Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 2/8/16 at 10:12am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 383
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5732 of 205762/13/13 at 10:33ampost #5733 of 205762/13/13 at 11:44am
i thought question is directed at nicelynice hence i stayed out of it, also i dont own guidi so i figured i'd let it be but if i were to answer, my answer would be similar to moo's (see below)Quote:Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
toast... it's all a matter of preference. I don't think anyone other than you can decide what works best for you. I find pull on boots to be the most useful, but that doesn't mean I don't also own and love lace-ups. Whether zippers command a premium or not is up to you. For some it's purely aesthetic; for others, it's convenience. And for others still, it's just what appeals to them. Do I think that $200 for a zipper is "worth" it? I wouldn't look at it like that, personally. I would look at it from the angle of "do I like it?" And if I do, do I like it enough to pay the premium?
one add, zips/pull ons are much faster to put on over lace upspost #5734 of 205762/13/13 at 11:45ampost #5735 of 205762/13/13 at 12:00pmpost #5736 of 205762/13/13 at 12:58pm
So I'm looking for some backzip cordovan boots, budget isn't much of an issue, but I'm 5'5 and have UK6 feet, so need something that wouldn't make me look like a complete clown. Anyone have any suggestions? I've been digging through this thread and looking at various brands, but don't really have a clue where to start!post #5737 of 205762/13/13 at 1:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by iamacyborg
So I'm looking for some backzip cordovan boots, budget isn't much of an issue, but I'm 5'5 and have UK6 feet, so need something that wouldn't make me look like a complete clown. Anyone have any suggestions? I've been digging through this thread and looking at various brands, but don't really have a clue where to start!
confused, what do you mean by clown? 5'5 w/uk6 feet is fairly normal right?
either way for backzip:
they may not be cordovan but they all have horse leather and various optonspost #5738 of 205762/13/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
Fairly normal for someone my size, probably. But I meant nothing that's too high or with too big of a toebox, because it'll look completely ridiculous at my size.
Thanks for the brand names, I'll have a dig around and see what I can find. :)post #5739 of 205762/13/13 at 1:24pmpost #5740 of 205762/13/13 at 1:27pmpost #5741 of 205762/13/13 at 1:43pmpost #5742 of 205762/13/13 at 7:35pmpost #5743 of 205762/13/13 at 8:12pmpost #5744 of 205762/13/13 at 8:14pm
- The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..)
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 18 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 56 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?