Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 3/20/17 at 6:33pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 644post #9647 of 228701/10/14 at 8:35amThread Starterpost #9648 of 228701/10/14 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by shady_2001
CCP was previously made by premiata, which is alright, I guess, to the average guy on the street, but absolute crap for the prices you were paying.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Now, i'm not sure, but his footwear is still uncomfortable as all hell. I tried them on, even the latex sneakers, and paying 2.5k to walk in pain wearing slightly cool shoes...no thanks.
So in that respect, a1923 is an improvement, although the leather can be stiff depending on cut, type and construction. Can you get better for your money? Of course.
From what I've seen, nothing still beats cdiem in terms of value for money, style, and good quality. Maybe wjk on sale can be strongly considered as a practical alternative (also, they're like 98% similar).
In terms of quality, some mmoria styles are unquestionably the best (but $$$$$), then comes recent IS and ma+ which I am almost certain use the same factory (someone want to confirm this? I base my claim on the astonishing similarity of the sole and construction). Layer-0 I think is also very good, but no personal experience.
Also, guidi is crap for construction. Yeah, their leather is excellent, but that's because they're a tannery. Not a bootmaker.
Not true, CCP designed for Premiata one (see link, there are a few other places that say the same, feel free and search) which is why they have a slight resemblance at times. If you ever handled Premiata you would instantly know its not CCP.
RE: comfort, I have both a1923 and CCP. CCP was comfortable from start and a1923 was a grueling break in period.
RE: Mmoria quality is great but nothing good other than thatpost #9649 of 228701/10/14 at 12:34pmpost #9650 of 228701/10/14 at 1:05pmpost #9651 of 228701/10/14 at 6:16pmpost #9652 of 228701/10/14 at 6:30pmpost #9653 of 228701/10/14 at 7:44pmQuote:The pattern-maker has changed. Previously you'd see Shin Takeda's name on everything. The last two seasons have been predominantly Khodai Fujiwara. Shin is still working for Daisuke though.post #9654 of 228701/10/14 at 9:13pmQuote:
Well, there's optimal, and then there's optimal. If some of the CM threads are any indication, hand-welted construction, as opposed to Goodyear, Blake, or Blake rapid welting, has a small but fervent group of adherents. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that a custom pair of hand-welted Vass boots would be more comfortable and longer-lasting than boots by any maker commonly discussed in this threak. The downside would be living with the shame of owning boots that would be considered "of the good taste".post #9655 of 228701/11/14 at 3:55amVass is very good (and some styles are excellent btw), but so is memoria in terms of welting; the ones I saw were impeccably norwegian welted and had a sole that was nothing short of incredible.
ma+ I believe uses a blake variant for most products, but obviously executed with care and attention to the sole, shape and outcome. sadly I have no wish to, nor can I even afford to take apart a boot for closer inspection, so I also appreciate others' input, and correct me where i'm wrong.
as for guidi, just look at the roughness and lack of detail in the sole - it really is the most basic of constructions, believe me, all the 400$ menswear shoes that are recommended on this forum far exceed it. it's just a leather sock. but that explains why it's almost 50% cheaper I guess.post #9656 of 228701/11/14 at 4:50ampost #9657 of 228701/11/14 at 10:09ampost #9658 of 228701/11/14 at 10:22ampost #9659 of 228701/11/14 at 11:29amQuote:
buttero has a buttero japan website (http://www.buttero.jp/store.html) lots of options but prices are overly inflated, i'd wait for barneys to restock thempost #9660 of 228701/11/14 at 11:31amQuote:Originally Posted by sinnedk
buttero has a buttero japan website (http://www.buttero.jp/store.html) lots of options but prices are overly inflated, i'd wait for barneys to restock them
Barneys has them in a full run of sizes but surprise surprise-no 39.
Buttero JP doesnt have the tall model but even if they did, I wouldnt-with import duties calculated i'll end up paying almost twice as much as I would buying from Europe.
It's so surprising and weird the Buttero website for Italy has such little stock compared to the JP one =/
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 47 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 56 seconds ago
- › Funny Catch Phrases 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...