So, I just got home and had some time to walk around a bit with the both shoes on and, while it's still a bit tight, the shoes have loosened and I think 43 is still probably the right choice. I think a 44 would have fit me as well but I may have needed a small insole.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL Last post on 12/24/16 at 9:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.A.+, M Moria, Carpe Diem, etc..) - Page 1420post #21286 of 224286/8/16 at 1:29ampost #21287 of 224286/8/16 at 8:17ampost #21288 of 224286/8/16 at 8:24pmpost #21289 of 224286/10/16 at 10:47ampost #21290 of 224286/10/16 at 11:35amQuote:
I use these with C Diem and MA+ boots. They're great. Provide some decent support and definitely don't impact size too much.post #21291 of 224286/10/16 at 11:50ampost #21292 of 224286/10/16 at 5:15pmpost #21293 of 224286/10/16 at 5:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pairate
Does anyone have experience with Pedag Viva insoles? Realizing I need something for heel and arch support. Unless I size up, I'm having trouble fitting normal insoles in my boots.
Yes. I like these over Tacco now since they're a bit more narrow and wont distort your boots instep. The half length ones are good too if you need heel/arch support but your toebox is already maxed.post #21294 of 224286/10/16 at 5:28pmQuote:
+1 for the half lengths, i use them in my ccp derbies in lieu of the provided insole. actually, the ones i use are just a heel padpost #21295 of 224286/10/16 at 6:59pmpost #21296 of 224286/10/16 at 11:14pmpost #21297 of 224286/10/16 at 11:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by sinnedk
Member Slerpen is selling his culatta workboots here http://www.styleforum.net/t/523640/a1923-culatta-workboots-44 size 44
I'm looking for sz 43 a1923 combats if anyone has a lead. I'm in the middle of an after-sale, wrong product delivered, disaster on what would have been a great grailed deal for a pair. That situation seems to have gone south so now I'm on the hunt again once I get my funds back.post #21298 of 224286/10/16 at 11:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by psydle
I'm looking for sz 43 a1923 combats if anyone has a lead. I'm in the middle of an after-sale, wrong product delivered, disaster on what would have been a great grailed deal for a pair. That situation seems to have gone south so now I'm on the hunt again once I get my funds back.
Insole and those 44 would work for you...post #21299 of 224286/11/16 at 12:00am
combats, 10" height and 43 is a snug fit that I prefer in a laceup since I can leave the laces loose. Going back to the insole discussion, I far prefer to add a half insole just to get me the arch support and heel cupping since my foot length is more of a 43.5 than an 11. Once my original release, 2010-11 era a1923 sz 43 dual zips ( opposite side zippers in really rough culatta, no rounded heel cup) broke-in, they are some of the most comfortable boots in my collection just with a pedag half in there. That boot is really what I joined this forum in search of initially after buying an oversized 44 at Atelier simply because they were so hardened through the toe that I coudn't tell how they were going to break in.
Anyway, I want a snug fitting tall combat from a1923 now which for me is a 43. I'm keeping an eye on some options but the deal I though I'd locked in already was pretty damn baller. I've had really terrible luck with bad sellers in the last few months actually. The market is apparently awash with assholes. I was shipped a pair of rihanna x puma fenty creepers and some random person somewhere has the a1923 that I actually bought. That was a shitty shock when opening the box.post #21300 of 224286/11/16 at 8:23am
Finally got a chance to wear my new 992s out yesterday. My first foray with donkey leather and I have to say I'm very happy with them. Holger had/has these in horse but I wanted something a bit lighter for the warmer weather.
I got these from Calculus, which is Graham from Re-porter's new retail store in Victoria, Canada. He's a great guy and provides incredible customer service. His selection of designers is refreshingly slim but speaks to the time, care and personal connection he has towards what he stocks.
Check him out here.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Common Projects Achilles Low - Light Grey (Size 43) (brand new,... 14 seconds ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 1 minute ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green brandy pin grain Westminster double monk, 888 last UK8.5E 2 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...