Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on Yesterday at 6:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 549post #8222 of 226779/24/13 at 12:34pmpost #8223 of 226779/24/13 at 12:56pmpost #8224 of 226779/25/13 at 10:55amTrying to decide on purchasing these A1923 waxed boots..
These are size 10/43 and fit my size 9 US/42 feet with a bit of room but with thicker socks it should be perfect.
If I get these, CCP diagonal zips in scarred horse cordovan will have to wait..
Edited by Steel28 - 9/25/13 at 11:50ampost #8225 of 226779/25/13 at 11:31ampost #8226 of 226779/25/13 at 11:38ampost #8227 of 226779/25/13 at 10:50pm
hmm. got few very interesting offers to come in next weeks. so could part with some of current collection:
cdiem s63m double-layered backlace boots, perfect condition, size 42 fits 42-43, black on brown
pm me for details, chaps
actual photos, 26sept13
Edited by wormwood - 9/26/13 at 11:54ampost #8228 of 226779/26/13 at 4:12ampost #8229 of 226779/26/13 at 4:21amThread Starterpost #8230 of 226779/26/13 at 5:33ammy fairly worthless opinion would be to wait, i'm not a big fan of the augusta's because of the high distressing + reverse which makes it quite a specific kind of look. likewise, I believe oiled horse is the best leather that augusta makes, so maybe wait for that.
or cop the cdiems/avantindietros posted before, now those are timeless...post #8231 of 226779/26/13 at 9:31ampost #8232 of 226779/26/13 at 10:19ampost #8233 of 226779/26/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
Thanks guys, CCP will wait and I found much better price for the same A1923 boots done in culatta horse with slightly better finishing that I liked more (partly oiled culatta) that I'm aiming to get.post #8234 of 226779/26/13 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Steel28
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I havent posted in a bit. But the first question to ponder is do you want a lace up or a zip? You are comparing boots in the same aesthetic but different look. For lace-ups, i recommend layer-0 over a1923 based on the price + quality comparison. A1923 is getting out of hand price wise. For zips, you have many options. If sticking to the italian designers there is MA+, CCP, Guidi, all are great choices.
I feel that for the way you are dressed in the above pic you should go for a lace up. I may be wrong its just my first impression.
Other boot thoughts:
I am on a trip in Europe and have stopped by a few merchants. I wanted to give a few quick thoughts (mostly focused on footwear).
post #8235 of 226779/26/13 at 2:56pm
- Degli Effeti (rome) - pretty boring, had a lot of old season works. The only impressive things were the m_moira boots.
- motelsalieri (rome) - did not see anything cool, saw some aldens and trickers
- PN/P Firenze - I walked in here and i was like a kid in a toy store. Lots of amazing current selections. Layer-0 is quiet impressive, Guidi collection is huge as well. The rubberized guidi laceup were almost triple sole thick, and i fit a 45. Marco (i believe the owner) was super cordial and remembered me from the emails.
FYI, i came in in sneakers and shorts looking like a tourist snooping around. Marco came over to say hello and explain a bit about the brands because I guess he gets tourists walking in and not getting why shoes/clothing look they way they do. He also told me he is expecting a1923 soon and we had a laugh at the "supposed" arrival times (early october). Anyways i am not decided on a a pair of layer-0 but if any of you folks ever had reservations about buying from PN/P i say forget the reservations. Additionally, compared to the above 2 stores, I felt much more welcome. I guess its a Tuscan thing but it made a difference.
Cheers from Florence SF folk
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › All Styles Considered: An Arts Magazine from StyleForum Users 9 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 14 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 18 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 23 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 25 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 31 minutes ago
- › Navy tux with brown or black shoes? Wedding 34 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 42 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 55 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...