or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** - Page 360

post #5386 of 12976
so they made this site even gayer than it already was with no comment bubbles, lol

now its like facebook
post #5387 of 12976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

"yo son you're an awful, turd of a person for what you said... great shoes though!" uhoh.gif

since he doesn't browse SF (afaik), the comment wasn't made to anyone but about someone. it would be more like:
'that guy is kind of a dick but his shoes are cool.'
which doesn't seem weird to me
post #5388 of 12976
also, i never use, nor has my writing ever suggested i use "yo son"
post #5389 of 12976
lets move on fellas
post #5390 of 12976

sind - what's the code on those ccp boots? cul-ptc or something else

post #5391 of 12976
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds74 View Post

sind - what's the code on those ccp boots? cul-ptc or something else

LM/2601LINED SBUC-PTC/010 - O. D. LINED DIAGONAL ZIP "GOODYEAR" BOOTS 100% LE in a size 09

curious why you ask?
post #5392 of 12976
Guidi boots retrospective over the past 2 1/2 years, proof that expensive boots are meant to be worn hard. This is the mileage they got out of their first set of vibrams - I've worn them travelling, hiking, through mud and swamps and a flood, snow, rain, hail.

*warning, lots of boring pictures of me standing in front of things*
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Japan
282Ky.jpg

Korea
HFBlC.jpg

Taiwan
YUtJp.jpg

India
Fyxly.jpg

Vietnam - pre-rain, you can still see original gold color
nuRSE.jpg

The rain that washed the color out, completely black after this
Ek6Np.jpg

Cambodia
icMM0.jpg

Singapore
NOo4q.jpg

Malaysia
UfshB.jpg

Macau
1WJmU.jpg

Hong Kong
vHd25.jpg

Laos
tTIWx.jpg


...and last week, again in Laos. Still looking good
BUbxz.jpg
post #5393 of 12976
I want to see a close up!
post #5394 of 12976
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

LM/2601LINED SBUC-PTC/010 - O. D. LINED DIAGONAL ZIP "GOODYEAR" BOOTS 100% LE in a size 09

curious why you ask?

Because the code 'sbuc-ptc' or 'cul-ptc' denotes the leather used for the boot and wether it is reversed or standard.
post #5395 of 12976
Quote:
Originally Posted by eton97 View Post

Because the code 'sbuc-ptc' or 'cul-ptc' denotes the leather used for the boot and wether it is reversed or standard.

dude you can tell in the pic they are non-reverse.

additionally, there are several other codes for cordovan (see below) and the tanning makes a difference. for example luc-ptc and sbuc-ptc are both non reverse bt dyed differently

CUL-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the scar side (which is its reverse side), vegetable tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather brown, so it can be dyed only with dark colours.
LUC-PTC is the same leather, but used on the regular non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUL-PTC.
CUBS-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the scar side (which is its reverse side), white tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather white, so it can be dyed with any colour.
SBUC-PTC is the same leather, but used on the regular, non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUBS-PTC.

just in case people are curious in future
sizing for ccl = -2
i am a us11 and took a 9 in ccp. you can always take out the insole for extra room.
post #5396 of 12976
Thank you. I know all this. I was merely answering your question 'curious why you ask?'
He asked what the code was so obviously was interested in the leather.
And, FYI, I did not mean reversed as in your classic reverse 'furry leather'. I meant as in luc or cul.
First pair of CCP?

I certainly would not say to size down -2 sizes for CCP footwear. Not sure whats ups with sinnedk'd pair, but from my experience they are kinda tts depending on the leather chosen.
Edited by eton97 - 1/13/13 at 11:33am
post #5397 of 12976
Quote:
Originally Posted by eton97 View Post

Thank you. I know all this. I was merely answering your question 'curious why you ask?'
He asked what the code was so obviously was interested in the leather.
And, FYI, I did not mean reversed as in your classic reverse 'furry leather'. I meant as in luc or cul.
First pair of CCP?

And, readers, I certainly would not say to size down -2 sizes for CCP footwear. Not sure whats ups with sinnedk'd pair, but from my experience they are kinda tts depending on the leather chosen.

you werent the one that asked and the other guy could of been wondering sbuc vs luc... in which case i wanted to have a convo re: tanning process so dont assume for him.

yes this is first pair of ccp but idk what that has to do with your questioning and fwiw eck sized down 2 in the boots maybe your tts is the derbies? additionally, my ccp insole says 44 on the back of it which is my exact size so i highly doubt its my particular pair. however, i know from past seassons that ccp has been all over the place in sizing.
post #5398 of 12976
Thread Starter 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

dude you can tell in the pic they are non-reverse.

additionally, there are several other codes for cordovan (see below) and the tanning makes a difference. for example luc-ptc and sbuc-ptc are both non reverse bt dyed differently

CUL-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the scar side (which is its reverse side), vegetable tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather brown, so it can be dyed only with dark colours.
LUC-PTC is the same leather, but used on the regular non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUL-PTC.
CUBS-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the scar side (which is its reverse side), white tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather white, so it can be dyed with any colour.
SBUC-PTC is the same leather, but used on the regular, non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUBS-PTC.

just in case people are curious in future
sizing for ccl = -2
i am a us11 and took a 9 in ccp. you can always take out the insole for extra room.
LOL- this thread.

Funny thing about that list- I'm pretty sure when I posted it, I got it from Eton97 or maybe he posted it on here first, LOL. FWIW- Eton97 and the Paris crew are probably the most knowledgable people on the interwebz regarding Carol's work.

Re: CCP sizing it's all over the place- do your HW on the leather/model you are buying and keep your fingers crossed. I went down one to a 6uk in CCP, my normal is a UK7/US8/41.
post #5399 of 12976
lol8[1].gif
post #5400 of 12976
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckblk View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
LOL- this thread.

Funny thing about that list- I'm pretty sure when I posted it, I got it from Eton97 or maybe he posted it on here first, LOL. FWIW- Eton97 and the Paris crew are probably the most knowledgable people on the interwebz regarding Carol's work.

Re: CCP sizing it's all over the place- do your HW on the leather/model you are buying and keep your fingers crossed. I went down one to a 6uk in CCP, my normal is a UK7/US8/41.

Actually I got it from the office not eton
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***