Tacco insoles can be cut to fit with scissors. I have done it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on Today at 4:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 555
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8312 of 2057610/9/13 at 12:06pmQuote:
It all depends on the leather. I have 41 (my normal size) backzip in baby calf and those fit tts or maybe even half a size bigger. So with horse I would definitely say go tts if they fit - even if very snug.post #8313 of 2057610/9/13 at 2:02pmpost #8314 of 2057610/9/13 at 5:22pmpost #8315 of 2057610/9/13 at 8:28pmpost #8316 of 2057610/9/13 at 8:34pmpost #8317 of 2057610/9/13 at 8:34pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by lxh
sizing help - thanks:
MMM side zips (cemented sole) 41
CP low achilles 41
nike / new balance size 9
tried on guidi 995 in horse - 42 way too tight. 43 felt better but still snug enough.
haven't had a chance to try on guidi 988. i hear they fit looser than the 995 since it's just a single of piece of leather - will a 42.5 work? or better to go down a full size to 42?
We are the same size. Just noticed your post. I think if you can try the shoe on you may like the 42.5. My 988 fits looser than 995, and your explanation makes sense regarding the single piece of leather. If I could I would size down to 42.5, otherwise, the 43 fit pretty well. And I hate saying this about footwear, but in this case the sock you wear also matters, at least in my experience. As I said, Uniqlo socks are thinner and the material blend clashes with the fully lined interior of the shoe. I have some thicker cotton socks and the fit is pretty snug. Of course, YMMV
FWIW your post is a good assurance for me since I think a 42 would also be too tight. I think a 42.5 is your best bet. And as others said, the shoes may stretch out. From what I can tell, it seems true given the leathers elasticity with wear.post #8318 of 2057610/10/13 at 3:59amQuote:
Odd. I haven't had any trouble with the laces riding or found I'd need any further holes for the laces. Are yours loose when worn? Mine are quite snug and I sized up one.post #8319 of 2057610/10/13 at 5:15ampost #8320 of 2057610/10/13 at 9:18ampost #8321 of 2057610/10/13 at 8:31pmpost #8322 of 2057610/10/13 at 8:45pmWell damn... Since the S52 I wanted got sold from this store I guess I'll give you a good spot.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/rpfstore/item/10289623/post #8323 of 2057610/10/13 at 9:12pmpost #8324 of 2057610/10/13 at 9:17pmpost #8325 of 2057610/10/13 at 11:40pmQuote:
sorry, i tried many back zip here on my local store, all models/leathers fits only 1 size small.
and also the leather will be stretch.
- The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..)
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden SHELL CORDOVAN Color 8 chukka boot size 8.5D 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best Tailor in Chicago for Alterations? 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?