nope, but I had a pair once. edit, see my op. AW13/
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 10/8/16 at 10:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 1456post #21826 of 2188210/13/16 at 3:31pmpost #21827 of 2188210/13/16 at 4:37pm
that looks like them!Quote:Originally Posted by nahneun
@curiouscharles, do you have any information regarding those backzips
nah, i had no clue!
consignors send upwards of 10-40 pairs of footwear in any given delivery, and they rarely say [or remember/care] where / when things came from.
it's so much work just managing this whole operation [along with Calculus now, no less] that i don't have the time to research items' origins like i did back in the early days. :/
would not have suspected these were buffalo, the grain is much smaller and less pronounced than most of the buffalo i've handled before [including from Maurizio], but it does make sense in retrospect, as the grain doesn't line up with anything else i've ever seen.post #21828 of 2188210/13/16 at 7:29pmpost #21829 of 2188210/16/16 at 7:34pm
Does anyone have M_Moria boots/shoes in the B last in size 43?
I'm trying to figure out how the fit of the boot varies from last to last. I have been able to try on boots in last A and C. I found A to be painfully narrow and C to be curved (some arch support) with a wide toebox (really well suited to my foot).
However, I'm interested in the B_ last boots. Is there anyone with a B_ last shoe in size 43 who can measure the widest point of the outsole under the toes?
I put together this picture of the A, B, C outsoles that show the difference in shape:post #21830 of 2188210/16/16 at 7:55pmMy experience is only with the A last and I don't find it narrow at all. In fact, I can fit 1 full size down from my normal size. Also, from what I'm told before, it is the roomiest last. @eckblk has boots in the B last but not in the size 43. I think you have to go true to size on the B last and half size up if you are in between sizes.post #21831 of 2188210/16/16 at 8:04pmThread Starterpost #21832 of 2188210/16/16 at 8:08pmQuote:
Can you tell me more about how you've found those two models of Carpe boots to fit?post #21833 of 2188210/16/16 at 8:12pmThread Starterpost #21834 of 2188210/16/16 at 8:16pmThread Starterpost #21835 of 2188210/16/16 at 8:22pmpost #21836 of 2188210/17/16 at 5:11amQuote:Originally Posted by eckblk
You can size down the S52M if needed. The S23M usually will break your foot if your try to go down a size (although some have been able to by stretching the boots out).
@AlexanderTG care to chime in on your S52M vs S45M?
I don't wear the S52Ms as much as the S45Ms just because I guess I like CD boots better than their derbies. But I do wear a thin Pedag insole in the ankle boots whereas the derbies I don't (or at least I recently took the insole out that I had been using as the last time I wore them they seemed to hurt my instep a bit).
I'd say the boots are a bit roomier in general. Both of mine are 42s. Hope that helps.post #21837 of 2188210/17/16 at 5:16ampost #21838 of 2188210/17/16 at 8:50ampost #21839 of 2188210/17/16 at 8:56ampost #21840 of 2188210/17/16 at 9:20am
Speaking of m_moria, it's not so undestructible as we've thought. I live in a dry sunny environment (15 rainy days a year or so) and my sole of AA_dve first DSM buy of 2013 iirc is starting to unglue apart and cracking. I had to take it to cobbler to reglue but looks like his glue isn't holding it up much, I see a thin crack again.
Does anyone know if it's possible to ask for a repair, maybe paid (iirc m_moria has a lifetime guarantee but still), not through the retailer? I won't be able to do it through DSM unfortunately. Maybe @uzairh is able to offer some advice please?
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › MA-1 Jackets Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet X Vanson Trident Leather Jacket medium 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 16 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 38 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 39 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 50 minutes ago
- › FS: Crockett & Jones Westbourne in Navy size 7UK with extras 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...