Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on Today at 2:43 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 327
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4892 of 2058111/20/12 at 2:13pmpost #4893 of 2058111/20/12 at 2:23pmpost #4894 of 2058111/20/12 at 2:52pmpost #4895 of 2058111/20/12 at 3:50pmpost #4896 of 2058111/20/12 at 4:55pmpost #4897 of 2058111/20/12 at 9:07pmpost #4898 of 2058111/20/12 at 9:34pmpost #4899 of 2058111/20/12 at 9:45pmpost #4900 of 2058111/20/12 at 9:51pmpost #4901 of 2058111/20/12 at 9:59pm
I've looked around and seen some info, but how are you guys taking care of the sole? I have what looks like a rubber heel (tap?) but the front is completely exposed. I went out for a while and walked around on it but kept thinking if it was a good idea to get something on the front sole as well. I've seen some people talk about not worrying about covering the front part and that it ruins the aesthetic, but, I'd hate to damage the wooden sole or worst put enough pressure on it that it might crack (possible?)post #4902 of 2058111/20/12 at 10:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by ExAngel
I've looked around and seen some info, but how are you guys taking care of the sole? I have what looks like a rubber heel (tap?) but the front is completely exposed. I went out for a while and walked around on it but kept thinking if it was a good idea to get something on the front sole as well. I've seen some people talk about not worrying about covering the front part and that it ruins the aesthetic, but, I'd hate to damage the wooden sole or worst put enough pressure on it that it might crack (possible?)
wont crack, sole is not wooden its leather, i'd add vibram to itpost #4903 of 2058111/21/12 at 12:30amIt's up to you, but I don't ever vibram the heels.
Occasionally I'll do the sole, but trust me, it's fine to leave as is.
The first 20 wears or so it'll seem like it's wearing down really fast and you'll get a bit worried about it. After that, it kinda doesn't change for a good 2 years of wear, and at that stage you can just get them re-soled. Re-soling costs about $100 and there are SF-recommended cobblers who'll do an excellent job, just as good if not better than the originals.
Of course, if you vibram you'll likely not have to get them re-soled, but you will eventually have to get them re-vibrammed. So it kinda defeats the purpose IMO.post #4904 of 2058111/21/12 at 1:08am
- The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Church's Custom Grade Ashley black calf loafers Excellent condition... 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › tailors in seoul korea? 18 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 19 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.