or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** - Page 307

post #4591 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsway View Post

I just got a pair in, and mine look perfectly fine/ not rotten. 


hey i am really sorry Giantsway, i was busy with 2 jerks talking crap,

full quote nice boots, enjoy and give details biggrin.gif
post #4592 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

I'll take this as a formal acceptance of your complete ineptitude at discussing... anything.
Do you want to talk about Pokemon instead, maybe? Is that more up your alley? confused.gif

yes pokeymanz is the best amirite? there are like 500 bajillion of them and they're all so cute and fierce and awesome and omg blowing mah minddddddddd

but seriously, stop trying so hard to defend your e-bro. there's nothing to discuss here. sinnedk is not an authority on baller streetwear, despite his claims otherwise. leave it to the people who actually know what they're talking about, like eck.
post #4593 of 12943
Where did he claim to be an authority on anything?
post #4594 of 12943
....and I'll take the last word. Thanks.

These pics are from the Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke thread on MC. None of the shoes are mine.

Iguana:


Hatchgrain and croc norwegian, with norwegian construction:


Some nice chukkas


One of the nicest hand made heels and bevelled waists:


post #4595 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

yes pokeymanz is the best amirite? there are like 500 bajillion of them and they're all so cute and fierce and awesome and omg blowing mah minddddddddd
but seriously, stop trying so hard to defend your e-bro. there's nothing to discuss here. sinnedk is not an authority on baller streetwear, despite his claims otherwise. leave it to the people who actually know what they're talking about, like eck.

I fucking love pokemon.
post #4596 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsway View Post

The boots I posted are those same boots- I just treated mine with Obenaufs and wore them for a day. 

What did they look like before you treated them? Any pics?
post #4597 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdude View Post

Those look great! Do you guys know if layer-0s go ever on sale?  I am wondering if iI should wait till say December or just pay retail now? (btw  i am size 44)
These boots seems to be the best bang for the buck ( design/quality vs price)  compared to Augustas ( I looove the new double zip wrinkle boot but 2k is waaaay out of my budget ) or MA+ and so i am seroiosly tempted to go ahead and get them now! 

Rarely.
post #4598 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsway View Post

The boots I posted are those same boots- I just treated mine with Obenaufs and wore them for a day. 

 

Wait, you used leather conditioner on a new pair of layer-0? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of paying a ton for boots with an expensive leather treatment?

post #4599 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

 

Wait, you used leather conditioner on a new pair of layer-0? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of paying a ton for boots with an expensive leather treatment?The

 

No- I paid for the leather (which is nice), the shape (which I like) and the construction. They weren't treated heavily, and just like any other pair of boots that has sat on the shelf for a while unsold, they dried out a bit. Most of the baller boots are untreated in any way leather conditioner would affect. If they're treated, it's by destroying the leather (with whatever implements they use), by scarring it, whatever. But only a few are treated otherwise (waxing, etc), and those I wouldn't treat.

 

These boots just have a more visible grain on one, but are otherwise untreated (specially). 

 

 

 

Quote:
What did they look like before you treated them? Any pics?

 

They looked the same as the PNP picture- a bit dried, the grain very visible, very stiff. They just dried out on the shelf as they've been out a while and stores don't treat them. 

post #4600 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsway View Post

No- I paid for the leather (which is nice), the shape (which I like) and the construction. They weren't treated heavily, and just like any other pair of boots that has sat on the shelf for a while unsold, they dried out a bit. Most of the baller boots are untreated in any way leather conditioner would affect. If they're treated, it's by destroying the leather (with whatever implements they use), by scarring it, whatever. But only a few are treated otherwise (waxing, etc), and those I wouldn't treat.

These boots just have a more visible grain on one, but are otherwise untreated (specially). 

They looked the same as the PNP picture- a bit dried, the grain very visible, very stiff. They just dried out on the shelf as they've been out a while and stores don't treat them. 

They are from AW12, and they have been on the shelf and dried out? Not saying much about the leather.

I thought you would go with the 'weather is bad that's why' reason for conditioning.
post #4601 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

Moo is right, sw&d are like a bunch of little girls most of the time (save for a few cool gents). ... Seriously, grow a pair and stop wetting your panties.

Abraxis, you over react like a woman and all your derbies are ugly!

You're in no position to be questioning the maturity of others. That said, it's understandable how you fit in perfectly well in MC with this attitude.
post #4602 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzairh View Post


They are from AW12, and they have been on the shelf and dried out? Not saying much about the leather.
I thought you would go with the 'weather is bad that's why' reason for conditioning.

Those are not from AW12 afaik- and they are dried out is why they look weird. But yes, the weather is bad is also a reason. 

 

TO CLARIFY- Mine were dried out when I got them. They were not treated in an interesting/ weird way. They were simply dry. This lead to an intensely grainy look. Because they were dried out, I put leather conditioner on them. Now they no longer look dried out, and they are soft and comfortable. This is only my experience, and I make only guesses as to why they were so. 

post #4603 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

You're in no position to be questioning the maturity of others. That said, it's understandable how you fit in perfectly well in MC with this attitude.

move on, we are back to shoes n boots
post #4604 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsway View Post

Those are not from AW12 afaik- and they are dried out is why they look weird. But yes, the weather is bad is also a reason. 

TO CLARIFY- Mine were dried out when I got them. They were not treated in an interesting/ weird way. They were simply dry. This lead to an intensely grainy look. Because they were dried out, I put leather conditioner on them. Now they no longer look dried out, and they are soft and comfortable. This is only my experience, and I make only guesses as to why they were so. 

Then which season are they from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzairh View Post

Yup, they look fine. This looks like a whole different leather/treatment.
The ones I saw looked nothing like these.
See second and third pics:http://www.pnp-firenze.blogspot.com/2012/07/layer-0-fw-12-13-back-zip-boots.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsway View Post

The boots I posted are those same boots- I just treated mine with Obenaufs and wore them for a day. 

You say they are the same as the ones on PNP, and those are from AW12.

The ones from Lazzari and PNP have the same style, but the leathers look very different up close.
Lazzari:


PNP:
post #4605 of 12943
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzairh View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Then which season are they from?
You say they are the same as the ones on PNP, and those are from AW12.
The ones from Lazzari and PNP have the same style, but the leathers look very different up close.
Lazzari:

PNP:

lazzari looks like calf
pnp is bison for sure, i held them at downtown sf, its a good shoe, too distressed for my liking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***