or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** - Page 532

post #7966 of 15077
Fuuma - great write up a few post back...

I haven't come across one yet. But, does Vass make a long wing in black cordovan?
post #7967 of 15077
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

There's no right answer, wear what you like

That said, I still want a black pair of side zips and a pair of jodphurs. And not any side zip like MMM etc. something more particular



^Fuuma?? Maybe if Myers had some stubble

My pair of Jodphurs is septième largeur (Markowski's higher end brand, if that helps), not at the level of C&J or whatever but a good shape and has taken to a beating well. Leather was not damaged or anything but I did notice some markings on one of the boots when I got them, it has aged well though.

Side zips, as I've posted before: The very best pair I've seen is from Massaro, I also have some Sutor Mantellassi and a couple of Margiela (+ 1 pair of CCP I kept but rarely wear). Traditional MC brands don't really do zip boots.

I have zips, chelseas, pull, Jodphurs, chukkas and laceups in black, grey, white and brown but then I like boots.
post #7968 of 15077
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomeo View Post


I haven't come across one yet. But, does Vass make a long wing in black cordovan?

Pretty sure you can custom order that. I'm a big fan of Vass, but don't really like its most popular U last. The ones pictured seem like F last?
post #7969 of 15077

I like these, posted by someone in the Vass thread in CM:

 

 

Not sure what model / last it is.

 

Want to get a chunky euro brogue at some point as an alternative to my tricker's to go with eg / nepenthes style workwear.

post #7970 of 15077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

This comes dangerously close to advertising my own goods, but I just bought a pair the unlined 996's in 46 after 45's felt too short, and they fit much longer than I expected them to. I have a size 11 US foot, and they are definitely a size too big in length. I have no other experience with Guidi, so your knowledge might trump this, but they definitely feel like they'd fit a US 12. Which is potentially good news for you, although it sucks for me since now I have to sell another pair of guidis.

I've seen lots of fit pics where the guidis looked mad long, as in you could see the balls of the wearers' feet poking out waaay too far back in the shoes. i have a feeling they're buying the shoes second-hand and then just dealing with the poor fit confused.gif
post #7971 of 15077

post #7972 of 15077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Selvedge View Post

Just wondering what the point is for adding the heel tap on the vibram heel? The vibram heel is pretty thick and isn't going to wear down any time soon and can just be replaced when it does wear down over time.



i boguht a pair of boots second hand that had it and disliked the way it felt. i only vibram nowadays.
post #7973 of 15077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Selvedge View Post

Just wondering what the point is for adding the heel tap on the vibram heel? The vibram heel is pretty thick and isn't going to wear down any time soon and can just be replaced when it does wear down over time.

well my a1923 heel taps are pretty worn down. i wear down the back heel of most of my boots/shoes and started to get them. For me, the vibram is more important because as much as i like the double leather soles, i dont like the slippage they come with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

My pair of Jodphurs is septième largeur (Markowski's higher end brand, if that helps), not at the level of C&J or whatever but a good shape and has taken to a beating well. Leather was not damaged or anything but I did notice some markings on one of the boots when I got them, it has aged well though.

Side zips, as I've posted before: The very best pair I've seen is from Massaro, I also have some Sutor Mantellassi and a couple of Margiela (+ 1 pair of CCP I kept but rarely wear). Traditional MC brands don't really do zip boots.

I have zips, chelseas, pull, Jodphurs, chukkas and laceups in black, grey, white and brown but then I like boots.
i remember having a conversation with you regarding these. they look great but honestly a bit too fragile for my taste.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hedkandi View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


think this pic belongs more in the WAYWT thread.

guidi look cool
post #7974 of 15077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

To bows1 and whoever else was lamenting the lack of Guidi boots for size twelve feet:

This comes dangerously close to advertising my own goods, but I just bought a pair the unlined 996's in 46 after 45's felt too short, and they fit much longer than I expected them to. I have a size 11 US foot, and they are definitely a size too big in length. I have no other experience with Guidi, so your knowledge might trump this, but they definitely feel like they'd fit a US 12. Which is potentially good news for you, although it sucks for me since now I have to sell another pair of guidis.

why not just get an insole?

I did oddly enough have a similar experience. I tried on a pair of 45.5 backzips double heel double sole and they fit me just fine, then i tried the 46 and they felt long but i can wear them.
post #7975 of 15077
An insole isn't going to make my foot an inch longer. Why wouldn't I just get a boot that fit?
post #7976 of 15077

i dont know if this has been posted, but A1923 will be carried at PNP firenze starting mid october. Just FYI gentlemen

post #7977 of 15077
Warmthcrafts cordovan work boots after 2 yrs of wear.



post #7978 of 15077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Warmthcrafts cordovan work boots after 2 yrs of wear.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

 

They look fantastic.  Do you have pre-wear pics to compare?

post #7979 of 15077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Warmthcrafts cordovan work boots after 2 yrs of wear.

this is pretty much what i've had in mind the entire time, look at the shape, the more bulbous toe, thickness of sole, etc.
well it's cordovan but anyway, does this constitute an example of mitleeuropean craft you mentioned ?
post #7980 of 15077
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatiste View Post

this is pretty much what i've had in mind the entire time, look at the shape, the more bulbous toe, thickness of sole, etc.
well it's cordovan but anyway, does this constitute an example of mitleeuropean craft you mentioned ?

Maker is Japanese:
http://www.cordvan.jp/SHOP/5007bk.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***