Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 9/11/16 at 5:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 506post #7576 of 217757/24/13 at 1:27ampost #7577 of 217757/24/13 at 4:42pmpost #7578 of 217757/24/13 at 4:45pmpost #7579 of 217757/25/13 at 1:55pmpost #7580 of 217757/25/13 at 2:14pmpost #7581 of 217757/25/13 at 2:26pmpost #7582 of 217757/25/13 at 3:24pm
With normal shoes, 1cm is fine. But people have said that Guidi should "fit like a glove."
I guess this means that the boots are too big for me? I'm hoping that somebody who has backzips will let me know how much extra space they have in the boot and how comfortable it is to wear it. Will heel slippage be reduced after the break in period?post #7583 of 217757/25/13 at 3:31pmpost #7584 of 217757/25/13 at 3:38pmSize down 1-2 full sizes for Guidi's. I'm a 40/41 an have a pair of 42 reversed calf backzips, which I may need to add an insole once the leather stretches out from normal wear.
If you have room in the toe and across the vamp, definitely size down some. Guidi's generally stretch out after breaking them, so that will not help with heel slippage. If you were able to try on a pair, why didn't you try on a smaller size to compare? Even if the smaller size wasn't the same colorway you wanted, at least you'd be able to compare.post #7585 of 217757/25/13 at 3:47pmpost #7586 of 217757/25/13 at 3:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Feji
Size downUP 1-2 full sizes for Guidi's. I'm a 40/41 an have a pair of 42 reversed calf backzips, which I may need to add an insole once the leather stretches out from normal wear.
If you have room in the toe and across the vamp, definitely size down some. Guidi's generally stretch out after breaking them, so that will not help with heel slippage. If you were able to try on a pair, why didn't you try on a smaller size to compare? Even if the smaller size wasn't the same colorway you wanted, at least you'd be able to compare.
FTFYpost #7587 of 217757/25/13 at 4:01pmpost #7588 of 217757/25/13 at 4:12pm
Thanks guys. I guess I should look for a pair with less than 0.5cm of extra length? Or is even that too much?
I found this blog about the Guidi factory.
I wonder how much the shoes cost at the manufacturing factory/office? Will the markup be significantly less? If you buy several pairs at once, will the savings outweigh the cost of an airplane ticket?post #7589 of 217757/25/13 at 10:02pmpost #7590 of 217757/26/13 at 10:16pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Epaulet & Howard Yount Trousers Blowout!! SIZE 32 and SIZE 33 2 minutes ago
- › Nike Air Max 1 Royal Leather-Trimmed Suede 9.5 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...