995 guidis in solid condition. Could cost a bit for shipping but it still seems like a good deal. Wish they were one size smaller.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 7/7/16 at 9:01pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 438post #6556 of 215644/22/13 at 4:55pmpost #6557 of 215644/22/13 at 8:04pmpost #6558 of 215644/22/13 at 9:01pmpost #6559 of 215644/22/13 at 10:17pmThread Starterpost #6560 of 215644/22/13 at 10:40pmQuote:
The fit is great. I wear 43 in Guidi 991 and these in 42.
Slimmer than usual A1923 laceups with bulbous toes.
Definitely close to CCP zips in terms of fit and style.
As cool as the seamless ones sound, I really like the details of these sidezips.
The details help to emphasize that roughness of A1923 that I like.
It veers away from the clean seamless uppers of Guidi zip boots or the other A1923 backzips in the past which felt a bit too plain to me.
These have horse on the vamp and front shaft, and culatta on the back shaft and heel. It creates some interesting texture play.
Many thanks to Paul at The Serpentine for helping me.post #6561 of 215644/23/13 at 6:35amThread Starterpost #6562 of 215644/23/13 at 8:14amQuote:
Quoting this because I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe Eck you could give us your opinion on them ? Would be great!post #6563 of 215644/23/13 at 8:56amThey seem very durable to me, all the stitching and finishing is done very well as to be expected. The fabric feels nice and dense with some give to it.
Some people say the stitching at the hem may come undone over time but mine doesn't show any signs of that at all. Although they're not a pair of jeans I wear very regularly.post #6564 of 215644/23/13 at 9:06amThread Starter^^^
B- Thanks for chiming in
They are fantastic. Carol (IMO) is a much better tailor than he is cobbler. I wouldn't worry about the overlock stitching(?) giving out, they seem reinforced on the interior on the jean with the same stitching found on the hem. The fabric feels strong & in typical Carol fashion the details are killer (see pic).
BTW- we are you guys finding pairs in normal sizes still available? I was under the impression they were sold out and fabric is no more (KIT D)
Pic belongs to Eton97 (image is the KIT R version) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #6565 of 215644/23/13 at 10:22ampost #6566 of 215644/23/13 at 10:32ampost #6567 of 215644/23/13 at 11:51ampost #6568 of 215644/23/13 at 11:56ampost #6569 of 215644/23/13 at 6:01pmpost #6570 of 215644/23/13 at 6:07pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 17 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 22 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 22 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 41 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding