Eton, I feel the same way about the BBS leather jacket/raincoat with metal objects incorporated into the collar. The thing looks good but I would probably not feel comfortable wearing it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 3/20/17 at 6:33pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 628post #9406 of 2290312/24/13 at 2:18pmpost #9407 of 2290312/24/13 at 2:18pmReceived the M.A+ fold derby, feels like the 42 is a bit big but might just be the upturned toe? I mean it is still comfortable and my feet doesn't slip once the laces are tied and I also placed an insole in there and it made it better but it does seem long still but it might just be me not being used to the toe?
Opinions? Haven't really seen much fit pics for comparison.post #9408 of 2290312/24/13 at 2:19pmpost #9409 of 2290312/24/13 at 2:21pmpost #9410 of 2290312/24/13 at 2:24pmpost #9411 of 2290312/24/13 at 2:25pmpost #9412 of 2290312/24/13 at 2:26pmpost #9413 of 2290312/24/13 at 2:31pmpost #9414 of 2290312/24/13 at 2:32pmCheers jbravo
Lol. I'm not very inventive with my poses. At least it's a clean mirror and a clear shot ;-)
Shah....I hear you on the low top, but I still can't deal with the latex peeling away etc. also never liked roo leather which is predominantly what CCP makes sneakers from. Too soft and thin for me.post #9415 of 2290312/24/13 at 2:42pmpost #9416 of 2290312/24/13 at 2:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by eton97
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I've owned both. 100% Augusta sneakers for me, for several reasons.
1) the CCP are way too 'statement' for me. I loved 'owning' them but I found when I wanted to wear sneakers i'd reach for my Augusta sneaks, and when I wanted boots, I'd reach for workboots or tornadoes.
The dipped sole was just too much for me. It took the sneaks to a level that was 'too' edgey.
2) I don't mind paying serious $$$ for something that will last for years. Yes the Augusta sneakers are expensive, but I will get them vibramed so the soles are never damaged, and they will last for years in generally perfect condition.
The soles on the CCP wear down and are pretty much not replaceable. Plus the rubber drip eventually peels away from the leather sides and looses its colour. So IMO there is a very finite life time to the sneaks before they pretty much look completely fucked. I have a problem with that, considering the cost.
So Augusta sneaks win hands down for me.
Just my opinion.
thanks for the insight, i never considered the ccp drips but knowing they cannot be maintained is definitely a deal breaker for me.Quote:Originally Posted by eton97
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
kick ass jacket!post #9417 of 2290312/24/13 at 3:34pm
CCP drips are ugly as fuck and look like a gimmick as Isachenko would say (sorry). The price for some of these disposable "baller" sneakers are just stupid, with drips near the top of the list.
The a1923 eton posted are the only "baller"sneakers I've seen that I'd consider owning, they look good and are resolable.post #9418 of 2290312/24/13 at 3:39pmpost #9419 of 2290312/24/13 at 3:44pmpost #9420 of 2290312/24/13 at 3:51pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 12 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 20 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 21 minutes ago
- › A weird question, in which of the following scenarios you would... 24 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 28 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 30 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 32 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 33 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...