Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 1452

post #21766 of 22908
I don't think you can ask for devaluation using FJP, I used them a while bac. Whilst the service, commission fees, and handling were great, it was my first ordering from Japan, and so had no idea about having to pay additional duties and tax
post #21767 of 22908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo1990 View Post

I don't think you can ask for devaluation using FJP, I used them a while bac. Whilst the service, commission fees, and handling were great, it was my first ordering from Japan, and so had no idea about having to pay additional duties and tax

you can specify the exact value of every item in your shipment when setting your shipping preferences for a delivery.

post #21768 of 22908
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post

FJP is the tops, absolute tops.

no humans to deal with, all automated, amazing website / platform, practically zero fees.

Sorry, how is this a good thing?
post #21769 of 22908

Pretty sure he means you don't have to wait for an individual to help bid for an item while it's automatic.

 

The last time I used Zenmarket you could declare your package value with no problem just have to pay a very small fee.

post #21770 of 22908
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClambakeSkate View Post

Sorry, how is this a good thing?

just what Jay said, you don't have to depend on human interaction to make sure your bid is placed, it's all automatic.

time is of the essence quite often when dealing with proxy bidding, so their humanless system is ideal.

i've never gotten dinged with import duties using them either, not sure if that was dumb luck or what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dji0 View Post

you can specify the exact value of every item in your shipment when setting your shipping preferences for a delivery.

ah yes, this would be why. satisfied.gif
post #21771 of 22908
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post

i've never gotten dinged with import duties using them either, not sure if that was dumb luck or what.
ah yes, this would be why. satisfied.gif

 

So how much of the advantage that EU merchants have selling to US customers (discussed IIRC on another thread) would be nullified if they weren't, you know, committing customs fraud? 

post #21772 of 22908
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulipien View Post

So how much of the advantage that EU merchants have selling to US customers (discussed IIRC on another thread) would be nullified if they weren't, you know, committing customs fraud? 

it's funny because import duties literally exist to protect local business from unfair international advantage, but 100% fail at their job.

TTIP and CETA would completely fix this, but unfortunately there's too many other reasons why these trade deals suck for them to ever realistically be ratified.
post #21773 of 22908
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscharles View Post


it's funny because import duties literally exist to protect local business from unfair international advantage, but 100% fail at their job.

TTIP and CETA would completely fix this, but unfortunately there's too many other reasons why these trade deals suck for them to ever realistically be ratified.

 

I think it's a little unfair to pin the blame on import duties failing here. Sure, to work in the case of individuals ordering from merchants they rely on honesty and plain dealing from the merchants, but do we really expect customs agents to operate on a theory of maximal suspicion and to open every package and be able to ascertain the value of every item inside? Or to do something potentially even more intrusive (monitor international transmissions of funds?)?

 

I've made one purchase from PNP (and, er, one from you) and in neither case was the amount over the (recently raised) $800 limit, but the declared amount was marked down, without my even having asked. It's not surprising that foreign merchants have an advantage in the face of widespread (and expected/demanded by consumers—like people complain about merchants that don't do this, which is kind of astounding to me) fraud. I guess you can say that that's the import duties failing, but I'd expect any alternative scheme to be similarly subverted, and the amounts in question are probably pretty small from the government's perspective.

post #21774 of 22908
This shit again?
post #21775 of 22908
Nvm
post #21776 of 22908
Full house:
post #21777 of 22908
Lovely!
post #21778 of 22908
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

Lovely!

Thanks! Not sure if this many pairs is considered hoarding, but i seem not to be able to let any of these go..
post #21779 of 22908
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdude View Post

Thanks! Not sure if this many pairs is considered hoarding, but i seem not to be able to let any of these go..

You are talking to the wrong person about boot hoarding
post #21780 of 22908
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

You are talking to the wrong person about boot hoarding
Perhaps even in the wrong thread for this kind of conversation? smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..)