Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on Yesterday at 9:59 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 644post #9647 of 212501/10/14 at 8:35amThread Starterpost #9648 of 212501/10/14 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by shady_2001
CCP was previously made by premiata, which is alright, I guess, to the average guy on the street, but absolute crap for the prices you were paying.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Now, i'm not sure, but his footwear is still uncomfortable as all hell. I tried them on, even the latex sneakers, and paying 2.5k to walk in pain wearing slightly cool shoes...no thanks.
So in that respect, a1923 is an improvement, although the leather can be stiff depending on cut, type and construction. Can you get better for your money? Of course.
From what I've seen, nothing still beats cdiem in terms of value for money, style, and good quality. Maybe wjk on sale can be strongly considered as a practical alternative (also, they're like 98% similar).
In terms of quality, some mmoria styles are unquestionably the best (but $$$$$), then comes recent IS and ma+ which I am almost certain use the same factory (someone want to confirm this? I base my claim on the astonishing similarity of the sole and construction). Layer-0 I think is also very good, but no personal experience.
Also, guidi is crap for construction. Yeah, their leather is excellent, but that's because they're a tannery. Not a bootmaker.
Not true, CCP designed for Premiata one (see link, there are a few other places that say the same, feel free and search) which is why they have a slight resemblance at times. If you ever handled Premiata you would instantly know its not CCP.
RE: comfort, I have both a1923 and CCP. CCP was comfortable from start and a1923 was a grueling break in period.
RE: Mmoria quality is great but nothing good other than thatpost #9649 of 212501/10/14 at 12:34pmpost #9650 of 212501/10/14 at 1:05pmpost #9651 of 212501/10/14 at 6:16pmpost #9652 of 212501/10/14 at 6:30pmpost #9653 of 212501/10/14 at 7:44pmQuote:The pattern-maker has changed. Previously you'd see Shin Takeda's name on everything. The last two seasons have been predominantly Khodai Fujiwara. Shin is still working for Daisuke though.post #9654 of 212501/10/14 at 9:13pmQuote:
Well, there's optimal, and then there's optimal. If some of the CM threads are any indication, hand-welted construction, as opposed to Goodyear, Blake, or Blake rapid welting, has a small but fervent group of adherents. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that a custom pair of hand-welted Vass boots would be more comfortable and longer-lasting than boots by any maker commonly discussed in this threak. The downside would be living with the shame of owning boots that would be considered "of the good taste".post #9655 of 212501/11/14 at 3:55amVass is very good (and some styles are excellent btw), but so is memoria in terms of welting; the ones I saw were impeccably norwegian welted and had a sole that was nothing short of incredible.
ma+ I believe uses a blake variant for most products, but obviously executed with care and attention to the sole, shape and outcome. sadly I have no wish to, nor can I even afford to take apart a boot for closer inspection, so I also appreciate others' input, and correct me where i'm wrong.
as for guidi, just look at the roughness and lack of detail in the sole - it really is the most basic of constructions, believe me, all the 400$ menswear shoes that are recommended on this forum far exceed it. it's just a leather sock. but that explains why it's almost 50% cheaper I guess.post #9656 of 212501/11/14 at 4:50ampost #9657 of 212501/11/14 at 10:09ampost #9658 of 212501/11/14 at 10:22ampost #9659 of 212501/11/14 at 11:29amQuote:
buttero has a buttero japan website (http://www.buttero.jp/store.html) lots of options but prices are overly inflated, i'd wait for barneys to restock thempost #9660 of 212501/11/14 at 11:31amQuote:Originally Posted by sinnedk
buttero has a buttero japan website (http://www.buttero.jp/store.html) lots of options but prices are overly inflated, i'd wait for barneys to restock them
Barneys has them in a full run of sizes but surprise surprise-no 39.
Buttero JP doesnt have the tall model but even if they did, I wouldnt-with import duties calculated i'll end up paying almost twice as much as I would buying from Europe.
It's so surprising and weird the Buttero website for Italy has such little stock compared to the JP one =/
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 14 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for great shorts (hitting knee) in Rust colour 28 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 30 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding