depends, the horse are -2 on sizing but bison are -1, kangaroo, idk, email the owner and get some measurements
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on Yesterday at 12:50 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 500post #7486 of 212317/11/13 at 7:42pmpost #7487 of 212317/11/13 at 7:46pm
That's great advice, thanks.
PN/P has them for about $100 cheaper but I don't like reverse leather.
I'll email PN/P and hide-m about MTO front kangaroo leather though. I hope that they don't charge extra for MTO.post #7488 of 212317/11/13 at 8:23pmpost #7489 of 212317/11/13 at 8:58pmpost #7490 of 212317/11/13 at 10:21pmpost #7491 of 212317/11/13 at 10:22pmpost #7492 of 212317/11/13 at 10:35pmpost #7493 of 212317/11/13 at 11:49pmpost #7494 of 212317/12/13 at 5:09amQuote:
I really think this 'formula' that people try and put on sizing is dangerous. A CCP 9 does not equal an 11....I have just sold my sz9 tornadoes in horse and they were 32cm long. I have poeple telling me they have CCP 32cm long that are sz8. I've owned bison CCP tornadoes in sz9 that were 32cm and still too small because of the internal volume. I have owned Augusta in anything from sz42 to sz44 which have all fitted.
Anything object dyed will react and shrink in its own unique way.
It's just best to get the outsole measurement and hope it works out.
BUT all my current CCP footwear (boots shoes and sneaks are sz9, all in different leathers, and I am 100% not a sz11. I'm a UK sz9, US sz10 and Eur sz43.
I have Augusta workboots in sz43, Augusta derbys in sz44 ( I tried the sz43 and couldn't even get my foot in) and I've just bought a pair of Augusta double zippers in sz44 which no doubt will be too big. Who knows......but following some formula is certainly not going to work.post #7495 of 212317/12/13 at 5:15am
It's actually quite amazing how many variations of boot simone brings out each season.
Haven't seen this one in this version. I've seen this zip config in a kind of wedge boot without a heel, and I've seen a tornadoe zipper with dead end detail. But not this.
The entire collection he does is pretty big. Just makes picking something all the more difficult
:-) like a kid in a candy shoppost #7496 of 212317/12/13 at 5:22am^and yet he still never replicated (to perfection) the Oiled Horse Z9 that was exclusive to Atelier a few years back. I still think that is the best lace up ever made I can fully appreciate the depth of his collections, however I feel practically every season I'm let down that there is not a supple work boot in its simplest form. I always feel there is something 'quirky' in every work boot offering. Either something added like a treatment, or perhaps a change in shape, or stitching......it seems there's always something off.
Maybe I just overanalyze each season because I'm so biased towards Holy Z9s. LoLpost #7497 of 212317/12/13 at 5:34amA bold statement my friend ;-)
IMO the best is the classic 6 hole workboot. The red soled version (from aw11 I think) was pretty amazing, but I have to say the heavy horse version I bought from aw12 is the best boot simone has made
The leather, creasing, fit, toe box shape, everything is perfection IMO
"I always feel there is something 'quirky' in every work boot offering.".....no quirks on this boot.
I actually find the higher boots like the z9 a pain in the ass to get on and off.post #7498 of 212317/12/13 at 5:39amOk, let me rephrase, a 'higher shafted' work boot like that of the Z9.
See, I 100% agree that those^ look great, however they're too short for what I'm wanting I feel the Z9 height offers the best versatility between if you want to tuck buttoms or leave them untucked. I like everything else about them but that.post #7499 of 212317/12/13 at 5:44amThread Starterpost #7500 of 212317/12/13 at 5:49am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
Currently, there are 1609 Active Users (264 Members and 1345 Guests)
- › Official Sales Alert thread 26 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 33 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › New jacket, shirt matching? 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding