Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 11/28/15 at 12:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 549
Styleforum Top Picks
These are size 10/43 and fit my size 9 US/42 feet with a bit of room but with thicker socks it should be perfect.
If I get these, CCP diagonal zips in scarred horse cordovan will have to wait..
Edited by Steel28 - 9/25/13 at 11:50am
hmm. got few very interesting offers to come in next weeks. so could part with some of current collection:
cdiem s63m double-layered backlace boots, perfect condition, size 42 fits 42-43, black on brown
pm me for details, chaps
actual photos, 26sept13
Edited by wormwood - 9/26/13 at 11:54am
or cop the cdiems/avantindietros posted before, now those are timeless...
Thanks guys, CCP will wait and I found much better price for the same A1923 boots done in culatta horse with slightly better finishing that I liked more (partly oiled culatta) that I'm aiming to get.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I havent posted in a bit. But the first question to ponder is do you want a lace up or a zip? You are comparing boots in the same aesthetic but different look. For lace-ups, i recommend layer-0 over a1923 based on the price + quality comparison. A1923 is getting out of hand price wise. For zips, you have many options. If sticking to the italian designers there is MA+, CCP, Guidi, all are great choices.
I feel that for the way you are dressed in the above pic you should go for a lace up. I may be wrong its just my first impression.
Other boot thoughts:
I am on a trip in Europe and have stopped by a few merchants. I wanted to give a few quick thoughts (mostly focused on footwear).
- Degli Effeti (rome) - pretty boring, had a lot of old season works. The only impressive things were the m_moira boots.
- motelsalieri (rome) - did not see anything cool, saw some aldens and trickers
- PN/P Firenze - I walked in here and i was like a kid in a toy store. Lots of amazing current selections. Layer-0 is quiet impressive, Guidi collection is huge as well. The rubberized guidi laceup were almost triple sole thick, and i fit a 45. Marco (i believe the owner) was super cordial and remembered me from the emails.
FYI, i came in in sneakers and shorts looking like a tourist snooping around. Marco came over to say hello and explain a bit about the brands because I guess he gets tourists walking in and not getting why shoes/clothing look they way they do. He also told me he is expecting a1923 soon and we had a laugh at the "supposed" arrival times (early october). Anyways i am not decided on a a pair of layer-0 but if any of you folks ever had reservations about buying from PN/P i say forget the reservations. Additionally, compared to the above 2 stores, I felt much more welcome. I guess its a Tuscan thing but it made a difference.
Cheers from Florence SF folk
- The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 35 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › WTS - Alden of DC Cigar Shell Captoe Boots, 7D 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories