or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** - Page 388

post #5806 of 12557
Size 41 C. Diems:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARPE-DIEM-S43M-BOOTS-SIZE-41-POELL-/121067073262

Funnily enough, when you search for 'Carpe diem' on eBay, you see a bunch of 'YOLO' apparel....
post #5807 of 12557
^^ i saw that one. wish it was my size. one of the better carpe iteration imo.

someone should buy Eck's Augusta work boots. i have a version of it and it's becoming my go to boots. one of the better augusta buy for me lately.
post #5808 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

I don't know - I'd rather have more info than less info. To the average reader here, without intimate knowledge of the brands, it's helpful to know what they are getting for their money. Pricing isn't that crazy far off, either. Buttero is what, $450? You can get new A1923 for ~$1.2k without too much work. The same comparisons are done over and over on the MC side with brands like C&J/Carmina and Edward Green/Lobb. One is 2-2.5x the price of the other, yet people wonder "is this worth it?" I am sure people who read this thread wonder the same thing.

I'd rather have good info than the flood of crap most people can't make sense of that is the forum. This isn't really about this specific Buttero discussion but more about everyone wanting to give us their shitty opinion when people ask for info.

BTW Buttero used to make shoes for brands like Margiela and Dior Homme and still produces for various fashion brands, they're not necessarily making for MMM or whatever today and even if they are this might not be the case for all shoes and the construction quality is definitely up to what the brands order (i.e. they can make it better or worse than their own line). I'd probably wear Buttero over Carpe or Jun Hashimoto but that is due to the shape, not the construction. I like shoemaker brands (Corthay, Vass, etc.) because I like the idea of a shoemaker and other assorted concept but even something like Margiela or Balenciaga is usually fine for me, as far as durability goes.
post #5809 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razele View Post

Practically MTO isnt MTO man

Why are you arguing about this?

Don't forget that store buyers basically go to designer showrooms (that offer a lot of lasts/shapes/distressing/fabrics) and choose "this boot w. this fabric and this colour" so everything is basically MTO, what certain brands offer to clients is the possibility to do the same after the fact.
post #5810 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

MTO = you choose leather, size, style, maybe some extra details when it comes to CCP (titanium plates yes/no, etc.). I think this is correct?

Preeeety sure CCP does not do MTM or Bespoke... I could be wrong.

CCP does:

MTO through certain stores
MTO&MTM through his studio if you have the connection. I know people who are in-between sizes and fly to Milan every season and decide on sleeve lengths, fabrics, etc. The whole thing isn't complex mtm/bespoke but it def falls under the umbrella.

NOTE: DON'T CONTACT CCP FOR HIS MTO/MTM PROGRAM, THEY'LL TELL YOU TO GO THROUGH STORES.
post #5811 of 12557
Learn something new every day.

I guess it's the old adage of...

"Can this be done?"
"Yes...anything can be done. How much money do you have?"
post #5812 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzairh View Post

'Carpe diem' on eBay, you see a bunch of 'YOLO' apparel....

lol8[1].gif
post #5813 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

I'd rather have good info than the flood of crap most people can't make sense of that is the forum. This isn't really about this specific Buttero discussion but more about everyone wanting to give us their shitty opinion when people ask for info.

BTW Buttero used to make shoes for brands like Margiela and Dior Homme and still produces for various fashion brands, they're not necessarily making for MMM or whatever today and even if they are this might not be the case for all shoes and the construction quality is definitely up to what the brands order (i.e. they can make it better or worse than their own line). I'd probably wear Buttero over Carpe or Jun Hashimoto but that is due to the shape, not the construction. I like shoemaker brands (Corthay, Vass, etc.) because I like the idea of a shoemaker and other assorted concept but even something like Margiela or Balenciaga is usually fine for me, as far as durability goes.

BTW, this is the other thing that annoys me. I see lots of Buttero on eBay right now, and frankly most of it looks like shit. Leather looks cheap, etc. You don't see this happen with Carmina/C&J/Lobb/EG/Vass/etc. (MC brands) from season to season or year to year. Quality from those is always dependable. Not the case with SWD brands... and that's too bad.
post #5814 of 12557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

BTW, this is the other thing that annoys me. I see lots of Buttero on eBay right now, and frankly most of it looks like shit. Leather looks cheap, etc. You don't see this happen with Carmina/C&J/Lobb/EG/Vass/etc. (MC brands) from season to season or year to year. Quality from those is always dependable. Not the case with SWD brands... and that's too bad.

I dunno, quality of the hides vary greatly from pair to pair in brands like Carmina and the more inexpensive ones. C&J/EG/Lobb are top of the pile so their QA and the quality of the batch they buy are way higher which explains the high price and lack of duds but it's not a given when you go even slightly lower in price.
post #5815 of 12557
SS13 Layer-0

Shoes-Layer-0-10-26-INKBLACK-34534853_big.jpg
Shoes-Layer-0-10-26-INKBLACK-26195472_big.jpg

Shoes-Layer-0-10-27-BLOODBLK-76855105_big.jpg
Shoes-Layer-0-10-27-BLOODBLK-41185706_big.jpg
post #5816 of 12557
I am thinking about those oxblood ones

Would make a nice contrast to grey / charcoal / black footwear I already own
post #5817 of 12557
a new last for a factory made shoe not only means a full size run of lasts, but also each pattern for each shoe has to be re-traced and new dies cut. I can imagine it would be very expensive.

EG/Vass/Carmina etc take shortcuts and don't bother drawing new patterns for MTO shoes on different lasts. The results often look like shit. out of proportion, wingtips not lining up etc etc.

Besides that, most of the shoe brands in this thread are not selling to stores that are going to stock multiple shoes in different lasts in each size. Moreover, most of the customers are not going to know or care.
post #5818 of 12557
The Viridi-anne


post #5819 of 12557
what's that weird indent on the left foot?
post #5820 of 12557
very narrow waist. i like it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***