or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Introducing D.C. Lewis Footwear - Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Introducing D.C. Lewis Footwear - Affiliate Thread - Page 32

post #466 of 811
Spoo, quick tangent-If you get the Love Flats in 39 or 39.5 PM me smile.gif
post #467 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Spoo, quick tangent-If you get the Love Flats in 39 or 39.5 PM me smile.gif

Only one pair brahski. Sorry.

Now, back to Davids shoes, please.
post #468 of 811
Looking forward to production update and next MTO.
post #469 of 811
Received my Matthews on Friday. First impression: a really nice shoe, leather is very supple, superb comfort, sole is beautiful and they seem overall very well constructed. But, as a shoe connoisseur, I like to let all senses immerse into a new pair of shoes ... I would not have purchased these had I only been able to smell them. Unlike with other high-end shoes (e.g. Gaziano & Girling), I only get the smell of glue ... No nice leather smell :-(

(note, that these are samples)

Here are some photos:
5c28fe2d-55f5-fe16.jpg
5c28fe2d-5620-a235.jpg
5c28fe2d-5633-93be.jpg
5c28fe2d-5643-cf23.jpg
5c28fe2d-5655-4660.jpg
5c28fe2d-5668-021c.jpg
5c28fe2d-56f2-b1c4.jpg
5c28fe2d-570a-5c35.jpg
post #470 of 811
Those are great! Enjoy them.
post #471 of 811
Very nice of course. With improved buckles more over !
post #472 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrakewell View Post

I would not have purchased these had I only been able to smell them. Unlike with other high-end shoes (e.g. Gaziano & Girling), I only get the smell of glue ... No nice leather smell :-(

I would think that the shoes being samples that they would have been produced some time ago (hence not having the smell). However, my cordovan bal boots do still have the scent of shell cordovan. biggrin.gif


Edited by DpprDr - 3/20/12 at 6:15am
post #473 of 811
I really want those cordovan bal boots...
post #474 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrakewell View Post

Received my Matthews on Friday. First impression: a really nice shoe, leather is very supple, superb comfort, sole is beautiful and they seem overall very well constructed. But, as a shoe connoisseur, I like to let all senses immerse into a new pair of shoes ... I would not have purchased these had I only been able to smell them. Unlike with other high-end shoes (e.g. Gaziano & Girling), I only get the smell of glue ... No nice leather smell :-(
(note, that these are samples)
Here are some photos:
5c28fe2d-55f5-fe16.jpg
5c28fe2d-5620-a235.jpg
5c28fe2d-5633-93be.jpg
5c28fe2d-5643-cf23.jpg
5c28fe2d-5655-4660.jpg
5c28fe2d-5668-021c.jpg
5c28fe2d-56f2-b1c4.jpg
5c28fe2d-570a-5c35.jpg

I like the last and color of these. I've had bad luck with monks so I will hold off but those look really nice.
post #475 of 811
Cannot wait to see those in suede nod[1].gif
post #476 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrakewell View Post

Received my Matthews on Friday. First impression: a really nice shoe, leather is very supple, superb comfort, sole is beautiful and they seem overall very well constructed. But, as a shoe connoisseur, I like to let all senses immerse into a new pair of shoes ... I would not have purchased these had I only been able to smell them. Unlike with other high-end shoes (e.g. Gaziano & Girling), I only get the smell of glue ... No nice leather smell :-(
(note, that these are samples) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Here are some photos:
5c28fe2d-55f5-fe16.jpg
5c28fe2d-5620-a235.jpg
5c28fe2d-5633-93be.jpg
5c28fe2d-5643-cf23.jpg
5c28fe2d-5655-4660.jpg
5c28fe2d-5668-021c.jpg
5c28fe2d-56f2-b1c4.jpg
5c28fe2d-570a-5c35.jpg

I feel you here. I am a shoe guy but can't subscribe to some of the newer offerings due to the inevitable "quirks". I need shoes made by a firm that has been in business at least a 100 years.
post #477 of 811
Update to my previous posting:

After a full day of wearing my new Matthews, I can not only state with confidence that these are the most comfortable shoes I have ever had the pleasure to introduce to my feet, but also the scent of leather has taken over the scent of glue that had initially dominated ... I definitely am most happy with these. They fit like a glove and are a joy to wear.
post #478 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrakewell View Post

Update to my previous posting:
After a full day of wearing my new Matthews, I can not only state with confidence that these are the most comfortable shoes I have ever had the pleasure to introduce to my feet, but also the scent of leather has taken over the scent of glue that had initially dominated ... I definitely am most happy with these. They fit like a glove and are a joy to wear.

Whatevs
post #479 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

Whatevs

? confused.gif
post #480 of 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

I feel you here. I am a shoe guy but can't subscribe to some of the newer offerings due to the inevitable "quirks". I need shoes made by a firm that has been in business at least a 100 years.

Whatevs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Introducing D.C. Lewis Footwear - Affiliate Thread