995 guidis in solid condition. Could cost a bit for shipping but it still seems like a good deal. Wish they were one size smaller.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 2/23/17 at 6:39pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 438post #6556 of 226784/22/13 at 4:55pmpost #6557 of 226784/22/13 at 8:04pmpost #6558 of 226784/22/13 at 9:01pmpost #6559 of 226784/22/13 at 10:17pmThread Starterpost #6560 of 226784/22/13 at 10:40pmQuote:
The fit is great. I wear 43 in Guidi 991 and these in 42.
Slimmer than usual A1923 laceups with bulbous toes.
Definitely close to CCP zips in terms of fit and style.
As cool as the seamless ones sound, I really like the details of these sidezips.
The details help to emphasize that roughness of A1923 that I like.
It veers away from the clean seamless uppers of Guidi zip boots or the other A1923 backzips in the past which felt a bit too plain to me.
These have horse on the vamp and front shaft, and culatta on the back shaft and heel. It creates some interesting texture play.
Many thanks to Paul at The Serpentine for helping me.post #6561 of 226784/23/13 at 6:35amThread Starterpost #6562 of 226784/23/13 at 8:14amQuote:
Quoting this because I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe Eck you could give us your opinion on them ? Would be great!post #6563 of 226784/23/13 at 8:56amThey seem very durable to me, all the stitching and finishing is done very well as to be expected. The fabric feels nice and dense with some give to it.
Some people say the stitching at the hem may come undone over time but mine doesn't show any signs of that at all. Although they're not a pair of jeans I wear very regularly.post #6564 of 226784/23/13 at 9:06amThread Starter^^^
B- Thanks for chiming in
They are fantastic. Carol (IMO) is a much better tailor than he is cobbler. I wouldn't worry about the overlock stitching(?) giving out, they seem reinforced on the interior on the jean with the same stitching found on the hem. The fabric feels strong & in typical Carol fashion the details are killer (see pic).
BTW- we are you guys finding pairs in normal sizes still available? I was under the impression they were sold out and fabric is no more (KIT D)
Pic belongs to Eton97 (image is the KIT R version) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #6565 of 226784/23/13 at 10:22ampost #6566 of 226784/23/13 at 10:32ampost #6567 of 226784/23/13 at 11:51ampost #6568 of 226784/23/13 at 11:56ampost #6569 of 226784/23/13 at 6:01pmpost #6570 of 226784/23/13 at 6:07pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › The Look goes on... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › Best fitting "casual" oxford shirts? i.e., able to be worn... 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 29 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 33 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 50 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 51 minutes ago
- › Tonello Black velvet stretch blazer - Size EU 48 - Reg $730 58 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...