or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** - Page 126

post #1876 of 12611
I've had one of his shirts before, highllyyyy underrated brand IMO, material and construction was legit for the price. Not sure about the footwear though....
post #1877 of 12611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Don't buy Guidi if you have anything other than narrow feet.

Welllllll, SHIT. I thought I had found my jam.

Anybody have any suggestions for a similiar profile/ quality in horse...but for wider feet?

Time to start this whole laborious finding-a-black-boot thing from the beginning. Just some brands to get me started would be appreciated. And thanks eck and others for help with the stupid Guidis.

Edit: nvm i know there a ton of brands, i'll start looking again and maybe ask for help when i've narrowed it down
post #1878 of 12611
Thread Starter 
What size are you? I will find you some Carpes.

Did you want lace ups or zip ups?
post #1879 of 12611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shoes View Post

Welllllll, SHIT. I thought I had found my jam.
Anybody have any suggestions for a similiar profile/ quality in horse...but for wider feet?
Time to start this whole laborious finding-a-black-boot thing from the beginning. Just some brands to get me started would be appreciated. And thanks eck and others for help with the stupid Guidis.
Edit: nvm i know there a ton of brands, i'll start looking again and maybe ask for help when i've narrowed it down
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckblk View Post

What size are you? I will find you some Carpes.
Did you want lace ups or zip ups?

eck if he is shopping in guidi range, this seems like something of interest http://www.wjk-exclusive.com/item/boots/index.html
post #1880 of 12611
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckblk View Post

What size are you? I will find you some Carpes.
Did you want lace ups or zip ups?

Lace ups probably but I'm down for some zips if they are the right ones. To be clear, I'm not looking for anything refined. I tend to beat the hell out of my clothes and I like clothes that not only take it, but look better because of it.

So as far as boots go, I'm looking for something that I can wear everyday, that require minimal care, and will look better with age.

Will pair mostly with denim.

I thought I had found the answer with Guidis...so I guess that aesthetic, but for a wider foot.

Edit: size 44/45 in most.
Edited by Two Shoes - 3/26/12 at 8:50pm
post #1881 of 12611
anyone think i can solicit answers over on SZ about nicolo ceschi berrini footwear?

seems like most of these artisan brand footwear fit slim : (

i am nearly flat footed.
post #1882 of 12611
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

eck if he is shopping in guidi range, this seems like something of interest http://www.wjk-exclusive.com/item/boots/index.html

Total anecdotal evidence, but for the price range, Jun hashimoto boots seem to have a lot better quality/construction and better/more interesting leathers than WJK boots. WJK is still a higher profile brand in Japan, and carries a premium that I don't feel is worth it. Jun Hashimoto's bridle leather, waxed heavy horse, destroyed horse, cordovan, etc. are all as good as Carpe was using.

Jun Hashimoto basically copies Carpe too, while the WJK toe box is slightly different. I don't like the shape as much, but it's barely noticeable when worn.
Edited by nicelynice - 3/26/12 at 10:24pm
post #1883 of 12611
Thread Starter 
^^^

I just recently read about why Jun Hashimoto left WJK. I knew about the connection to CDiem/Altieri. I agree- if you going the WJK route look into Jun Hashimoto instead (or at least).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

eck if he is shopping in guidi range, this seems like something of interest http://www.wjk-exclusive.com/item/boots/index.html

I don't know you mean buy Guidi range- It's all over the place. That being said I just a got a brand new pair of Cdiem 7 holes for what some Guidi models cost- it will be my new beater boot for rainy days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shoes View Post


Lace ups probably but I'm down for some zips if they are the right ones. To be clear, I'm not looking for anything refined. I tend to beat the hell out of my clothes and I like clothes that not only take it, but look better because of it.
So as far as boots go, I'm looking for something that I can wear everyday, that require minimal care, and will look better with age.
Will pair mostly with denim.
I thought I had found the answer with Guidis...so I guess that aesthetic, but for a wider foot.
Edit: size 44/45 in most.

There is a mint condition S23M size 44l aceup in deer skin on yahoo jp. right now.

Here's the link- It's black, the photos are terrible.

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h162776577
Edited by eckblk - 3/26/12 at 11:05pm
post #1884 of 12611
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

Total anecdotal evidence, but for the price range, Jun hashimoto boots seem to have a lot better quality/construction and better/more interesting leathers than WJK boots. WJK is still a higher profile brand in Japan, and carries a premium that I don't feel is worth it. Jun Hashimoto's bridle leather, waxed heavy horse, destroyed horse, cordovan, etc. are all as good as Carpe was using.
Jun Hashimoto basically copies Carpe too, while the WJK toe box is slightly different. I don't like the shape as much, but it's barely noticeable when worn.

so i googled Jun hashimoto and thats what came up
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckblk View Post

^^^
I just recently read about why Jun Hashimoto left WJK. I knew about the connection to CDiem/Altieri. I agree- if you going the WJK route look into Jun Hashimoto instead (or at least).
I don't know you mean buy Guidi range- It's all over the place. I can probably get a special ordered 995 or 795Z for under 700usd later this summer. That being said I just a got a brand new pair of Cdiem 7 holes for relatively cheap- it will be my new beater boot for rainy days.
There is a mint condition S23M size 44l aceup in deer skin on yahoo jp. right now.
Here's the link- It's black, the photos are terrible.
http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h162776577

do you have link to any of his actual stuff (Jun hashimoto), all i find is wjk
post #1885 of 12611
Thread Starter 
Augusta/A1923/Adiciannoveventitre SS12 is starting to drop- Here's Layers London buy- I'm not a fan at all this season.

http://www.layerslondon.com/clothing/menswear/footwear/boots/horse_double_zip_boots.html
post #1886 of 12611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

so i googled Jun hashimoto and thats what came up
do you have link to any of his actual stuff (Jun hashimoto), all i find is wjk

http://www.viva-jp.com/junhashimoto/
post #1887 of 12611
man their backzips look almost exactly like s40s. drool. no 39 though frown.gif
post #1888 of 12611
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckblk View Post

Augusta/A1923/Adiciannoveventitre SS12 is starting to drop- Here's Layers London buy- I'm not a fan at all this season.
http://www.layerslondon.com/clothing/menswear/footwear/boots/horse_double_zip_boots.html

omg, icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif ,sick but sooo expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckblk View Post

http://www.viva-jp.com/junhashimoto/

thanks
post #1889 of 12611
Thread Starter 
ScreenShot2012-03-27at13329AM.png

ScreenShot2012-03-27at13447AM.png

ScreenShot2012-03-27at13459AM.png
post #1890 of 12611
I'm really loving the color on these. Would never wear them though:

469
Edited by dmash - 3/27/12 at 1:43pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min***