model.  I have not seen plain toe storm welted shoes from Weston and have not heard 554 model number.

I may not be of help, but would like to see pictures anyway for my curiosity.

post #40 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post


Could be a discontinued model.  I have not seen plain toe storm welted shoes from Weston and have not heard 554 model number.
I may not be of help, but would like to see pictures anyway for my curiosity.
[IMG
post #41 of 69

Wow.  I have never seen this one before.  Gillie type shoes, I did not know Weston had this. 

post #42 of 69
No - I think they are older model judging by logo in the shoe and on the bags, but really almost like brand new. Only wish they fit me! Bought as 11C (marked in hand written figures in shoe) presumed UK size however they are more like US 11D in every way.
Beautiful leather and construction, just superb, and I'm comparing to John Lobb, Edward Green etc
post #43 of 69

Yes.  I agree with that these are old model.  I wish it has new home soon. 

post #44 of 69
Yes, great shoes and rare I guess - wish they were just a 1/2 size bigger....
I'll list in marketplace soon - in meantime anyone interested feel free to get in touch.
post #45 of 69
For purposes of sizing reference I thought I world jump in and share my experience with my first jmw bought from the leather soul last pair sale page. I'm a pretty tts 12d with a narrow heal and slightly wide forefoot. I got this Demi chasse in jmw marked 11.5 which on the shoe and box appears as "11/" the slash is .5 in jmw land.
The fit is almost perfect just ever so slightly roomy. Justin at LS Honolulu is a pleasure to deal with and he knows his stuff. So in short -.5 from us tts worked for me in this shoe.
The leather, workmanship and finishing is outstanding among the best of any shoe I've seen, and I have lobb, SC, EG etc...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › JM Weston Opinions