or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** - Page 531

post #7951 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

I love the Yang Li styling, would love to see a side-zip with a similar shape and sole.

I know you don't like elastic gores but they make a mean chealsea (Cheaney)
post #7952 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Alessio from Layers-0 thought my Vass boots were really well-made and had a nice shape and he's one of the guys in this niche who actually knows a lot about leathers and shoe construction. On the other hand I don't feel like the products are interchangeable at all, I prefer simpler boots with cleaner silhouettes and don't wear any of the boots discussed here anymore, mainly going for products at the margin of MC wear (Corthay, Vass high boots, Massaro, Georg Materna etc.) or plain old designer boots (MMM, Balenciaga). If I wanted a Carpe/Layers-0/Guidi/CCP/Augusta etc boot I def wouldn't accept substitutes and would suck it up and pay the price for exactly what I wanted. You don't need 8 pairs, 2-3 is already enough for a very consequent wardrobe, especially if you add 2-3 pairs of sneakers.

well said, i find myself rotating 4 pairs
post #7953 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatiste View Post

merci M !
neither, i meant alt. to alden that wasn't shell either but in wide last. i find aldens to have dramatically increased in price for no obvious reason, perhaps i'm mistaken here.
sorry for confusion

Sadly its not just Alden. Shell is definitely up in price due to a lot more demand. I was told the demand is coming from China but idk if there is truth to that.

Trickers have a wider last compared to alden. But, you can have wider Aldens it would just have to be an MTO. I believe all makers such as Alden, Carmina, Vass, EG, G&G make wider lasts upon request. check http://www.theshoemart.com may have RTW Aldens on wider lasts.
post #7954 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanxl View Post

I know you don't like elastic gores but they make a mean chealsea (Cheaney)

never
post #7955 of 12557
better alternative to Alden is Dinkelacker IMO



$750 is in the ballpark of Alden, just much better made and nicer looking.
post #7956 of 12557
Interesting turn this thread has taken. But no I probably would not buy a norweigian welted brogue on a bevel-waisted last. I think it would have been much better off with standard welting because everything else looks so elegant.
post #7957 of 12557
Put shoe trees on Guidi when I stored them in the boxes before I moved. WHAT HAVE I DONE Can I shrink the leather a bit? Now its almost a size too long baldy[1].gif
post #7958 of 12557

Possibly a hot water soak? Sorry man :(

post #7959 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

Put shoe trees on Guidi when I stored them in the boxes before I moved. WHAT HAVE I DONE Can I shrink the leather a bit? Now its almost a size too long baldy[1].gif

woah, unless the guidis are made of silly puddy i have a hard time imagining shoe trees would have caused that!
post #7960 of 12557
To bows1 and whoever else was lamenting the lack of Guidi boots for size twelve feet:

This comes dangerously close to advertising my own goods, but I just bought a pair the unlined 996's in 46 after 45's felt too short, and they fit much longer than I expected them to. I have a size 11 US foot, and they are definitely a size too big in length. I have no other experience with Guidi, so your knowledge might trump this, but they definitely feel like they'd fit a US 12. Which is potentially good news for you, although it sucks for me since now I have to sell another pair of guidis.
post #7961 of 12557
I own those Yang Li derbys. Had the choice between the smooth leather and the grained version. Went for the latter as, like GT said, the smooth ones looked like they would get bad creases after some wear. Very satisfied with them and great quality (Chaney is one of the best British shoemakers I believe). Only wear them with formal wear and a suit though as I can't work them in my everyday wardroe atm.
post #7962 of 12557
i like guidi et. al to a degree, but glad to see talk of other footwear as well. i have yet to handle yang li footwear, but i've been very curious as i really like the look of it in photos. the lace up boots on ln-cc look pretty ideal to me. the height of the shaft, weight of the sole, cleanliness (kinda hate metal eyelets), shape, etc. i don't see the leather creasing as a problem either on these.

post #7963 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

To bows1 and whoever else was lamenting the lack of Guidi boots for size twelve feet:

This comes dangerously close to advertising my own goods, but I just bought a pair the unlined 996's in 46 after 45's felt too short, and they fit much longer than I expected them to. I have a size 11 US foot, and they are definitely a size too big in length. I have no other experience with Guidi, so your knowledge might trump this, but they definitely feel like they'd fit a US 12. Which is potentially good news for you, although it sucks for me since now I have to sell another pair of guidis.

Any photos?

What price?
post #7964 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

woah, unless the guidis are made of silly puddy i have a hard time imagining shoe trees would have caused that!

It was 993 in black silly putty..
I guess Guidis don't necessarily run 'small' as they have stretch potential up to their stamped sizing? I might soak in warm water and have it dry in shade. musicboohoo[1].gif
post #7965 of 12557


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***