or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** - Page 378

post #5656 of 13609
Can't believe you dudes slept on those at yoox
post #5657 of 13609

Dammit, I was all ready to buy them in my size and had a free shipping code and then the day I went to checkout it sold out in my size baldy[1].gif

 

Good things come to those who act quickly, I suppose.

post #5658 of 13609
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

My 10SEI0OTTO's finally came after being in Customs hell for 2 weeks. The 44 is a bit snug but I do have huge fuck-off wool socks on right now so I think normal socks will be fine. These things are like tanks, and I think even Hendrix will appreciate the construction.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
hMlXjmf.jpg
VrqB3pQ.jpg
zifRhk6.jpg

i am a 44, are those TTS? if they dont work out ping me
Quote:
Originally Posted by artishard116 View Post

Can't believe you dudes slept on those at yoox

i didnt sleep on them i had no chance to get them!
Edited by sinnedk - 2/5/13 at 2:35pm
post #5659 of 13609
yeah these are 44, and I usually wear 45. They are snug, but like I said I have huge wool socks on + heat tech tights so its more snug than usual. I would say they fit .5 larger than listed.
post #5660 of 13609
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

My 10SEI0OTTO's finally came after being in Customs hell for 2 weeks. The 44 is a bit snug but I do have huge fuck-off wool socks on right now so I think normal socks will be fine. These things are like tanks, and I think even Hendrix will appreciate the construction.

Sorry if you answered this before, but how did you size those compared to some of the other stuff you own?

edit: damn I'm slow


Edited by Rooy - 2/5/13 at 11:50am
post #5661 of 13609
Sized down one. I usually wear a 45 but I got these in a 44
post #5662 of 13609
Quote:
Originally Posted by bows1 View Post

yeah these are 44, and I usually wear 45. They are snug, but like I said I have huge wool socks on + heat tech tights so its more snug than usual. I would say they fit .5 larger than listed.

you know who to contact in case you want to sell them devil.gif
post #5663 of 13609

Hey Fellas,

 

How do CDiems fit?   I am size 44 and looking at these on ebay:

 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Carpe-Diem-Lace-Up-Boots-maurizio-altieri-amadei-m-a-/321063279777?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4ac0dcdca1&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1200

 

I love the design but they are size 42 although the guy lists them as 43 -44

 

Aside from that do you have any budget suggestion for any other brand boots in that style?

 

Thank you!

post #5664 of 13609
-
Edited by gettoasty - 2/10/13 at 2:40am
post #5665 of 13609
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Horse
Reverse
Stag
Donkey
Bison
Soft horse
Baby calf

Anyone can summarize real quick between the leather/ finish / wear/ age over time with Guidi? I already have kangaroo TIA

baby calf
thin and soft.

kangaroo
thin and strong.

soft horse
thick and soft.

horse
thick and a little more stiff, not so soft but not super stiff (like A1923).

bison
thick and also a little more stiff, but not super stiff.

This was from Holger of hide-m, have been in contact recently about a custom order of 988's.
Either that or save up a bit more and get those Augusta double zips.
But the idea of making me own scars and creases on some Guidi horse entices me.
post #5666 of 13609
I have been in constant email as well but didnt want to bother him with too many questions redface.gif

Thanks for asking. I am also trying to meet the order deadline. Mind PMing your details just so I have an idea?
I already 995 in reverse kangaroo (bone)

Trying to stay away from black this time.

edit:
^I prefer the shape of Guidi's TBH though I have seen some nice boots in here

edit2:
With that said I may still stick with the kangaroo...strong. beast.
post #5667 of 13609
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

696 side zip in horse 780T

or

995 lace up in reverse 60T (shown above the one tellure ordered). Not sure which type of leather to have it in reverse, bison, kangaroo, horse, donkey? Instead of the smooth surface, reverse may soak in the color treatment better for the 60T.

There's always the default gray in 903T

Thoughts?

toast, default grey looks good to me as long as it is that dark, that being said i thought that a member on sf ordered that grey and it came in the lighter color you posted
post #5668 of 13609

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



someone else posted these a1923 backzips a while back, and now i'm strongly considering getting them. the price is 625€ / $845, including international shipping and paypal fees. they don't really appear to have much wear so it seems like a pretty good deal.

i just have two main concerns:
1. they're marked size 43 and the seller said they fit tts with an insole, but could fit bigger without. i'm a true size 44. he said the insole measures 29cm / 11.4" which seemed pretty comparable to my shoes. would it be reasonable or overly optimistic to expect these to fit? if they were a bit too tight, do you think a cobbler could stretch them without issue?
2. i want to wear these with the shaft of the boot tucked _under_ my pants (or pants over the boot shaft, w/e). i anticipate wearing them mainly with slim-straight jeans that measure 19cm / 7.5" across the leg opening. he told me that i would be able to do that without any problem, but has a fit pic (here) with his pants tucked into the jeans which gives me some doubts...i really dislike the boot tuck on side/backzips. he said the top of the boot shaft measures 35cm / 13.75" in circumference. unfortunately i don't have any good boots to compare it with (the main reason i want them...). just comparing my hem measurement to the shaft it seems like it shouldn't be a problem but i also don't want my jeans to look incredibly stiff near my calves. anyone have any idea if that would work?

i'd really appreciate any input on this. thanks in advance guys.
post #5669 of 13609
I actually like the color tellure received though I too wish it was darker. The darker color looks even purplish, which is cool.

Default gray will be cool in a reverse leather type. Maybe bison for more texture / fuzziness and it will also be darker due to the sponginess of the hand versus smooth leather.
post #5670 of 13609
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurm View Post

someone else posted these a1923 backzips a while back, and now i'm strongly considering getting them. the price is 625€ / $845, including international shipping and paypal fees. they don't really appear to have much wear so it seems like a pretty good deal.
i just have two main concerns:
1. they're marked size 43 and the seller said they fit tts with an insole, but could fit bigger without. i'm a true size 44. he said the insole measures 29cm / 11.4" which seemed pretty comparable to my shoes. would it be reasonable or overly optimistic to expect these to fit? if they were a bit too tight, do you think a cobbler could stretch them without issue?
2. i want to wear these with the shaft of the boot tucked _under_ my pants (or pants over the boot shaft, w/e). i anticipate wearing them mainly with slim-straight jeans that measure 19cm / 7.5" across the leg opening. he told me that i would be able to do that without any problem, but has a fit pic (here) with his pants tucked into the jeans which gives me some doubts...i really dislike the boot tuck on side/backzips. he said the top of the boot shaft measures 35cm / 13.75" in circumference. unfortunately i don't have any good boots to compare it with (the main reason i want them...). just comparing my hem measurement to the shaft it seems like it shouldn't be a problem but i also don't want my jeans to look incredibly stiff near my calves. anyone have any idea if that would work?
i'd really appreciate any input on this. thanks in advance guys.

wurm we pmed about this, those a1923 are TTS, if you are a true 11 (44) your toe will be all the way in front where the toe upturns in the boot,

what does your foot measure see http://brannock.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/009275.1.041718497200009488,

here are measurements from aurevoiretmerci when i bought them:
Backzip boot 43/44
Outsole: 31,5cm/32cm
Height: 24,5cm/24,5cm
Heel height: 2,75cm/2,75cm
Max width: 10,5cm/10,75cm
Width at toebox: 9,5cm/9,75cm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***