depends, the horse are -2 on sizing but bison are -1, kangaroo, idk, email the owner and get some measurements
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on Yesterday at 8:52 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 500post #7486 of 224587/11/13 at 7:42pmpost #7487 of 224587/11/13 at 7:46pm
That's great advice, thanks.
PN/P has them for about $100 cheaper but I don't like reverse leather.
I'll email PN/P and hide-m about MTO front kangaroo leather though. I hope that they don't charge extra for MTO.post #7488 of 224587/11/13 at 8:23pmpost #7489 of 224587/11/13 at 8:58pmpost #7490 of 224587/11/13 at 10:21pmpost #7491 of 224587/11/13 at 10:22pmpost #7492 of 224587/11/13 at 10:35pmpost #7493 of 224587/11/13 at 11:49pmpost #7494 of 224587/12/13 at 5:09amQuote:
I really think this 'formula' that people try and put on sizing is dangerous. A CCP 9 does not equal an 11....I have just sold my sz9 tornadoes in horse and they were 32cm long. I have poeple telling me they have CCP 32cm long that are sz8. I've owned bison CCP tornadoes in sz9 that were 32cm and still too small because of the internal volume. I have owned Augusta in anything from sz42 to sz44 which have all fitted.
Anything object dyed will react and shrink in its own unique way.
It's just best to get the outsole measurement and hope it works out.
BUT all my current CCP footwear (boots shoes and sneaks are sz9, all in different leathers, and I am 100% not a sz11. I'm a UK sz9, US sz10 and Eur sz43.
I have Augusta workboots in sz43, Augusta derbys in sz44 ( I tried the sz43 and couldn't even get my foot in) and I've just bought a pair of Augusta double zippers in sz44 which no doubt will be too big. Who knows......but following some formula is certainly not going to work.post #7495 of 224587/12/13 at 5:15am
It's actually quite amazing how many variations of boot simone brings out each season.
Haven't seen this one in this version. I've seen this zip config in a kind of wedge boot without a heel, and I've seen a tornadoe zipper with dead end detail. But not this.
The entire collection he does is pretty big. Just makes picking something all the more difficult
:-) like a kid in a candy shoppost #7496 of 224587/12/13 at 5:22am^and yet he still never replicated (to perfection) the Oiled Horse Z9 that was exclusive to Atelier a few years back. I still think that is the best lace up ever made I can fully appreciate the depth of his collections, however I feel practically every season I'm let down that there is not a supple work boot in its simplest form. I always feel there is something 'quirky' in every work boot offering. Either something added like a treatment, or perhaps a change in shape, or stitching......it seems there's always something off.
Maybe I just overanalyze each season because I'm so biased towards Holy Z9s. LoLpost #7497 of 224587/12/13 at 5:34amA bold statement my friend ;-)
IMO the best is the classic 6 hole workboot. The red soled version (from aw11 I think) was pretty amazing, but I have to say the heavy horse version I bought from aw12 is the best boot simone has made
The leather, creasing, fit, toe box shape, everything is perfection IMO
"I always feel there is something 'quirky' in every work boot offering.".....no quirks on this boot.
I actually find the higher boots like the z9 a pain in the ass to get on and off.post #7498 of 224587/12/13 at 5:39amOk, let me rephrase, a 'higher shafted' work boot like that of the Z9.
See, I 100% agree that those^ look great, however they're too short for what I'm wanting I feel the Z9 height offers the best versatility between if you want to tuck buttoms or leave them untucked. I like everything else about them but that.post #7499 of 224587/12/13 at 5:44amThread Starterpost #7500 of 224587/12/13 at 5:49am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
Currently, there are 1338 Active Users (222 Members and 1116 Guests)
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Are enamel pins "in"? And how do you wear them? 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 13 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 13 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 14 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...