I know it is kind of weird but the laces are dead giveaways, A1923 have been using it for a while. HLorenzo even calls it work boots, which it kind of does.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 9/11/16 at 5:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 439post #6572 of 217554/23/13 at 6:12pmpost #6573 of 217554/23/13 at 6:33pmpost #6574 of 217554/23/13 at 7:41pmQuote:
A1923 has, I think, gotten this treatment in large part because CD and CCP remain sacred cows of SZ. For me, he question of copying comes down to: can I, at a glance, tell what brand put it out? And I'd guess hat above 95% of the time, I can. A-923 has a vision of the world, and it doesn't seem to copy as much as its accused of.post #6575 of 217554/23/13 at 8:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by RFX45
Not sure if posted A1923
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
stitching looks like Guidi but the sole/last is more a1923, i am a bit baffled, i think DBSS has something like this a while backQuote:Originally Posted by DividedWay
A1923 has, I think, gotten this treatment in large part because CD and CCP remain sacred cows of SZ. For me, he question of copying comes down to: can I, at a glance, tell what brand put it out? And I'd guess hat above 95% of the time, I can. A-923 has a vision of the world, and it doesn't seem to copy as much as its accused of.
I think it seems like a1923 copies but its more like he is influenced by CCP/CD. Simone is much more experimental with his leather treatments for example the heat changing boots moo has, or even the side zips / dual zips released recently, the latter 2 being a lot more distressed than any CD/CCP. It feels like a1923 does not have a staple shoe/boot but has surprises every year. Whereas CCP has specific boots that get made and thats it, kind of you know what you get which is good.
In fact, I dont see too many distressed CD, CD is more comparable to MA+.
See below, similar yes, but the same no....
Note: i tried on those side zips and they are ridiculously stiff, painful to wear, i couldnt see myself wearing thempost #6576 of 217554/24/13 at 1:24ampost #6577 of 217554/24/13 at 1:25ampost #6578 of 217554/24/13 at 1:36ampost #6579 of 217554/24/13 at 2:25ampost #6580 of 217554/24/13 at 5:32amThread StarterQuote:
super easy job for your cobbler. I'd leave them unless they are really green, I always assumed the beauty of these type shoes was the variations of "black".Quote:
SS13 back zip finally showing up at stores:
I think someone mentioned roo stretching quite a bit or something like that.
Edited by eckblk - 4/24/13 at 7:44ampost #6581 of 217554/24/13 at 7:40ampost #6582 of 217554/24/13 at 8:30amQuote:
Donkey stretches less - I'd avoid it for your first pair. Otherwise, 45 should be perfect.post #6583 of 217554/24/13 at 10:27amThread Starterpost #6584 of 217554/24/13 at 10:47amQuote:
Stretchiest to Least Stretchy:
Thinnest to Thickest:
(Donkey, Bison, and Horse are essentially the same except that Donkey has a shiny quality and Bison has a much more visible grain to its leather)Quote:
I wear a 42. All A1923 are stiff. They break-in and mold to your foot, but you have to put in the effort for a break-in period. Up to the customer whether that's a viable ordeal.
43 MMM Sneakers
42 MMM Sidezips
9 Converse Chucks
10 Nike Free
Hope that provides some insight. Of course, each model of A1923 has its own fit quirks and issues. So tread with caution and try on in person or have a good return policy backing you up.
EDIT: Updated based on information about Guidi leather from retailers
Edited by candrew - 4/25/13 at 10:58ampost #6585 of 217554/24/13 at 11:09am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 30 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Bulcher / Derby with suit? 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 16 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...